Author Topic: Stanley Cup Picks  (Read 212243 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Stanley Cup Picks
« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2009, 10:59:17 pm »
Speaking of cowardly performances....

Torts suspended for Game 6

a different view of the same events: NHL adds security, won't discipline Washington Capitals for flap.  sure, you'd hope that an NHL coach would keep his cool in the heat of battle... but you'd also expect that security would deal with unruly fans.

if i could get some decent tix for game 7, i'd consider calling in sick and hoping the first thing down to DC.  should be a riot (hopefully not literally).
<sig>

sonickteam2

« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2009, 11:11:45 pm »
Let me keep this in my personal memory next time someone whips out the old "Red Sox fans are such assholes" card.

Torts should have beaten that dude with a hockey stick.

I didnt think sticking with Varlamov was a good idea really, but it seems to be paying off.  Honestly, though, i think Kolzig could be the Rangers the way they're playing now. Looks like i could be headed for more blacked out games on Vs.!  :(  (and worse yet, 2nd round matchup with the Pens)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2009, 08:19:00 am »
just got my game 7 tickets, really psyched!
(o|o)

Mobius

« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2009, 08:32:42 am »
Strange turn of events.  The Rangers were the tougher team for the first 4 games and now they're reduced to tattling to the league b/c Caps fans called them names??  Pathetic.  I think yesterdays game was a sideffect of the Hockeygods puking in their Molsons and hopefully the Caps can keep up the momentum, take these clowns out . . .and maybe someone can be a hero and beatdown Sean Avery?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 08:54:00 am by Mobius »

shemptiness

« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2009, 10:52:18 am »
Let me keep this in my personal memory next time someone whips out the old "Red Sox fans are such assholes" card.

Please.  Go to a game at MSG.

« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2009, 11:11:52 am »
Anybody remember the Homicide episode where the guy gets pushed onto the subway tracks as the train is arriving?  We're making our way through Homicide on dvd, and watched that one Thursday night.

Then I had the rare occasion to ride Metro Friday afternoon, and lo and behold there were grown men standing around in hockey jerseys.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2009, 11:27:04 am »
Yes, they were more than likely going to a hockey game.

Look for the Rangers to go to Valiquette on Tuesday. Might as well. Lundquist's glove hand has been absolutely exposed. I honestly think the guy is hurt. He has completely imploded.

I originally hit "reply" to post about Joe Thornton, the most overrated player in the history of hockey. God that dude is pathetic.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2009, 11:53:09 am »
ok - i seriously hope this isnt true or people are just f-ed up.

Brandon Dubinsky required a tetanus shot because he was bit by Caps defenseman Shaone Morrisonn during a skirmish with 4:57 to play in the second period. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=418788&navid=DL|NHL|Home

and im headed to the devils game tomorrow night! so cant wait! would rather have seen the rangers, but since that didnt work out, any playoff hockey is guaranteed to be a good time.
HeyLa

sonickteam2

« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2009, 12:08:48 pm »

Please.  Go to a game at MSG.

I  have been to MSG and i quite enjoyed my experience there. I was even rooting for Boston.  no one was shouting homophobic comments.  in fact, the only time i've ever heard anything other than "Jeter's gay" is at a Raven's game. 

besides, I wasnt saying that NY fans (or any other fans for that matter) were better than Caps fans, my point was only that every sports team has a group of assholes and i honestly think its a matter of experience, nothing statistical that makes some better than others. (except for Notre Dame fans, those people are down right friendly)

godsshoeshine

« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2009, 12:22:51 pm »
you had me up until you excluded nd
o/\o

sonickteam2

« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2009, 12:50:05 pm »
you had me up until you excluded nd

ha!  well, i went to a ND / Penn St game a few years back with ppl who went to Penn St and they were screamin and yelling and what not, and never really did anyone yell back.  and after Penn St. lost, they were like, "man, you guys were much better than we thought" or "we got lucky, good game" and such.

i thought it was odd.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2009, 12:54:54 pm »
i've seen them play 3 or 4 times at pitt and thought their fans were assholes

and i'm a penn state fan, so i got no love for either

my issue with sawx fans is that they tend to also be "fans" of boston/new england teams in sports i care about. except they cant talk about the pats/bruins/c's without bringing up the stupid ass sawx
o/\o

« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2009, 12:55:14 pm »
Is Jeter really gay?

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2009, 01:30:19 pm »
The best part about ND home games is you can openly root against the Irish and not have to worry about losing your life. 2007 was the best season EVER for ND haters living in northern Indiana.

vansmack

« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2009, 01:31:55 pm »
The best part about ND home games is you can openly root against the Irish and not have to worry about losing your life. 2007 was the best season EVER for ND haters living in northern Indiana.

I was going to say something similar.  As a Domer, I'm a much different fan this past decade than I was the previous two decades (especially the 80's).
27>34