Author Topic: Baltimore Cleaner than DC  (Read 23792 times)

Frosty Finger

Re: Baltimore Cleaner than DC
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2023, 12:45:27 pm »
You could say that….in a macabre sort of way….

36% more homicides this year than last…kind of insane

« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2023, 11:59:24 am »
hmm...well they always say DC is recession proof, seems like other citys things are getting better

Detroit is on track to record the fewest murders since the 1960s. In Philadelphia, where there were more murders in 2021 than in any year on record, the number of homicides this year has fallen more than 20 percent from last year. And in Los Angeles, the number of shooting victims this year is down more than 200 from two years ago.
slack

« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2024, 08:35:10 am »
How contrarian of you DC

The U.S. ended 2023 with one of the largest annual drops in homicides on record.
slack

Frosty Finger

« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2024, 04:06:35 pm »

« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2024, 11:07:33 pm »
How does the NYTimes pitch bot knock it out of the park consistently

The homicide rate, as measured by the number of murders per 100,000 people, dropped precipitously in 2023.  But the homivibe rate, as measured by the number of mentions of violent crime on social media, remains higher than ever.

This guy is the onion for the modern era

slack

Frosty Finger

« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2024, 04:16:45 pm »
Homicides are down 50% this year so far in DC!

« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2024, 04:49:42 pm »
While no one dying is a good thing (welp Kissenger comes to mind...but I digress)

lets talk about actual risk vs perceived risk

I'd say the chance that you, hutch, were to be the victim of gun violence in DC is probably in the 3 or 4 zeros after the decimal point percentage

Now if you got that drug trade biz you've been talking about started in 2024 and picked a good corner in Brentwood
well then we would need to adjust those numbers

You are putting yourself at WAAY more risk of death by driving to the anthem than being killed by gun violence

now that's not to say we shouldn't work to reduce this, that is not what I'm saying

I'm just talking about the risk you are in when you cross the DC line for dying of gun violence
I think the amount of random people getting killed by this kind of stuff is low
it's a lot of criminals killing criminals
I don't know the full breakdown, but I suspect it's the majority of them

again, for those in the back, this still sucks and we should work to find ways to fix it
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2024, 04:58:58 pm »
Are the shooters around the Anthem actually aiming at people in cars, or are people just driving into the crossfire?

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2024, 05:00:55 pm »
Something like 96% of murders are between acquaintances. If you don't regularly deal with violent people, your chances of being murdered are extremely low.
😐 🎶

Frosty Finger

« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2024, 05:04:07 pm »
Dude I been offered blocks of heroin , coke or whatever right outside Irish times by some real sketchy mofos…a person I know who works at anthem had an attempted carjacking when she went back to her car

I think you far underestimate how bad it’s getting in DC.

« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2024, 05:05:00 pm »
Are the shooters around the Anthem actually aiming at people in cars, or are people just driving into the crossfire?
hmm, not sure but America avg about 30k traffic fatalities per year
1/2 of gun deaths are suicide in the US

although I was sad to learn that US has more gun deaths total than traffic fatalities
but still gun deaths by murder is still lower than car deaths...but it's actually starting to get close
so my argument will be moot in a few years it seems...yea guns!

slack

« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2024, 05:09:12 pm »
Dude I been offered blocks of heroin , coke or whatever right outside Irish times by some real sketchy mofos
man you could have started you business venture even earlier

I won't disagree that carjackings are WAAY up
but, while it sucks to lose your car...it's just a car, give it to them

my FIL law was overjoyed when I asked if he'd kill someone for trying to steal his car
"in one second, wouldn't think twice. I know I'd go to jail probably, but it doesn't matter'
slack

Frosty Finger

« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2024, 05:38:55 pm »
Yeah what’s the big deal about having a gun pointed at you and someone taking your car….

Wow dude

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2024, 06:59:22 pm »

I won't disagree that carjackings are WAAY up
but, while it sucks to lose your car...it's just a car, give it to them

Drive a stick shift.

« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2024, 08:07:40 pm »
Yeah what’s the big deal about having a gun pointed at you and someone taking your car….

Wow dude
ok, I'm going to walk back my statement, agreed was insensitive and probably would have me experiencing PTSD for the rest of my life

I just think that people who fight with a criminal over their wallet/watch/car are risking their life over something that is just a thing
I would have no issue giving them my cherry 10yr old prius
slack