Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 401316 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #3360 on: September 02, 2021, 02:29:33 pm »
"Effective Sept. 7, King County has issued a new mask requirement for outdoor events with more than 500 people. This will apply to large outdoor school district events like football."

(and concerts)

king county (pop. 2.3M) includes seattle and all its mainland suburbs, and casa chez sweetcell.  covid cases are currently higher right now then they were at the january peak. 

the way things are looking here now, i wouldn't bet any money on schools remaining open through the fall.
<sig>

« Reply #3361 on: September 02, 2021, 02:33:46 pm »
way to be a debbie downer...jez that sucks

Just saw Arlington Schools isn't enforcing that all kids need the jab, but if you want to play sports you do
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #3362 on: September 02, 2021, 02:42:48 pm »
"Effective Sept. 7, King County has issued a new mask requirement for outdoor events with more than 500 people. This will apply to large outdoor school district events like football."

(and concerts)

king county (pop. 2.3M) includes seattle and all its mainland suburbs, and casa chez sweetcell.  covid cases are currently higher right now then they were at the january peak. 

the way things are looking here now, i wouldn't bet any money on schools remaining open through the fall.

People will riot.

« Reply #3363 on: September 02, 2021, 02:55:17 pm »
People will riot.
well only parents...right
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3365 on: September 02, 2021, 03:00:07 pm »
People will riot.

maybe in the eastern more redneck-y part of the state (spokane, etc.) but here they won't.  every parent i've spoken with (admittedly not a representative sample) is very nervous about sending their kids to school and despite the school board's best efforts, it just isn't working.  my kiddos are having lunch in the gym with hundreds of other maskless kids all seated together at long tables (they have to ear masks the rest of the time while indoors).  it's one of many daily opportunities to spread the virus.  IMO it's just a matter of time before the first cases show up.

they've already closed down schools in texas, florida, and many other (mostly southern) states.  no signs of rioting there - you think hippie pacific northwesterners are going to act up?  or that there will be a popular uprising in NoVa?
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #3366 on: September 02, 2021, 03:07:12 pm »
Just got letter over email from my younger kids school principal here in Arlington

A kid in K and another in 4th grade have tested positive

My kid is in the 4th grade

And no it’s not my kid…

Space Freely

« Reply #3367 on: September 02, 2021, 03:15:22 pm »
Just got letter over email from my younger kids school principal here in Arlington

A kid in K and another in 4th grade have tested positive

My kid is in the 4th grade

And no it’s not my kid…

We've gotten those emails multiple days. With a high school population of 2500, that's to be expected. Though it's mostly elementary kids at this point, but the looks of the dashboard.

https://www.fcps.edu/return-school/fcps-confirmed-covid-19-case-reporting

Space Freely

« Reply #3368 on: September 02, 2021, 04:13:27 pm »
I really doubt 80% of current deaths are Republicans….but I bet 100% are Americans

As a former math teacher, it's my duty to remind you that a 5:1 death ratio would mean 83.4% of deaths would be Republicans, not 80%. Anyway, I'm pretty certain Neil's numbers are hogwash.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3369 on: September 03, 2021, 12:17:12 pm »
People will riot.

maybe in the eastern more redneck-y part of the state (spokane, etc.) but here they won't. 

and of course folks in the South have to do things crazy style:

A school ordered a student to quarantine. His dad and 2 men confronted the principal with zip ties, official says.

so how much longer before a school official is kidnapped and/or killed by an insane parent?
<sig>

« Reply #3370 on: September 03, 2021, 12:24:37 pm »

so how much longer before a school official is kidnapped and/or killed by an insane parent?
not long sadly
If I see another school board meeting where a parent yells at them for being under demonic possession and being brainwashed I'm going to lose it ...oh wait three more just showed up in my twitter feed

What scares me is all the Q-nut-jobs all are going to be running for school board and the ones who know what they are doing and have been doing it for years are just going to say 'hell no, take this job that sucks anyway' next thing you know they are going to do virginity checks in the Dr's office and praying in class in lieu of the pledge
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 12:27:05 pm by Hatch-atar ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

vansmack

« Reply #3371 on: September 03, 2021, 02:03:01 pm »
What scares me is all the Q-nut-jobs all are going to be running for school board and the ones who know what they are doing and have been doing it for years are just going to say 'hell no, take this job that sucks anyway' next thing you know they are going to do virginity checks in the Dr's office and praying in class in lieu of the pledge

Cut back on your Handmaid's Tale intake....
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3372 on: September 03, 2021, 04:20:26 pm »
jeebus on a pogo stick... heads-up, walkies:

Get the vaccine or get fired? In Shenandoah Valley, some nurses choose termination.

"“We are not ‘anti-vax,’ ” said Brittany Watson, a behavioral health nurse at the Winchester hospital, who started a group called the Valley Health Workers Association to rally others opposed to the vaccine mandate. “We’ve done all the vaccines that you get when you grow up — but those have been around for decades. But this one, there’s so much propaganda around it. It doesn’t make any sense.”

Her girlfriend, Katie Hart, a certified family nurse practitioner at Valley Health’s urgent care facility in Martinsburg, W.Va, said they might be more willing to consider the shot if they didn’t feel coerced.

Now, though, they were willing to lose their livelihoods if that’s what refusing the vaccine would mean. Hart said they would not budge. “This is the hill to die on,” she said."

who are all these oppositional-defiant toddlers?!?  they'd "consider the shot if they didn’t feel coerced"??  MAH FREEEDUMBZ!!!  i'd consider wearing a seat belt if i didn't feel coerced?  i'd consider putting on clothes in public if i didn't feel coerced?  i'd consider not killing everyone if i didn't feel coerced? 

this addiction to absolute freedom is way out of hand:
A hospital refused to give ivermectin to a covid patient. Then a judge ordered doctors to administer it.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3373 on: September 03, 2021, 04:24:51 pm »
Here’s what we know about the mu variant

About 2,000 mu cases have been identified in the United States, so far
Most cases have been recorded in California, Florida, Texas and New York among others.
the delta variant remains the cause of over 99 percent of cases in the country.

It’s unclear how much protection the vaccines offer against this variant. “The Mu variant has a constellation of mutations that indicate potential properties of immune escape,” the WHO said in a statement Tuesday, raising concerns that it may be more resistant to coronavirus vaccines than other variants. “But this needs to be confirmed by further studies,” it added.

current evidence showed that it was likely “more transmissible” than the original coronavirus strain.

have a great long weekend folks!
<sig>

« Reply #3374 on: September 03, 2021, 04:26:26 pm »
can you at least post something with a moose swimming to at least send this labor day weekend off on a happy note...
slack