Author Topic: Stanley Cup Picks  (Read 212224 times)

godsshoeshine

Re: Stanley Cup Picks
« Reply #195 on: May 05, 2009, 08:53:03 am »
for me the difference is the caps are getting better play from their nonstars
o/\o

shemptiness

« Reply #196 on: May 05, 2009, 09:02:04 am »
for me the difference is the caps are getting better play from their nonstars

Maybe Kunitz needs to cross-check the goalie more often.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #197 on: May 05, 2009, 09:04:14 am »
or score a goal. either would be helpful
o/\o

sonickteam2

« Reply #198 on: May 05, 2009, 09:33:55 am »
I'm a Caps fan. 

who isnt these days.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #199 on: May 05, 2009, 10:00:06 am »
I'm a Caps fan. 

who isnt these days.
Ok so why so much attitude (not just from you) about all the new fans in DC?  People who are just getting into hockey aren't allowed to??

It only makes sense there would be lot of new hockey fans in DC.  There hasn't been a likable, winning team in this city for well over a decade.  The caps ownership and management are doing a brilliant job of marketing the team, and they're winning.  To top it off they have one of the games biggest stars (if not THE biggest star) on the roster.  So what's not to like?  Why shouldn't the team have a boat load of new fans?

chaz

« Reply #200 on: May 05, 2009, 10:06:50 am »
sid's the only pen thats come to score. pretty frustrating, both games in dc were winnable

i think the caps win anyway and by no means am i saying that the pens were robbed or anything like that, but if we're calling goals garbage, cooke was clearly interfered with on ovies second goal
Ok if you want to play that game how about Kunitz's head shot on Varly right before Crosby's third goal?

godsshoeshine

« Reply #201 on: May 05, 2009, 10:07:54 am »
exactly, i dont want to play that game. that was the point

o/\o

chaz

« Reply #202 on: May 05, 2009, 10:12:35 am »
exactly, i dont want to play that game. that was the point

Well ok then. 
Last night was a way more physical game than the first.  Looking forward to seeing what unfolds up in Pitt.

sonickteam2

« Reply #203 on: May 05, 2009, 10:55:57 am »
I'm a Caps fan. 

who isnt these days.
Ok so why so much attitude (not just from you) about all the new fans in DC?  People who are just getting into hockey aren't allowed to??

It only makes sense there would be lot of new hockey fans in DC.  There hasn't been a likable, winning team in this city for well over a decade.  The caps ownership and management are doing a brilliant job of marketing the team, and they're winning.  To top it off they have one of the games biggest stars (if not THE biggest star) on the roster.  So what's not to like?  Why shouldn't the team have a boat load of new fans?

I have a well-stated personal vendetta against the Capitals. we know that.  Other than that i find it simply annoying that people constantly ridicule me about being Canadian and hockey and what not, all of a sudden want to come over and watch the game or talk about last nights action. 

I dont know, i suppose if i thought you all would be here in 3 years after Ovechkin gets traded to Detroit then perhaps i wouldnt mind. 

Also, just remember, whenever you are just getting into anything (even this forum) you should always expect the people who are already there to be skeptical and sometimes poke fun.

hockey newbies are no different!  :)  your team is up 2-0, though, so i wouldnt let it bother you much.

chaz

« Reply #204 on: May 05, 2009, 11:05:48 am »
I'm a Caps fan. 

who isnt these days.

I dont know, i suppose if i thought you all would be here in 3 years after Ovechkin gets traded to Detroit then perhaps i wouldnt mind. 

Also, just remember, whenever you are just getting into anything (even this forum) you should always expect the people who are already there to be skeptical and sometimes poke fun.

hockey newbies are no different!  :)  your team is up 2-0, though, so i wouldnt let it bother you much.

I've heard these Ovechkin/Detroit rumors recently - Newsflash - He's got a 13 year contract...All reliable sources have said these rumors are just that.

I'm not a hockey newbie, but wouldn't consider myself a long time hardcore fan either.  But having a compelling, winning team in town has sure ticked my interest.  And yes, I am happy my team is up 2-0.

sonickteam2

« Reply #205 on: May 05, 2009, 11:19:40 am »
Oh i havent heard any of these Ovechkin to Detroit rumours. I was simply using it as an example of something that would happen that would cause winning and fanbase to deteriorate.

maybe saying "when Ovie gets a career ending concussion" but that seems too mean.

shemptiness

« Reply #206 on: May 05, 2009, 11:20:26 am »
I can only speak for myself, and I attended many a losing Caps game at the Capital Centre.

Everybody loves a winner, especially DC.  Plus it's a pretty exciting team to watch.

vansmack

« Reply #207 on: May 05, 2009, 11:56:37 am »
With all this excitement in the hometown, I hope you all aren't missing the de facto Stanley Cup Final happening out west....
27>34

chaz

« Reply #208 on: May 05, 2009, 12:08:13 pm »
With all this excitement in the hometown, I hope you all aren't missing the de facto Stanley Cup Final happening out west....
No, i got about SIX HOURS of this series on Sunday afternoon...

sonickteam2

« Reply #209 on: May 05, 2009, 12:31:46 pm »