Author Topic: Stanley Cup Picks  (Read 212237 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: Stanley Cup Picks
« Reply #270 on: May 07, 2009, 12:30:15 pm »
Caps got totally outworked and outplayed last night.  A heroic effort by Varlamov but not enough to steal it. 

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #271 on: May 07, 2009, 03:22:08 pm »
Yet one more one goal home team win.  Series is right where it should be at this point.  No one is really ahead in a series until someone wins a road game.  Will we see the 4th one goal home team win tomorrow night?  That remains to be seen.  I just wish Alex would learn some class and respect for the game he is so skilled at.
FUKIT

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #272 on: May 07, 2009, 03:31:39 pm »
I just wish Alex would learn some class and respect for the game he is so skilled at.

how is OV "classless"?  i don't get it, sounds like an empty insult. 

he lacks "airness" too, fyi :)
<sig>

Driveway

« Reply #273 on: May 07, 2009, 03:32:48 pm »
I just wish Alex would learn some class and respect for the game he is so skilled at.

Look at that!  We've got our very on Don Cherry in the house!!!!

chaz

« Reply #274 on: May 07, 2009, 04:06:09 pm »

how is OV "classless"?  i don't get it, sounds like an empty insult. 

he lacks "airness" too, fyi :)
I asked him the same thing the other day when has said OV had no class and no respect for the game.

I never got an answer.

But he saw The Beatles so I guess he doesn't have to.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 04:18:14 pm by chaz »

vansmack

« Reply #275 on: May 07, 2009, 05:49:00 pm »
FYI - the NHL Network is picking up Sunday's Anaheim-Detroit game, which, until this announcement, was only going to be available in SoCal and the Detroit area, or those with the Center Ice Package.
27>34

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #276 on: May 07, 2009, 06:20:15 pm »
FYI - the NHL Network is picking up Sunday's Anaheim-Detroit game, which, until this announcement, was only going to be available in SoCal and the Detroit area, or those with the Center Ice Package.
Nice! I have center ice, but they really haven't shown any games in HD during the playoffs, so this is an upgrade.

vansmack

« Reply #277 on: May 07, 2009, 06:51:31 pm »
Nice! I have center ice, but they really haven't shown any games in HD during the playoffs, so this is an upgrade.

Not to mention the NHL Network's HD signal is broadcast in 1080, not 720 like the Fox Regional Sports Network.  It makes a huge difference in Hockey and other fast moving sports.

This is good for mankind.
27>34

shemptiness

« Reply #278 on: May 07, 2009, 09:01:36 pm »

« Reply #279 on: May 07, 2009, 09:28:53 pm »
Not to mention the NHL Network's HD signal is broadcast in 1080, not 720 like the Fox Regional Sports Network.  It makes a huge difference in Hockey and other fast moving sports.

This is good for mankind.
True, although I do love my FSN Detroit announcers, so it's a fair trade-off in my opinion. But I completely agree with the benefits of 1080 coming to the forefront in hockey.

chaz

« Reply #280 on: May 07, 2009, 09:46:21 pm »
Stay classy, Pens fans.
To be fair, this is just one stupid 17 year old kid.

« Reply #281 on: May 07, 2009, 09:49:03 pm »
"Ovechkin was seen walking of the team's hotel Thursday afternoon and appeared to be fine."

This statement just reeks of The Onion. Was it really necessary to tell us this? As though if he had been killed or was missing you'd bury the lead all the way to paragraph 6 of the article lol.

sonickteam2

« Reply #282 on: May 07, 2009, 10:14:49 pm »

Do you have Comcast or DirecTV? As i've probably said before, Dish Network has had 95% of their playoff games in HD (i think the NJ games werent).  Probably the only advantage with Dish, but it works out well for me since the Bruins and Vs. must have some agreement about never showing their games.

« Reply #283 on: May 07, 2009, 10:19:04 pm »
I have Verizon Fios. They only have one GameHD station, and the same set of stations is used for Center Ice and Extra Innings, and baseball has been on the high-def station the last few weeks. Everytime I flip over to Center Ice 1 (the one with the list of games for the day) it hasn't listed any playoff games, except one in the first round, as being in HD.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #284 on: May 07, 2009, 10:44:07 pm »
Stay classy, Pens fans.
To be fair, this is just one stupid 17 year old kid.
on a messageboard
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nhl_experts__30/ept_sports_nhl_experts-72168549-1241727803.jpg?ym7cNOBDXwVkFZ8N
apparently some other kid on a caps board found it and reported it. maybe the most extreme message board flame war ive seen
o/\o