Author Topic: SHOOTING  (Read 6460 times)

Bags

Re: SHOOTING
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2005, 12:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:
  from all my past gun control research, one of the biggest things that stood out is the overwhelming percentage of murders that are committed by people who either know each other or have a previous conflict ... the whole random shoot-you-on-the-street-because-you-didn't-give-me-your-wallet deal really rarely happens
I know many shootings are between acquantances, but innocent and unrelated bystanders get caught up in that, especially when it's happening at a club rather than a household.  Also, at least for the Columbia Heights issue I mentioned, there is real anger bubbling up over residents being pushed out of homes and neighborhoods they and their families have lived in for years.  There is anger and it is coming out in violent ways.  I might be averse to sending my 14 year old out into that environment.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2005, 12:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
 I know many shootings are between acquantances, but innocent and unrelated bystanders get caught up in that, especially when it's happening at a club rather than a household.  Also, at least for the Columbia Heights issue I mentioned, there is real anger bubbling up over residents being pushed out of homes and neighborhoods they and their families have lived in for years.  There is anger and it is coming out in violent ways.  I might be averse to sending my 14 year old out into that environment.
hey, to each to his own ... but do you really think that recent violence in shaw/columbia heights (i don't have the stats, but i'd be willing to wager it's considerably less than it was 5-10 yrs ago) is anti-gentrification fueled?  it's not like we're seeing yuppies shot on the street for invading their neighborhood, it seems like most of the violence is the same old "you looked at my girl the wrong way" or "you sold me two rocks when i was supposed to get three"
(o|o)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2024, 02:58:42 pm »
Mass shooting at a Krokus Piknik concert at Crocus City Hall in Moscow
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 03:25:44 pm by grateful »

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2024, 03:31:14 pm »
yikes this sound horrible - anthem sized venue
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mass-shooting-music-venue-crocus-city-hall-moscow-picnic-concert/
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2024, 04:47:37 pm »
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mass-shooting-music-venue-crocus-city-hall-moscow-picnic-concert/
If it’s a non IMP quality soundsystem, isn’t bloody death desirable?
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2024, 05:15:29 pm »
If it’s a non IMP quality soundsystem, isn’t bloody death desirable?

I have heard that the sound at the Sphere will ruin you for even the best in-line PA at the most premium venues.

hutch

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2024, 07:18:03 pm »
Islamic State apparently

The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

nkotb

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2024, 08:03:53 pm »
That's psychotic!

Islamic State apparently

The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

hutch

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2024, 08:35:14 pm »
Hey, it’s a question….

I note Russia was our friend in WWII because they were Germany’s enemy. The minute Germany was defeated they became our sworn enemy for the next half century!

hutch

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2024, 10:18:35 am »
Wow. 133 dead so far.

Apparently the ISIS Afghanistan arm.

Ukraine blames Russia and Russia blames Ukraine.

notme

« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2024, 07:02:56 pm »
i thought trump defeated isis

hutch

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2024, 07:26:59 pm »
i thought trump defeated isis

No that was Russia.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2024, 02:35:02 pm »
Ukraine blames Russia and Russia blames Ukraine.

some context:

ruzzia tried its hardest to blame Ukraine.  after initially stating "Kyiv did it!!!111", that narrative fell apart: ISIS-K claimed responsibility, uploaded go-pro vids, and made it impossible to deny that they did it.  so then the kremlin changed their story: Ukraine didn't do it but "gave support".  ruzzia claimed that the suspects were trying to escape to Ukraine and that a "window" has been opened on the UA-RU border to let them through, so clearly UA is guilty!  except that 1) the suspect were caught on the road to Belarus, not Ukraine, and 2) the UA-RU border is impossible to cross: you'll hit several checkpoint on the russian side before you get to the border, zero chance a civilan car can just drive through.  the border is also heavily mined, no vehicles can pass.

Ukraine "blamed" ruzzia in as much as they've said they weren't responsible/involved, and put forth the idea that it was a false flag operation by the russian security service (FSB).  there are a lot of details that make a false flag operation a possible if not likely explanation, chief among them: numerous 911 calls were made but it took almost an hour and a half for authorities to show up - despite having a large base of the national guard (including rapid response forces) located just 5 minutes away.  the only logical explanation is that they were told not to respond immediately, because the kremlin wanted a massacre - it would help with the upcoming mobilization and justify additional violence (moscow has a history of doing this - 1999 apartment bombings, 2002 theater hostage crisis, etc.)

after being caught, the suspects were tortured by ruzzian police.  one suspect had his ear cut off and stuffed in his mouth.  another has electrodes attached to his testicles and shocks applied during interrogation.  how do we know this?  the ruzzians released videos of them doing this... savages.  the electrocuted-balls suspect was later carted into the courtroom unconscious - yet he somehow plead guilty.  all 4 suspects showed signs of beating and torture.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2024, 02:41:21 pm »
Propaganda

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2024, 03:07:29 pm »
Propaganda

yeah?  what part?  i'm happy to provide links to any definitive statements i've made.
<sig>