Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 2120581 times)

hutch

Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #6510 on: January 13, 2017, 10:17:09 pm »
The Family- The Family

fascinating listening to Nothin Compares 2 U.... there was a great song there to be covered but Sinead got to it first...  the changes she made to it along with getting rid of the sax solo really took the song up a few notches...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 10:32:41 pm by hutch »

hutch

« Reply #6511 on: January 14, 2017, 05:10:14 pm »
Luna- Romantica/Rendezvous

I happen to really like Luna's final two albums....they are criminally underrated...anyways I couldn't help ordering signed copies of their final LPs via pledgemusic but it really was a bit pointless as I already had a bunch of their stuff signed...just wanted to support them..

hutch

« Reply #6512 on: January 16, 2017, 03:01:52 pm »

^again..this time really cranked up.. what a great record...

walkie,talkie

« Reply #6513 on: January 16, 2017, 03:22:19 pm »
I am a fan of The Great Rock and Roll Swindle as well.

hutch

« Reply #6514 on: January 16, 2017, 04:37:01 pm »

so I was reading in both Peter Hook and Bernard Sumner's autobiographies about how they came to NYC to record what turned out to be Confusion with Arthur Baker and they both talk about the act Arthur Baker was recording before them ....so of course when I saw it I had to get it....notice Jellybean of Madonna fame working under Arthur Baker...Bernard in particular seems pretty fond of the song so I thought I would check it out.... the production similarities between it and say Confusion or Shellshock are very noticeable...

gavroche

« Reply #6515 on: January 16, 2017, 06:38:43 pm »
The Family- The Family

fascinating listening to Nothin Compares 2 U.... there was a great song there to be covered but Sinead got to it first...  the changes she made to it along with getting rid of the sax solo really took the song up a few notches...

I've always wanted this one.

dyecraig

« Reply #6516 on: January 16, 2017, 09:20:10 pm »
pink floyd - the early years (67-72) 2 cd highlights
did not spring for the 27 disc set.

hutch

« Reply #6517 on: January 16, 2017, 11:52:37 pm »
The Family- The Family

I've always wanted this one.

its a strange bird.. many record stores don't realize its a prince record so i've found copies fairly cheap........its very much a prince record though.... the lead singer dude was obviously played prince singing the songs the way prince does cause he sounds like he is pretending to be prince....i also like hearing susan melvoin singing on it.. i think my favorite prince unofficial records are probably vanity 6, the first The Time record, and the jill jones (she sings a line on 1999)

the madhouse stuff is hard to find but its not that great..

walkie,talkie

« Reply #6518 on: January 17, 2017, 01:44:37 pm »
new The Flaming Lips

its so weird and mellow yellow like floating on a cloud of not wanting to be too crazy

I think about my birthday show coming up at the club almost everyday . . . and of meeting the mighty Julian.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 01:46:53 pm by walkie,talkie »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6519 on: January 17, 2017, 01:51:18 pm »
and of meeting the mighty Julian.
Coincidentally, that experience has also been described as "so weird and mellow yellow like floating on a cloud of not wanting to be too crazy."
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6520 on: January 17, 2017, 04:52:50 pm »
Meeting me is nothing like that.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6521 on: January 17, 2017, 05:07:25 pm »
Coincidentally, that experience has also been described as "so weird and mellow yellow like floating on a cloud of not wanting to be too crazy."

i can confirm this.
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6522 on: January 17, 2017, 05:51:52 pm »

i can confirm this.

LVMH

hutch

« Reply #6523 on: January 17, 2017, 06:19:59 pm »
i've been listening to the White Album.. I"m now turning it over and playing side 4.... quite a double album...

the copy I a listening to is No. 2613347

Only one of its  kind! Highly collectible!!!

I'll take offers on it.. comes with the poster with pictures on one side and lyrics on the other.....very nice copy.. some ringwear to cover.. no pictures..

walkie,talkie

« Reply #6524 on: January 17, 2017, 06:46:04 pm »
Meeting me is nothing like that.

When . . . can we meet?