Author Topic: Stanley Cup Picks  (Read 212239 times)

sonickteam2

Re: Stanley Cup Picks
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2009, 04:50:49 pm »
what happened? do tell!

edit: are you talking about Ovie watching the Rangers morning skate? 
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 04:58:33 pm by back to sonick »

sonickteam2

« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2009, 07:55:38 am »
Bruins up 3-0 and i dont suppose they're about to lose one anytime soon. I now expect a sweep. Which will give them some rest.

with any luck, Julian, Smackie and I will all be sitting in the 3-0 catbird seat by the end of the night, eh?

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2009, 11:43:20 am »
Aside from Varlamov looking phenominal, if the Caps keep doing what they did last night: Crashing the net, passing the puck, cleaning up shots in the goalmouth, keeping Lundquist off balance, OV playing a supporting role, the Rangers don't have a prayer.

Also helps to have that fucking jerkoff Avery destroy his team. RACK THAT. Although Erskine should have put him in a headlock and ripped his fucking dome off the moment he turned around to confront Varlamov and the puck was on the other end of the ice. It's 4-0. SACK THE FUCK UP AND RIP HIS HEAD OFF!!!!!!!

vansmack

« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2009, 12:21:45 pm »
with any luck, Julian, Smackie and I will all be sitting in the 3-0 catbird seat by the end of the night, eh?

I'm not exactly jumping to pick the Ducks in the Streak tonight, but I am surprised that 93% of the people have picked the Sharks.  Maybe they haven't been watching the same series I've been watching because the Sharks look completely baffled right now.
27>34

sonickteam2

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2009, 12:26:27 pm »

I'm not exactly jumping to pick the Ducks in the Streak tonight, but I am surprised that 93% of the people have picked the Sharks.  Maybe they haven't been watching the same series I've been watching because the Sharks look completely baffled right now.

People dont watch hockey anymore, remember?

shemptiness

« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2009, 01:36:19 pm »
Also helps to have that fucking jerkoff Avery destroy his team.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2009, 06:00:43 pm »

I think SJ will win tonite. I don't see them going out in 4. Then, after winning game 3, they'll exhale and go back to being the Sharks and Anaheim will head back to SJ up 3-1.

IcePrincess

« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2009, 06:19:57 pm »
Aside from Varlamov looking phenominal, if the Caps keep doing what they did last night: Crashing the net, passing the puck, cleaning up shots in the goalmouth, keeping Lundquist off balance, OV playing a supporting role, the Rangers don't have a prayer.

Also helps to have that fucking jerkoff Avery destroy his team. RACK THAT. Although Erskine should have put him in a headlock and ripped his fucking dome off the moment he turned around to confront Varlamov and the puck was on the other end of the ice. It's 4-0. SACK THE FUCK UP AND RIP HIS HEAD OFF!!!!!!!

I couldn't agree more...Well said!!!

sonickteam2

« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2009, 10:24:49 am »
  Well, so much for the Blues. And hopefully the Habs too, tonight.

Its funny how on Monday, the Capitals faced a must win situation and now it seems the NY Rangers are facing one now.  I realize the Caps can only tie the series tonight but, in reality, they are the better team and you can't give them momentum going home like that.  I say whoever wins tonight, takes the series.

and Montreal is booing the Star Spangled Banner again. how does this make it into the news every single year!

its only a matter of time til they start booing O Canada too.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2009, 10:28:17 am »
fleury was great last night
o/\o

sonickteam2

« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2009, 11:07:01 am »
fleury was great last night

i know man. I was never too scared of Pitt cause of their crappy goalie.  Lets hope its just one game.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2009, 11:22:48 am »
fleury had a mediocre regular season, but the whole team did to be honest. i'm not sure what to expect this year out of the playoffs, so i am just enjoying the ride

but he was awesome in the playoffs last year. if anything scares me its the penalty kill. and letang taking penalties in the first 30 seconds of power plays
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2009, 12:56:59 pm »
The Sharks last power play goal robbed us of Free Hockey.  We deserved OT.  That hooking call was all stick, no body.

Either way, the Sharks deserved the victory, but I wanted Free Hockey.
27>34

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2009, 10:32:18 pm »
Oh how sweet it is! 3-1 Baby! 1 More to go! LETS GO RANGERS!
HeyLa

sonickteam2

« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2009, 11:26:38 pm »
Oh how sweet it is! 3-1 Baby! 1 More to go! LETS GO RANGERS!

We'll be waiting.....