Author Topic: Stanley Cup Picks  (Read 212239 times)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Stanley Cup Picks
« Reply #420 on: May 14, 2009, 04:12:54 pm »
Do you guys really think I'd give up the TV rights to my life that easily?

Please.
Likewise. Julian's America may not work on a hipster messageboard, but it could single-handedly save HBO!

vansmack

« Reply #421 on: May 14, 2009, 04:16:12 pm »
I went to work for exactly 30 minutes then announced to no one in particular that I couldn't work under these circumstances and went home.

Yes, I just sat through my only required meeting today (which I tolerated by mostly posting here) and now I'm off to my (pretend) meetings which mean going home and pacing around the living room until 4PT.

See, a defined date makes it much easier.  Take the Champions League Final for example.  I'm already taking the day off and flying to The OC to watch the match with my brother in law.  Not knowing if there's going to be a game 7 does not allow me to properly prepare days, sometimes weeks in advance and it makes me the mess that I am today.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #422 on: May 14, 2009, 04:21:11 pm »
And while we're at it, I want to publicly flog Venerable, who despite my well wishes for his team yesterday, just asked me some to defend some decision the Administration made on Economic Policy.

You can fuck off sir.  And now I'm openly rooting against the Pens the rest of way, despite my love for Kunitz, simply because of your lack of respect for what is really at issue today.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #423 on: May 14, 2009, 04:23:52 pm »
I have jogged 10 miles

I watched almost the entire 2007 Stanley Cup Finals riding an exer-cycle that we bought specifically for the finals....
27>34

Venerable Bede

« Reply #424 on: May 14, 2009, 04:49:24 pm »
And while we're at it, I want to publicly flog Venerable, who despite my well wishes for his team yesterday, just asked me some to defend some decision the Administration made on Economic Policy.

You can fuck off sir.  And now I'm openly rooting against the Pens the rest of way, despite my love for Kunitz, simply because of your lack of respect for what is really at issue today.
i did apologize and wished ya good luck tonight. . .

i can only wonder the number of bruin fans that will come out of the woodwork if they beat the canes tonight. . .i mean, simmons is doing a live chat tonight during the game.....
OU812

godsshoeshine

« Reply #425 on: May 14, 2009, 04:50:16 pm »

do i have to start rooting for the wings now? and then possibly chicago? you disappoint me
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #426 on: May 14, 2009, 04:56:35 pm »
do i have to start rooting for the wings now? and then possibly chicago? you disappoint me

I told you I shouldn't be out in public today. 

Venerable did apologize but I had already written what I had to say.  Apology accepted and I will continue to root for Chris Kunitz and the Pens, agaaaainst everybody but the Ducks.

And anybody who follows Simmon's chat during a game 7 is NOT A FAN OF HOCKEY AT ALL.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #427 on: May 14, 2009, 04:59:17 pm »
Do you guys really think I'd give up the TV rights to my life that easily?

Please.

1) i offered to pay.

2) you could generate some buzz by releasing the "early tapes" on this board.  before you know it everyone is blogging about it, you take them offline and hold out for a TV deal.

3) i'd be most happy to be your manager and PR person.  you know how to contact me.
<sig>

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #428 on: May 14, 2009, 05:08:06 pm »
#1 thing the Caps need to improve upon for next season is getting physically (and especially mentally) tougher. This team was soft as shit, see the constant playing down to level of opponents (see: NYR), the complete and total lack of physical play against the Pens, and the fact they, for all intents and purposes, gave up after the 2nd goal last night. They need some physical guys who can play, a second line center, and a couple physical d-men would be outstanding.

Memo to Mike Green: I know you were hurt (as I predicted), but get the fuck off the ice next time. You fucking sucked and were a huge liability on the ice.

« Reply #429 on: May 14, 2009, 05:32:42 pm »
#1 thing the Caps need to improve upon for next season is getting physically (and especially mentally) tougher.
No, I'm sorry, we were looking for "playing some defense, for once." "Playing some defense, for once." Too bad, but tell him what his consolation prize is, Johnny!

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #430 on: May 14, 2009, 07:47:02 pm »
Caps theme song for game #7 should have been this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG_7IDZHHzM
FUKIT

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #431 on: May 14, 2009, 08:59:57 pm »
#1 thing the Caps need to improve upon for next season is getting physically (and especially mentally) tougher.
No, I'm sorry, we were looking for "playing some defense, for once." "Playing some defense, for once." Too bad, but tell him what his consolation prize is, Johnny!
Ding ding ding ding!
The penguin centers just killed us....we could use some of that.  But more than anything we need a few D men that can plant their feet in front of the net and move the freaking puck.

Great game on right now btw...know there are a lot of Detroit fans on the board, but I'm going with the Ducks...the underdog and all.  Hope your ticker is holding up Smackie!

« Reply #432 on: May 14, 2009, 09:42:44 pm »
I... so tired. Cannot breathe. DAN MOTHERFUCKING CLEARY!!

« Reply #433 on: May 14, 2009, 09:43:00 pm »
I am spent.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #434 on: May 14, 2009, 09:48:24 pm »
Great game....indeed.