Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10053707 times)

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #46140 on: September 10, 2019, 09:09:38 am »
Dexy’s Midnight Runners
City Winery
3-1-20

Wow

Are they touring on that song?
come on...remember they did  "Jackie Wilson Said (I'm in Heaven When You Smile)" on the Young Ones!
And you didn't love their 2016 Opus Let the Record Show: Dexys Do Irish and Country Soul
show will be an instant sell out and they'll have to move it to the anthem
slack

hutch

« Reply #46141 on: September 10, 2019, 09:25:03 am »
They have quite a few great tunes!

These kind of small shows are the best

I am somewhat interested

« Reply #46142 on: September 10, 2019, 09:30:19 am »
I am somewhat interested
that venue is weird...similar to the Hamilton, but no dance floor in front
smaller tho
seated tables and then standing room for the GA tix in the back.  was hard to get a good site line if you weren't first in the GA section
Sound was not terrible for the Perry show...but the band was kinda terrible, so it was hard to judge
slack

Yada

« Reply #46143 on: September 10, 2019, 09:34:38 am »
I am somewhat interested
smaller tho
seated tables and then standing room for the GA tix in the back.  was hard to get a good site line if you weren't first in the GA section
Sound was not terrible for the Perry show...but the band was kinda terrible, so it was hard to judge

terrible booking for Perry Farrell to even play there. It's a great place for the right show... If you go there wanting to do the cargo shorts pear shaped wiggle, it's not the right venue. If you go there expecting to sit in your eat and enjoy and enjoy a whiskey, it's awesome.

« Reply #46144 on: September 10, 2019, 10:08:21 am »
they do have some interesting shows coming up...must be hurting the Birchmere's bottom line
I do see some shows have limited seating/dance floor

The Supersuckers
Lloyd Cole
Rhett Miller
Bob Mould (this doesn't sound like the right venue)
Shonen Knife (again...doesn't sound like the right venue)
Mason Jennings
Paula Cole  (she should tour with Lloyd...)
Taylor Hicks --- bordie fave!
Dale Watson & His Lone Stars 
Bob Schneider (w/ Band)
Booker T Jones
The Flamin’ Groovies
Marshall Crenshaw
los lobos
New Bomb Turks (again odd venue)
Midge Ure

and I wore jean shorts buddy...more of a european pear
slack

Vas Deferens

« Reply #46145 on: September 10, 2019, 10:13:54 am »
Shonen Knife is upstairs at the wine garden so it's at least GA standing in front.  But yeah, they're more appropriate at the Black Cat.

ADD: The Dodos to this list...

they do have some interesting shows coming up...must be hurting the Birchmere's bottom line
I do see some shows have limited seating/dance floor

The Supersuckers
Lloyd Cole
Rhett Miller
Bob Mould (this doesn't sound like the right venue)
Shonen Knife (again...doesn't sound like the right venue)
Mason Jennings
Paula Cole  (she should tour with Lloyd...)
Taylor Hicks --- bordie fave!
Dale Watson & His Lone Stars 
Bob Schneider (w/ Band)
Booker T Jones
The Flamin’ Groovies
Marshall Crenshaw
los lobos
New Bomb Turks (again odd venue)
Midge Ure

and I wore jean shorts buddy...more of a european pear
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 10:18:29 am by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

WALKonBack

« Reply #46146 on: September 10, 2019, 11:01:57 am »
I am somewhat interested
smaller tho

terrible booking for Perry Farrell to even play there. It's a great place for the right show... If you go there wanting to do the cargo shorts pear shaped wiggle, it's not the right venue. If you go there expecting to sit in your eat and enjoy and enjoy a whiskey, it's awesome.

I will have you know, that I wear cargo shorts all the time, and I'm thin and petite!

Space Freely

« Reply #46147 on: September 10, 2019, 11:10:42 am »
I am somewhat interested
smaller tho

I've only been to City Winery once (in NYC, my wife's friend was the executive chef, and treated us to an awesome meal!),  but wouldn't ordering a whiskey at City Winery would be like ordering Chardonnay at Churchkey?

Yada

« Reply #46148 on: September 10, 2019, 11:27:55 am »
I am somewhat interested
smaller tho

I've only been to City Winery once (in NYC, my wife's friend was the executive chef, and treated us to an awesome meal!),  but wouldn't ordering a whiskey at City Winery would be like ordering Chardonnay at Churchkey?

No. Church Key carries great beer from multiple breweries, City Winery has shitty over priced house red.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #46149 on: September 10, 2019, 12:05:51 pm »
Jason Isbell (solo)
Harrisburg University/Forum Auditorium (which is now as close to where I live as is the Anthem)
Friday 12/20
Tix on sale Friday.
https://concertseries.harrisburgu.edu/HUConcertSeries.com

RustyOrgan

« Reply #46150 on: September 10, 2019, 12:21:26 pm »
Time to move buddy!

Jason Isbell (solo)
Harrisburg University/Forum Auditorium (which is now as close to where I live as is the Anthem)
Friday 12/20
Tix on sale Friday.
https://concertseries.harrisburgu.edu/HUConcertSeries.com

« Reply #46151 on: September 10, 2019, 12:28:22 pm »
Time to move buddy!

Jason Isbell (solo)
couldn't agree more...when cockeysville is your closest hip spot, you are in trouble
slack

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #46152 on: September 10, 2019, 12:59:57 pm »
Mates of State
Fri 9/20
RNR Hotel

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #46153 on: September 10, 2019, 01:11:51 pm »
Green Day/Weezer/Fallout Boy
08-21 Washington, DC - Nationals Park

EDIT: Weezer also released the lead single for their next album, called something or other [who cares?], that drops May 15th, 2020. Announcing a record release over 8 months away? This seems really bizarre especially with a music industry that has went to such short release cycles. Why do this?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 01:36:39 pm by Julian, Adroit TASTEMAKER »
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #46154 on: September 10, 2019, 01:32:13 pm »
I am somewhat interested
smaller tho

No. Church Key carries great beer from multiple breweries, City Winery has shitty over priced house red.

wow, looks like you're right. Didn't realize that. It was many years ago...much easier to be uncritical when all the food and wine is free plus tip.