Author Topic: Stanley Cup Picks  (Read 212232 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Stanley Cup Picks
« Reply #705 on: April 27, 2010, 03:28:50 pm »
from what i can tell, they give season ticket holders first crack at tickets in an attempt to limit non-fans from scooping them up.

i get that - they get first crack as a reward for their loyalty, and the team also uses post-season tix as an incentive to sell next year's season tickets/multi-game packs.  makes sense, the caps need to sell a lot of tickets to pay ovie's salary.

for the fun of it I tried pulling up a single a second ago - section 113, row B, for $275 with all fees!  :o  :o  :o  great seat, ridiculous price... that's eagles/rolling stones type pricing.
<sig>

heather

« Reply #706 on: April 27, 2010, 04:05:01 pm »
i hope my response didn't come across as being condescending.  it felt a little silly as i was typing (cause it's so intuitive); i should've just copied & pasted from the emails i get from the caps:

"This email is only being sent to Washington Capitals preferred buyers to ensure that the Verizon Center is full of Capitals fans rocking the red!  Although not guaranteed, ticket release alerts may be sent for future playoff games."

i'm happy to report that my friend (and fellow diehard caps fan) has agreed to relieve me of my tickets :)  i refuse to feel bad about it!

godsshoeshine

« Reply #707 on: April 29, 2010, 08:53:58 am »
o/\o

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #708 on: April 29, 2010, 09:17:23 am »
So, am I crazy? I'm convinced being a fan of DC teams is just not the right move for me...
‼‼?‼‼

fatskippy

« Reply #709 on: April 29, 2010, 10:42:06 am »
tons of broken ankles in DC this morning from the fans jumping off the bandwagon

blinkboy

« Reply #710 on: April 29, 2010, 11:55:45 am »
tons of broken ankles in DC this morning from the fans jumping off the bandwagon

LOL!!!!!!

is anyone really surprised that a team playing in the worst division in sports had trouble with a team like Montreal?  It was a bad matchup for them.

I am quite surprised they lost 3 of 4 at home tho. god that Pittsburgh/Montreal series is gonna be wicked!!!

yinzer

« Reply #711 on: April 29, 2010, 11:57:11 am »
yinz guys should come up to the burgh and check out some championship hockey.  the caps are losers and ovechkin is a bum.  great players come up big in big games.  ovechkin is not great.

blinkboy

« Reply #712 on: April 29, 2010, 12:01:14 pm »
yinz guys should come up to the burgh and check out some championship hockey.  the caps are losers and ovechkin is a bum.  great players come up big in big games.  ovechkin is not great.

i bet if Ovechkin had Dupuis, Guerin and Fleury on his team they wouldnt have lost game 7.

lets be honest, Crosby has a better surrounding cast. The Caps are still a couple years younger than Pitt.

is Halak great?  you'll soon find out!

yinzer

« Reply #713 on: April 29, 2010, 12:11:31 pm »
pens in 6.

blinkboy

« Reply #714 on: April 29, 2010, 12:20:49 pm »
pens in 6.

i dont even think it will take em that long!

godsshoeshine

« Reply #715 on: April 29, 2010, 12:29:55 pm »
fleury has won a bunch of playoff games the last two years, but i dont know that the caps last last night because of goaltending. however the suggestion that the pens are better than the caps because of a guy older than my dad and pascal dupuis is in-fucking-sane
o/\o

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #716 on: April 29, 2010, 12:58:00 pm »
Fuck Pittsburgh. That failed shithole of a city, take your sports team, they'll all be in the shitter like the rest of the city soon enough.

/frustrated
‼‼?‼‼

godsshoeshine

« Reply #717 on: April 29, 2010, 01:05:28 pm »
shouldnt you be talking shit on montreal
o/\o

blinkboy

« Reply #718 on: April 29, 2010, 01:07:48 pm »
shouldnt you be talking shit on montreal

they are your problem now!

blinkboy

« Reply #719 on: April 29, 2010, 01:08:48 pm »
fleury has won a bunch of playoff games the last two years, but i dont know that the caps last last night because of goaltending. however the suggestion that the pens are better than the caps because of a guy older than my dad and pascal dupuis is in-fucking-sane

surely you understood my point that Crosby has a better team than Ovechkin.  so i wont waste my time explaining it.