Author Topic: Stanley Cup Picks  (Read 212224 times)

godsshoeshine

Re: Stanley Cup Picks
« Reply #795 on: May 13, 2010, 04:21:58 pm »
he must have thought he had help on the fourth goal is all i can think of

youre right he's not a shutdown dman, but he's an underrated defender, especially post-lockout. his bread and butter is the powerplay. even apart from the points, his ability to hold the puck in the offensive zone is excellent. i looked at the free agents this morning, and the pickin's are slim, i agree. but still, only way the pens keep him is with a hometown discount

lots of trade malkin talk. sports fans in general make me want to bang my head against the wall
o/\o

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #796 on: May 13, 2010, 04:40:34 pm »
lots of trade malkin talk. sports fans in general make me want to bang my head against the wall
Ridiculous. Just look at the last three playoffs: the two years Crosby was the Pens best performer, no cup; the year Malkin was their best performer, cup. Geez.

« Reply #797 on: May 13, 2010, 04:44:24 pm »

godsshoeshine

« Reply #798 on: May 13, 2010, 05:31:45 pm »
Ridiculous. Just look at the last three playoffs: the two years Crosby was the Pens best performer, no cup; the year Malkin was their best performer, cup. Geez.
i dont know if its quite that simple, but no way you trade a conn smythe winner coming off his worst season. buy low sell high
o/\o

« Reply #799 on: May 13, 2010, 05:43:19 pm »
i dont know if its quite that simple, but no way you trade a conn smythe winner coming off his worst season. buy low sell high
I'm saying there's no way they win that Stanley Cup sans Malkin. Despite the NHL's marketing team's seeming insistence, it's not like Sidney Crosby is carrying 21 pieces of dead weight through the playoffs annually.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #800 on: May 13, 2010, 09:36:13 pm »
i need a magazine with half naked hockey players.

best i can come up with for ya:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Puck-Headlines-Measuring-true-MVPs-Ovechkin-be?urn=nhl,210182

http://www.towleroad.com/2010/02/canadian-hockeys-olympic-hero-sidney-crosbys-beefcake-shot.html

http://hockeyfortheladies.blogspot.com/ seems to have the hots for hockey players (specifically the penguins), but doesn't seem to deliver.

couldn't find anything as well done as that fifa/world cup spread.  maybe smackie knows of one?

Try the most recent issue of Vanity Fair for some half-naked world cup footballers. or this video on their website.

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2010/06/world-cup-video-201006
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #801 on: May 13, 2010, 09:58:02 pm »
that article was already posted in the "on the eve of a new season" thread.  it's what got walkies interested in sports.  in fact, his request for half-naked hockey players is a direct carry-over from that spread, as in he'd like hockey a whole lot more if...

i know this is a fast-moving board, but try to keep up ;)
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #802 on: May 13, 2010, 10:05:39 pm »
EXCUSE ME!  >:( :'(
T.Rex

blinkboy

« Reply #803 on: May 14, 2010, 12:45:37 pm »
what will it take for someone to mention the flyers/bruins series!? 

with pitt, wash and detroit out of the playoffs, someones gonna have to notice theres other teams....and damnit, i would like it if it were Boston.

i have my bottle of JD and a 12 pack of Sam Adams sayin Leighton better give up 5 tonight!

« Reply #804 on: May 14, 2010, 05:16:00 pm »
what will it take for someone to mention the flyers/bruins series!? 

with pitt, wash and detroit out of the playoffs, someones gonna have to notice theres other teams....and damnit, i would like it if it were Boston.

i have my bottle of JD and a 12 pack of Sam Adams sayin Leighton better give up 5 tonight!
I'm cheering for Boston tonite if it's any consolation!

walkonby

« Reply #805 on: May 14, 2010, 06:36:58 pm »

how about half naked pictures of you . . . to make up for it??    ;)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #806 on: May 14, 2010, 09:35:17 pm »
Go Flyers
FUKIT

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #807 on: May 14, 2010, 10:44:32 pm »

how about half naked pictures of you . . . to make up for it??    ;)

my sports of choice are PS3 and snack food, it's highly unlikely Annie Leibovitz will be inviting to her studio anytime soon. 
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #808 on: May 14, 2010, 11:37:15 pm »
Go Flyers

that was one hell of a gutsy performance.  i started off rooting for the bruins out of my newly-established preference for original six teams.  my allegiances turned after philly got their first goal - i thought it was a better story, felt like cheering for the underdog, and in the end i think montreal will have a slightly easier time with PHL than BOS. 

the game itself was only so-so.  boston played a technically better game (led in just about every category except the one that counts most) but philadelphia wanted it more - or was better able to keep their focus.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #809 on: May 16, 2010, 04:33:14 pm »
who the hell was responsible for scheduling this round?  can someone please answer the following questions:

1) why are there 2 games today and two games on tuesday, yet none on monday nor wednesday?  doesn't it make more sense to stagger the games?  as of thursday they go to alternating nights.

2) today's hawks-sharks game started at NOON in SJ!  is this because of the network (NBC) only willing to give up non-primetime for hockey?
<sig>