Author Topic: For All You Caps Fans  (Read 105978 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: For All You Caps Fans
« Reply #420 on: January 25, 2013, 02:51:58 pm »
"Right now this team is bringing Bruce Boudreau?s defense and Dale Hunter?s offense. "

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #421 on: January 25, 2013, 03:29:56 pm »
lol o god
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #422 on: January 25, 2013, 04:46:32 pm »
Don't panic.  There's plenty of time to right the ship when you're playing 48 games in 99 days.

I'm still shocked anybody would pay a dime to watch whatever is being called Hockey this season....
27>34

atomicfront

« Reply #423 on: January 25, 2013, 05:01:34 pm »
If only they had gotten Kuznetsov to come to the US this season.  After Kuznetsov and Filip Forsberg the farm is pretty dry.  This season might be a good season to tank and get a good pick. 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #424 on: January 28, 2013, 11:37:23 am »
Lol, they aren't going to tank this season. Sunday's game was a continuation of the good play from Friday night. Friday night Neuvy saved out ass and we couldn't pull the win out for him. We played pretty dominantly on Sunday and it would good to see that effort back from the team, just really strong on the forecheck and really smashing them in their own zone. Hopefully it's just a taste of things to come.
‼‼?‼‼

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #425 on: February 06, 2013, 02:46:40 pm »
Nice/depressing read into the locker room turmoil.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1512648-is-the-washington-capitals-clubhouse-culture-holding-the-team-back

I didn't like Ovi being named team captain when it happened and I still don't. I think they were 5 games without a Captain? I think they should have gone longer to see who stepped up. I think they went on a win streak after that, but it was a different team. I don't see the Caps turning this around and them turning into the Redskins just surrounded by drama and controversy that only hurts the actual sports product itself.
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #426 on: February 06, 2013, 02:59:24 pm »
Nice/depressing read into the locker room turmoil.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1512648-is-the-washington-capitals-clubhouse-culture-holding-the-team-back

I didn't like Ovi being named team captain when it happened and I still don't. I think they were 5 games without a Captain? I think they should have gone longer to see who stepped up. I think they went on a win streak after that, but it was a different team. I don't see the Caps turning this around and them turning into the Redskins just surrounded by drama and controversy that only hurts the actual sports product itself.

this article provides zero information.  It is just a summary of other articles that have been out a long time.  The team lacks talent at the forward position.  they went into the season a few years ago with no second line center and then they traded Flash. I think that was the downfall.  now semin is gone. BB is one of the best coaches in the NHL.  And he hid some of the capitals failings.  Getting Laich back will help as he is the only guy on the team that shows leadership. 

i think the steroids thing that came out and his suspensions for legal hits has destoyed whatever was in Ovechkin before his downward spirtal.  Truthfully, I haven't been able to watch many games the last couple of years as they are so boring.  Oh well Orioles and Ravens are doing awesome.  And the team should get a good pick.  Time to rebuild. 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #427 on: February 06, 2013, 03:17:09 pm »
I don't see the team changing much. I see a slow crumble into failure, or to stay at their current bottom of the NHL level, and slowly trading people away. 10 years of darkness to follow. Ovi NEEDS to change his game. He doesn't strike fear into anyone anymore because he has not adapted, he has not evolved. It's frustrating to watch the team at times. Last night they had spurts of good, hard working shifts and then something stupid would just deflate the team. I thought Oates was a Power Play wiz! Ugh.
‼‼?‼‼

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #428 on: February 06, 2013, 09:05:27 pm »
I don't see the team changing much. I see a slow crumble into failure, or to stay at their current bottom of the NHL level, and slowly trading people away. 10 years of darkness to follow. Ovi NEEDS to change his game. He doesn't strike fear into anyone anymore because he has not adapted, he has not evolved. It's frustrating to watch the team at times. Last night they had spurts of good, hard working shifts and then something stupid would just deflate the team. I thought Oates was a Power Play wiz! Ugh.

I mean, who's really surprised? This is the same shitbag owner who is too fucking cheap to change GMs after they end up hundreds of games under .500. When asked why he always hires first time coaches, gotta love Ted's answer: "Well, you'll have to ask George." It's because you're a cheap fucking asshole, Ted.

This team blows. It's softer than two-ply toilet paper. Defense still sucks, special teams is god awful. Ovie's career is in the toilet. Coaching is unproven.

Fuck you, Ted. Die in a botched carjacking.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #429 on: February 06, 2013, 09:06:21 pm »
I'm still shocked anybody would pay a dime to watch whatever is being called Hockey this season....

Completely agree.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #430 on: February 07, 2013, 10:25:42 am »
For the first time in years I heard a radio commercial today from the Washington Capitals encouraging people to buy tickets "before they run out!", watching the games on TV it does look like there are a good amount of empty seats as well. Hopefully them getting booed off the ice will shake something up in the management tree....
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #431 on: February 07, 2013, 10:42:05 am »
For the first time in years I heard a radio commercial today from the Washington Capitals encouraging people to buy tickets "before they run out!", watching the games on TV it does look like there are a good amount of empty seats as well. Hopefully them getting booed off the ice will shake something up in the management tree....

Actually I think 2 awful seasons will be good for the team.  Well for me.  Because I stopped going to games 3 years ago because of the ridiculous prices of tickets.  If I can pick up tickets cheap on stubhub I might go to games again.  And a couple of top draft picks along with that guy finally coming over from russia and we might have an exciting team again.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #432 on: February 07, 2013, 11:20:26 am »
I think the word is he wouldn't be coming over until 2014! I guess it might have been a waste for him to come this year with the lockout and all. Not to mention a quarter of the season already passing, 2 wins under their belt, and dead last in the league. Uy.

Prices on StubHub aren't that much cheaper... I guess it depends on the game, but chepeast I've seen is around $45 while through the team website I think they're about $47 for nose bleeds.
‼‼?‼‼

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #433 on: February 07, 2013, 11:58:45 am »
Oates will not survive this season.

They will never do it but #8 needs to lose the C.

atomicfront

« Reply #434 on: February 07, 2013, 12:19:47 pm »
Oates will not survive this season.

They will never do it but #8 needs to lose the C.

I don't see how you can fire 3 coaches within 100 games and not make yourself look like the problem.  If Oates goes Mcphee has to go with him.