Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 400655 times)

Space Freely

Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #4200 on: October 06, 2023, 09:23:41 am »
So your position is that airlines, hospitals, music venues, etc should not have forced employees to get vaccinated? You believe that’s fucked up.

Space, give it a rest. You are making an ass of yourself.

Airlines, no. Music venues, no. Hospitals...it depends on the patient population you come in contact with. Government offices where everyone is 100% remote, no.

hutch

« Reply #4201 on: October 06, 2023, 09:25:14 am »
Just the way you frame that “make decisions regarding their health” shows how deluded you are….it’s really batshit MAGA … I mean it’s about public health.. that’s the point

Interest level in discussing this with a troll or complete imbecile: zero

Over and out

Space Freely

« Reply #4202 on: October 06, 2023, 09:42:09 am »
Just the way you frame that “make decisions regarding their health” shows how deluded you are….it’s really batshit MAGA … I mean it’s about public health.. that’s the point

Interest level in discussing this with a troll or complete imbecile: zero

Over and out

Calling someone whose opinion you disagree with "MAGA"=tiresome, cliched, conformist, and lazy. Happy to not discuss this with you!

Yada

« Reply #4203 on: October 06, 2023, 09:47:28 am »
I miss you guys arguing about who should wear masks at open air fields.

Space Freely

« Reply #4204 on: October 06, 2023, 09:50:36 am »
I miss you guys arguing about who should wear masks at open air fields.
[/quote

Boy do I feel stupid for every arguing in favor of that. I guess in retrospect it was better to be safe than sorry.

bearman🐻

« Reply #4205 on: October 06, 2023, 09:58:02 am »
My point was that it's pretty fucked up for an employer to force employees to make specific choices regarding their health, at the risk of losing one's job.

Do you disagree with that?

When I was a kid, I remember trusting my pediatrician when he told me that I was required to be vaccinated against certain things to go back to school, and those were rules far above his or my head. And papers were necessary and needed to be given to the school nurse in order to be given the OK. The same applies when you're an adult. Responsibility doesn't change when you have to consider the wellbeing of others in your species. The difference now vs. being a kid is that if you don't like it, you can quit and get a new job. Probably in a state where life expectancies are starting to crater, lowering the overall life expectancy of the country. But hell, it's America. You can do whatever you want.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4206 on: October 06, 2023, 09:58:40 am »
My point was that it's pretty fucked up for an employer to force employees to make specific choices regarding their health, at the risk of losing one's job.

Yes, I disagree with that. Thanks for asking.
LVMH

nkotb

« Reply #4207 on: October 06, 2023, 10:05:01 am »
Its also really funny for folks to be in a tizzy about Space voicing concerns about employer-mandated health decision despite him GETTING VACCINATED AND SAYING HE WOULD'VE OF HIS OWN ACCORD, and not, I don't know, the systematic throwing-of-people-to-the-wolves that our entire political system engaged in.  If I had to guess, that might have caused a lot more death and misery than whether Space got vaccinated or not WHICH HE DID.

It's like being mad that someone uses plastic bags at the grocery store

« Reply #4208 on: October 06, 2023, 10:08:10 am »
Its also really funny for folks to be in a tizzy about Space voicing concerns about employer-mandated health decision despite him GETTING VACCINATED AND SAYING HE WOULD'VE OF HIS OWN ACCORD, and not, I don't know, the systematic throwing-of-people-to-the-wolves that our entire political system engaged in.  If I had to guess, that might have caused a lot more death and misery than whether Space got vaccinated or not WHICH HE DID.

It's like being mad that someone uses plastic bags at the grocery store
I, for one, enjoy throwing people to the wolves.
LVMH

nkotb

« Reply #4209 on: October 06, 2023, 10:16:14 am »
That's the right of any individual American citizen, but our political class shouldn't be making that decision for us

« Reply #4210 on: October 06, 2023, 10:20:09 am »
That's the right of any individual American citizen, but our political class shouldn't be making that decision for us

Sir, as a person who identifies as a political class, you have insulted me gravely.
LVMH

nkotb

« Reply #4211 on: October 06, 2023, 10:24:20 am »
I have you marked as the Elite class, which we all know are the real movers and shakers

« Reply #4212 on: October 06, 2023, 10:25:56 am »
I have you marked as the Elite class, which we all know are the real movers and shakers
Flattery will get you everywhere.
LVMH

nkotb

« Reply #4213 on: October 06, 2023, 10:40:18 am »
I know my betters

Space Freely

« Reply #4214 on: October 06, 2023, 11:14:22 am »

When I was a kid, I remember trusting my pediatrician when he told me that I was required to be vaccinated against certain things to go back to school, and those were rules far above his or my head. And papers were necessary and needed to be given to the school nurse in order to be given the OK. The same applies when you're an adult. Responsibility doesn't change when you have to consider the wellbeing of others in your species. The difference now vs. being a kid is that if you don't like it, you can quit and get a new job. Probably in a state where life expectancies are starting to crater, lowering the overall life expectancy of the country. But hell, it's America. You can do whatever you want.

Would you be ok with an employer requiring any employee who engages in anal sex to be on PREP before engaging in anal sex, at the risk of losing their job? After all, it is the responsible thing to do.