Author Topic: Stanley Cup Picks  (Read 212227 times)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Stanley Cup Picks
« Reply #435 on: May 14, 2009, 09:55:23 pm »
My love to Smackie. The Ducks took it to us in the 3rd after the game-tier and we didn't deserve to win. I could be him right now. But I'm not. But I'm aware I could be. And I'd be drinking the stuff under the sink, because there's no drug or liquor that could cover that. Don't do it, Smacks.

The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat, what a microcosm we have here. The hockey gods have spoken. Quick whistle, slow whistle. My God. I saw the Lord in Cleary's playoff beard. Oh sweet lord, the gin. Oh sweet lord, the tonic.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #436 on: May 14, 2009, 10:09:19 pm »
Mmmmmm....Gin and tonic.  Bombay Saphire I'm hoping?

It's a Two Hearted Ale night for me......

« Reply #437 on: May 14, 2009, 10:11:10 pm »
Pfft... Hendricks for the first two periods. Bombay up until thewe game tyer and then aristocrat or whawtever the hell we serve ourt friends from then to the end. Because at that point, even my fineally tuned palette couldn;t tell what I was drinking!

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #438 on: May 14, 2009, 11:08:29 pm »
this boston game is agonizing. its a good thing im a hawks fan. now i just have to hope they can make it past the redwings.

but i sure hope the b's can pull this off.
HeyLa

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #439 on: May 15, 2009, 02:45:50 am »
Two damn good games on Thursday.  All four teams played their hearts out.  Can't wait for the next round...

Speaking of which...

6| Canes
4| Pens

4| Hawks
2| Wings

Pick em...
FUKIT

godsshoeshine

« Reply #440 on: May 15, 2009, 08:45:11 am »
eastern finals dont even start until monday. lots of off days too, pretty crazy
o/\o

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #441 on: May 15, 2009, 09:08:59 am »
venerable, can you check up on smackie?  i'm worried about our boy.
<sig>

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #442 on: May 15, 2009, 10:26:10 am »
Pfft... Hendricks for the first two periods. Bombay up until thewe game tyer and then aristocrat or whawtever the hell we serve ourt friends from then to the end. Because at that point, even my fineally tuned palette couldn;t tell what I was drinking!
Aristocrat?  Julian, you dissapoint me.....

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #443 on: May 15, 2009, 11:12:08 am »
Hawks - 6
Pens -7

Go Hawks!
HeyLa

« Reply #444 on: May 15, 2009, 11:40:36 am »
Aristocrat?  Julian, you dissapoint me.....
I was drunk. It wasn't Aristocrat, it was regular Bombay. And it's our "invited company" gin.

And yes, for the love of God, someone please check on Smackie.

vansmack

« Reply #445 on: May 15, 2009, 12:04:56 pm »
I'm alright now.  Finally had a good night sleep.

Can't complain one bit about the boys effort last night.  I would have preferred to go down in a little better fashion than Cleary's stick hitting Hiller's pad, but it is what it is.  I really wanted OT, but I suspected the entire time that Detroit would get a late third period goal and Anaheim's only hope was to get to OT where anything could happen.

I feel badly for Carlyle.  He effectively worked the lines to neuter Detroit's big guns, but he just didn't have the depth to go deep with the Red Wings, and their depth made all the difference.  Our squad is a combination of really young and really old, so as we balance that out and become a group of late 20 somethings, we're going to be damn good.  The balancing starts with dealing Jiggy this off-season.  Sad, but it's time.

Congrats Julian.  You have much to proud of with that squad.  Classy, talented group of hockey players.
27>34

« Reply #446 on: May 15, 2009, 12:32:21 pm »
Oh wow, he showed up the next day and was classy and congratulatory and didn't tell anyone to fuck themself. Oh how different the 930 boarding experience could have been for all of you had that game went the other way.

« Reply #447 on: May 15, 2009, 12:41:31 pm »
And Smacks, your team had a hell of a season, or at least playoffs. Your analysis is correct, Detroit won because of 3rd and 4th lines; Anaheim's top 2 can play their game effectively against Detroit's top 2. If you can jettison Giguere (big cap hit especially with a possibly lowering cap number looming) and use that space to get experience on the 3rd line, you'll be right back next season. I only question how long the Niedermayer/Pronger/Selanne talent window stays open before a complete overhaul is needed. Regardless, this is becoming the best rivalry in the current NHL.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #449 on: May 15, 2009, 02:33:52 pm »
Oh wow, he showed up the next day and was classy and congratulatory and didn't tell anyone to fuck themself. Oh how different the 930 boarding experience could have been for all of you had that game went the other way.

I think a younger Smackie may not have been so conciliatory, nor if I hadn't taken the time to reflect last night.

A minute by minute report by me probably would have taken Franzen apart for the embellishment of Getzlaf's slash, but this is the NHL and I know well enough that the officials do a good job in the playoffs of evening things up.  The two power play goals were both the wrong call, but this is the NHL and those evened themselves out. 

The big failure was really of our own doing - twice failing to score with a two-man advantage.  If we score on either one of those, we don't lose on something like the last goal.   
27>34