Author Topic: JAXX - On The Market? (article from S'Field Connection  (Read 4997 times)

TheREALHunter

Re: JAXX - On The Market? (article from S'Field Connection
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2008, 12:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by Lambofgodfan:

Originally posted by sweetcell:
  metal is, for the most part, stuck in the 90's.  should we really expect otherwise from associated websites?
Wow metal is stuck in the 90s? Do you live under a rock? Grunge actually killed metal in the early 90s and besides pantera and the metallica(selling out) metal was dead you couldnt even get a metal record in your local record store. Metal definetly is not at the same place it was in the 80s but now there are quite a handful of really good metal bands that can sell out practically any club on any day and for some arena. Modern rock is the one that has gone to shit since 2000 really. It's all love songs and shit on the radio and a lot of your mainstream rock bands havent even played a show before their first album. Just cause it's a genre that has a lot of bands touch a whole bunch of issues that your little bands wouldnt have the balls to you shouldnt use it as a scapegoat on this forum. Your lucky if your drummer has half the talent as some metal drummers.This why I use this forum a lot to get good laughs from shitheads like you. [/b]
Don't champion yourself as some keeper of the flame for metal when it's to promote shit bands like Lamb of God.  Locals who call themselves metal fans but never bothered to see bands like Deceased play are the problem not fans of other genres who were never involved in the first place.

TheREALHunter

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2008, 12:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by biga0u812:
  ^^^ Some of the best love songs are from the 80s hair metal (Poison, Warrant, WhiteSnake, Motley Crue, Ratt, and even Ozzy was hair metal for a few years) which is pretty stuff on the radio.  
Don't forget the Scorpions...still lovin you baby WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! haha

TheREALHunter

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 12:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by -kat-:
  I'm sure bands like White Zombie and Sepultura (sp) would be interested to hear metal was dead when grunge came out.

White Zombie with their lip-synch play to DAT tapes live techno bullshit did more to kill real metal than Nirvana ever did.  Sepultura starting out as third-rate Slayer wannabees and then later on wanting to ape Korn's sound wasn't much better.

manimtired

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 12:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by TheREALHunter:

I'm sure bands like White Zombie and Sepultura (sp) would be interested to hear metal was dead when grunge came out.

White Zombie with their lip-synch play to DAT tapes live techno bullshit did more to kill real metal than Nirvana ever did.  Sepultura starting out as third-rate Slayer wannabees and then later on wanting to ape Korn's sound wasn't much better. [/b]
Roots is an awesome album.

TheREALHunter

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2008, 12:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by manimtired:

Originally posted by TheREALHunter:

White Zombie with their lip-synch play to DAT tapes live techno bullshit did more to kill real metal than Nirvana ever did.  Sepultura starting out as third-rate Slayer wannabees and then later on wanting to ape Korn's sound wasn't much better. [/b]
Roots is an awesome album. [/b]
I couldn't disagree with you more but if listening to it gets you through your day then more power to you  :)

azaghal1981

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2008, 04:37:00 pm »
Did I just read this post on this board? Really?

Originally posted by biga0u812:
  ^^^ Some of the best love songs are from the 80s hair metal (Poison, Warrant, WhiteSnake, Motley Crue, Ratt, and even Ozzy was hair metal for a few years) which is pretty stuff on the radio. Dont get me wrong there is alot of metal on mtv and sometimes on the radio, but the underground metal scene is totally diffrent. You have hundreds of metal festivals all over the such as Wacken Open Air, Graspop, Maryland Deathfest,The Leeds and Reading Festivals, and more. The thing is they are all overshadowed by Ozzfest (Basically a Mainstream Metal Tour) here in america.

probaly didnt make much sense but watever.
احمد

Lambofgodfan

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2008, 06:48:00 pm »
Wow this these people on the forum are hilarious. I never said metal is big. Actually thats the complete opposite of what I'm saying. What is this a republican debate? And I know a lot of my shit on metal. So dont assume shit. Ive seen Napalm Death, Megadeth, In Flames, Heaven and Hell and many other old school metal acts play. And I never heard of the deceased but I doubt they have had much of an impact on metal. And to that lady Kat who said she helped make Lamb of God big more power to you. Landing them on some little headbangers ball tour and 2 a.m rotation on mtv2 is quite a success. Lamb of god is big because they are on countless covers of magazines. Their drummers been on the cover of modern drummer. Their guitar players been on the cover of many guitar magazines. That shows how appreciated they are as musicians. I'm sure you guys dont know this becuase none of you actually know how to play an instrument. They are successful because they've done countless touring and worked their asses off making albums. So dont downgrade the bands success to you. And I have no fucking clue what these other posers are talking about its not even worth an arguement. And its really making me laugh that everyone assumes this talk is about lamb of god just because they are in my name. Running out of ideas? I dont hate fm radio, I just dont want my music prefencences be from something that controls what I listen to. I prefer metal is what comes down to. So yea you guys can go listen to your emo love songs in your corner.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2008, 08:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by Lambofgodfan:
 I'm sure you guys dont know this becuase none of you actually know how to play an instrument.
the word of the day is FAIL.

there are a lot of people who play instruments on this bboard.  have you really been a member here since 2005?

way to look stupid, stupid.  you like metal - great for you, rock on.  some people don't and will say as much - ignore'em or get over'em, will ya?  is this the first time you've encountered opposition to your tastes?  sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers.
<sig>

Lambofgodfan

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2008, 08:20:00 pm »
way to look stupid? wtf are you talking about I am the one that keeps getting stereotyped. I like other music besides metal too. But it pisses me off when I see some dumbass comments on this forum.

Lambofgodfan

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2008, 08:24:00 pm »
Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers? Nice saying old man.

snailhook

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2008, 08:37:00 pm »
all i'm gonna say is:

there's lots of great metal around right now, though maybe not quite the amount there was as its peak in the late '80s. as for what is called "indie rock" these days, i reckon that's a dying dog on its last broken leg. but just like any genre -- including indie rock -- the best stuff resides in the underground. always has, always will.

being a metal fan, i don't have much love for jaxx, though they will book bands nobody else will. i just despise the location of the place and how it is operated.

lambofgodfan, do yourself a favor and check out the mighty deceased. in the late '80s/early '90s, their brand of thrash/death metal was unparalleled. king fowley used to drum and sing at the same time, but now he just sings, and he is one of the best metal frontmen out there. deceased are from northern virginia and are still kicking it, and i hope to book them at the velvet lounge soon. see them if you get the chance. they also have numerous records on relapse if you wanna buy something.

azaghal1981

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2008, 10:19:00 pm »
Snailhook, have you gotten your hands on the new Boris yet? Promo copies have supposedly been sent out. Curious to hear how it is; the one or two new tracks they played here last year were great.
احمد

biga0u812

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2008, 12:02:00 pm »
Man fuck it lets just end this convo on here, nobody is gonna be happy either way. Every metal head on this board just go pop in Death's Leporsy and enjoy your day.

snailhook

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2008, 01:44:00 pm »
Every metal head on this board just go pop in Death's Leporsy and enjoy your day.[/b]
can't argue with that.

azaghal1981

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2008, 03:04:00 pm »
I just put on the newly remastered version of Burning Witch's Crippled Lucifer and it's as gloriously punishing as I dreamed it would be.
احمد