Author Topic: For All You Caps Fans  (Read 105976 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: For All You Caps Fans
« Reply #435 on: February 07, 2013, 12:33:08 pm »
Oates will not survive this season.

They will never do it but #8 needs to lose the C.

I don't see how you can fire 3 coaches within 100 games and not make yourself look like the problem.  If Oates goes Mcphee has to go with him.
I agree that the org is the common denominator...but they didn't fire Hunter.  He wanted out.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #436 on: February 07, 2013, 12:39:14 pm »
they didn't fire Hunter.  He wanted out.

Why do you think he wanted out, other than its easier to own and run an OHL franchise? Hint: Read between the lines.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #437 on: February 07, 2013, 12:40:25 pm »
They will never do it but #8 needs to lose the C.

I think it's meaningless at this point, can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. He should have never been named captain in the first place.

chaz

« Reply #438 on: February 07, 2013, 12:51:08 pm »
they didn't fire Hunter.  He wanted out.

Why do you think he wanted out, other than its easier to own and run an OHL franchise? Hint: Read between the lines.
You don't even need to read between the lines...it's obvious why he would want to leave.  Just clarifying the statement that firing oates would mean 3 coaches fired in 100 games.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #439 on: February 07, 2013, 01:08:50 pm »
Lol, Ted gave Ernie a fucking extension and he's run the Wizards straight into the shitter. No way George gets the ax at this point. Maybe they'll consider the lockout shortended season and the new coach and call it a mulligan.
‼‼?‼‼

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #440 on: March 08, 2013, 11:50:17 am »
Anyone excited about the run the Caps are on? Or the realignment next year?

I was at the Bruins game on Tuesday, I thought the roof was going to blow off the Phone Booth. SO much fun! Looking at getting tickets for the Sabres game... Sunday night game?! I can handle that!
‼‼?‼‼

chaz

« Reply #441 on: March 08, 2013, 12:01:17 pm »

I was at the Bruins game on Tuesday, I thought the roof was going to blow off the Phone Booth. SO much fun! Looking at getting tickets for the Sabres game... Sunday night game?! I can handle that!
I'm not too impressed yet.  They don't have many wins against quality opponents.   Wins are better than losses though.

shemptiness

« Reply #442 on: March 08, 2013, 12:06:38 pm »

Way too many Bruins fans there that night.  Sat next to 2 of the worst ones.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #443 on: March 08, 2013, 12:48:10 pm »
There was 1 in our section and of course he was as loud as can be, he was sitting by himself and drinking his beer at the end of the game. I pointed at him and laughed as I walked by.

One thing I DIDN'T like was the "let's go Bruins" countered by the "BRUINS SUCK" chants. Why not just drown them out with "LET'S GO CAPS! LET'S GO CAPS!" and the Caps fans just "booing" them loudly is also annoying. I hate when any of our stadiums get overrun by opposing team fans. At least we got the final laugh, but I did hear quite a few "Let's go Bruins" chants.... unfortunately I've heard louder chants from opposing team fans....

I believe we're 6-2 within the division and 4-9-1 outside the division.... While I will say I want to see more wins over better teams, I won't complain about the 8-3 mark over the last 11 as opposed to the 2-8-1 mark over the first 11.... Would like to see us pound some New York trash over the weekend.
‼‼?‼‼

slappy

« Reply #444 on: March 08, 2013, 03:29:28 pm »
One thing I DIDN'T like was the "let's go Bruins" countered by the "BRUINS SUCK" chants. Why not just drown them out with "LET'S GO CAPS! LET'S GO CAPS!" and the Caps fans just "booing" them loudly is also annoying. I hate when any of our stadiums get overrun by opposing team fans. At least we got the final laugh, but I did hear quite a few "Let's go Bruins" chants.... unfortunately I've heard louder chants from opposing team fans....

I've thought this as well. Caps fans are somehow programmed like a go-go audience, all about the call and response. They predominantly will only chant after the horn guy or Goat start it.

Seems like it's been going like this forever. Same with the 'O' during the anthem, most are clueless its origin is for the Orioles. I hate that shit after we got the Nats.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #445 on: March 09, 2013, 09:22:06 pm »
Didn't someone try to start having Nats fans scream when the anthem comes to the word "Red"? Wasn't that a thing?

Caps looked awful today. I would say it was the young goalie, but God damn, 45 shots!?!?
‼‼?‼‼

shemptiness

« Reply #446 on: March 09, 2013, 11:19:18 pm »
I don't think it's the goalie's fault that so many guys are shooting at him.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #447 on: March 11, 2013, 10:30:16 am »
Yeah, it's hard to blame the goalie when that fucking defense allows 45 shots. 45 FUCKING SHOTS. THAT'S ALMOST HALFWAY TO 100. WHICH IS 10% OF 1000.

Hopefully they can bounce back into it with these back to back games against the Canes.
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #448 on: March 11, 2013, 10:42:55 am »
Caps are team without much talent.  They are probably playing where they belong.  Bruce is the best coach in the NHL and he hid some of their problems. Losing Flash and Semin the last couple of years and having injuries to Laich and you don't have much of an NHL team right now.  The Ducks are 18-6 right now.  Time to fire Mcphee and re-build.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #449 on: March 11, 2013, 10:55:38 am »
He didnt fire Earnie and that bastard has driven the Wizards straight into the ground, George has 5 playoff appearances and 4 division titles since Ovechkin has come here. I just don't see him being fired. Flash was crap when he was here and Semin was lazy. If they didn't produce when they were here [with Boudreau, "the best coach in the NHL"] why keep them?

I think this team is grittier than they were under Hunter, it just seems like they still take their foot off the pedal. It seems like when they "stick to the system" it works out, in the end. But yesterday against the Rangers they ice was really fucking tilted in the other direction... At some points in the Islanders game it looked likt they were on 5 minute power plays but couldn't score. Against the Rangers it looked like they started getting bullied around halfway through the game. Of course the NBC commentators loved that. I fucking hate those cunts.
‼‼?‼‼