Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 400632 times)

vansmack

Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #3480 on: September 27, 2021, 07:08:42 pm »
5 days a week with work from home days rarely granted. Remote work was severely curtailed and repeatedly denied.

I see.  The good news is it's a job seekers market and plenty of opportunities out there as we come out of the pandemic....
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #3481 on: September 27, 2021, 07:33:58 pm »
My partner in life recently had a dr's appointment for a very specific issue and the entire appointment, the dr. who is highly recommended and one of the best in the business around their specialty complained to my partner (the patient) the entire appoinment that she was mandated to get the vaccine if she wanted to continue performing surgeries. She stated multiple times in the appointment that she felt the vaccine isn't necessary... I couldn't believe it.

Between your wife's doctor and your vet, I. Don't think you're getting very good recommendations

lily1

« Reply #3482 on: September 27, 2021, 09:19:27 pm »
5 days a week with work from home days rarely granted. Remote work was severely curtailed and repeatedly denied.

I see.  The good news is it's a job seekers market and plenty of opportunities out there as we come out of the pandemic....

Oh they definitely lost people which is why I think they dialed back the 4 days a week set schedule in July to 3 days a week of your choosing for in office recently. Plus it seems most organizations are doing a 2 or 3 day a week in office so we were not even aligning to the norm.

If DC ever allows for organizations to mandate vaccinations, I'll be curious to see if we do it. I personally didn't want to disclose if I had been vaccinated but my second shot was scheduled the second day of starting there so I kinda felt that I had to give a solid reason why I was disappearing for a couple hours in the afternoon being so new.

« Reply #3483 on: September 27, 2021, 10:04:56 pm »
Between your wife's doctor and your vet, I. Don't think you're getting very good recommendations
I really hate to agree with space, for purely puerile reasons, but I do think he's got a point
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #3484 on: September 28, 2021, 07:58:40 am »

Oh they definitely lost people which is why I think they dialed back the 4 days a week set schedule in July to 3 days a week of your choosing for in office recently. Plus it seems most organizations are doing a 2 or 3 day a week in office so we were not even aligning to the norm.

If DC ever allows for organizations to mandate vaccinations, I'll be curious to see if we do it. I personally didn't want to disclose if I had been vaccinated but my second shot was scheduled the second day of starting there so I kinda felt that I had to give a solid reason why I was disappearing for a couple hours in the afternoon being so new.

Why didn't you want to disclose that you had been vaccinated?

Yada

« Reply #3485 on: September 28, 2021, 09:34:27 am »
My partner in life recently had a dr's appointment for a very specific issue and the entire appointment, the dr. who is highly recommended and one of the best in the business around their specialty complained to my partner (the patient) the entire appoinment that she was mandated to get the vaccine if she wanted to continue performing surgeries. She stated multiple times in the appointment that she felt the vaccine isn't necessary... I couldn't believe it.

Well, the vet is the same company we went to for over a decade and they provided perfect care until the fuck up...

The partner's recommendation came directly from her GP and other than her vaccine slant, she's the best in her specialty. Who do you recommend Dr. Space?

Space Freely

« Reply #3486 on: September 28, 2021, 09:52:38 am »

Well, the vet is the same company we went to for over a decade and they provided perfect care until the fuck up...

The partner's recommendation came directly from her GP and other than her vaccine slant, she's the best in her specialty. Who do you recommend Dr. Space?

I'm basically satisfied with our vet and my doctor, but not satisfied enough to recommend them over anybody else. Our vet seems to want to extract all kinds of unnecessary services from us, but I usually turn them down. I'm not someone who is going to spend thousands of dollars on my pet's health. Thankfully our doodle has good genes, a good diet and exercise, and still going strong at 13+.

I don't really have an opinion on my kid's doctor (we left the one who insisted our then toddler needed to eat more veal) or dentist. And my wife refuses to ever go the doctor since she's not sick.

We were happy with our kid's orthodonist (NoVA) and I've been happy with my dentist (DC) of the past 15+ years, so I'd be happy to share those with anybody in need.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3487 on: September 28, 2021, 10:02:15 am »
Look, have you guys as a family considered flipping the doctor and the vet? Gotta crosstrain to create some muscle confusion.
LVMH

lily1

« Reply #3488 on: September 28, 2021, 10:14:41 am »

Why didn't you want to disclose that you had been vaccinated?

It's not public information and no one's business. I didn't tell the office that I was up to date on all my other vaccinations and that I fully support vaccinations overall. It has nothing to do with my skillset.

I recognize these are new waters for society so I do actively comply with my company's request.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3489 on: September 28, 2021, 12:42:21 pm »
When I got Covid in 2020 and spent weeks in the hospital, it was harrowing. But it was nothing compared to what my family is dealing with now—also as a result of Covid.

This is a Covid horror story in which no one actually gets Covid, and it could still happen to anyone

https://twitter.com/summerbrennan/status/1442806675325476867

« Reply #3490 on: September 28, 2021, 01:14:46 pm »
When I got Covid in 2020 and spent weeks in the hospital, it was harrowing.
I was very thrown off here for a second. Let me teach you about this invention we have: quotation marks.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3491 on: September 28, 2021, 01:21:02 pm »
When I got Covid in 2020 and spent weeks in the hospital, it was harrowing.
I was very thrown off here for a second. Let me teach you about this invention we have: quotation marks.

I debated putting this in the "Twitter" thread...I'm just hoping this doesn't turn into a "kosmo-level" "debacle".

vansmack

« Reply #3492 on: September 28, 2021, 01:21:52 pm »
This is a Covid horror story in which no one actually gets Covid, and it could still happen to anyone

This is almost the exact story of my wife's grandmother, who passed away last month, except replace New Mexico with Florida.  A trip to the ER from a nursing home (where she already had contracted Covid in March), staying the first two nights in the hallway because all of the beds were full, contracting pneumonia, then deciding on her own (and with the advice of doctors) to head to hospice for peace and quiet instead of dying in the ER.  She passed away about 3 days later - at least she had family around her in hospice instead of alone in the ER.

Imagine being in your mid-nineties, getting and beating Covid and dying months later of pneumonia contracted for a completely unrelated trip to the ER, because of Covid.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #3493 on: September 28, 2021, 01:26:38 pm »
It's not public information and no one's business. I didn't tell the office that I was up to date on all my other vaccinations and that I fully support vaccinations overall. It has nothing to do with my skillset.

You might want to rethink if you decide 4 days in the office is too many:

Vaccination Status Is the New Must-Have on Your Resume
27>34

« Reply #3494 on: September 28, 2021, 01:27:58 pm »
I'm very biased on this topic as I have a financial incentivization to be so but all these stories highlight a problem that pre-dates COVID and will exist long after COVID is "over": an American healthcare system that is wildly dependent on facility stays and that make hospital case managers and discharge planners czars over client's care options. People should stop the handwringing about bed counts at hospitals and SNFs and start asking why we think so many people need have 3, 4, or 5 day stays in these facilities for relatively minor issues when skilled home health services exist, have better outcomes, and are cheaper for insurance programs.

Obviously hospitals and SNFs need to exist for our truly sickest and frailest in the most acute of situations but some random old dude breaking his foot and needing PT and ortho care had little business being in the hospital for more than 12 hours aside from "the hospital stops making fucking money the second they discharge him."
LVMH