Author Topic: For All You Caps Fans  (Read 105982 times)

vansmack

Re: For All You Caps Fans
« Reply #495 on: May 14, 2013, 01:26:22 am »
God damn it that gif is hilarious.

Amazing....
27>34

shemptiness

« Reply #496 on: May 14, 2013, 07:50:12 am »
This hurts and amuses at the same time.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #497 on: May 14, 2013, 10:50:39 am »
I don't know how Ovi racked up 13 hits last night. It was frustrating to see him diving in front of shots, shooting the puck at the net, and setting up passes for his linemates and nothing happening with it. Ovi was fucking everywhere in the last 2 games and literally had nothing to show for it. I felt more frustrated for him than the team. Seeing the offense go that anemic was insane. No power plays in game 6 is almost laughable. Charging/Hooking for a 5-3 PP for the Rags? Come on man.

Caps eliminated from the playoffs. On my birthday. Again.
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #498 on: May 14, 2013, 10:54:22 am »
ovi had some huge hits.  he alternated from be a man on fire and a disconnected controller.  it was all or nothing.  a more sustained effort would have been nice.

i only caught the first half of the game and i'm glad that i had somewhere else to be... didn't need to see the end of that.
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #499 on: May 14, 2013, 10:56:55 am »
With about 2 minutes left in the game they showed him on the bench with his head down for a solid 40 seconds or so. They panned away because he didn't look up. I actually feel for Ovi this year. He busted his ass this season, and was all over the ice when he was on. I think every player has moments where they're disconnected, if he had a goal in each of the last 2 games he would have been praised. Unfortunately the main point out of this series will be him having 2 points in the series and the team being shut out for the last 2 games. Such a shame.
‼‼?‼‼

stevewizzle

« Reply #500 on: May 14, 2013, 11:22:58 am »
I don't know how Ovi racked up 13 hits last night. It was frustrating to see him diving in front of shots, shooting the puck at the net, and setting up passes for his linemates and nothing happening with it. Ovi was fucking everywhere in the last 2 games and literally had nothing to show for it. I felt more frustrated for him than the team. Seeing the offense go that anemic was insane. No power plays in game 6 is almost laughable. Charging/Hooking for a 5-3 PP for the Rags? Come on man.

Caps eliminated from the playoffs. On my birthday. Again.

ovi doesn't play defense all year, and then all of a sudden decides he's going to do everything.

there's something to be said for team's like ottawa or boston, who pass and move together all year round, and develop chemistry, and keep that up in the playoffs. they don't change there game plan. i just don't think the caps  have a winning formula

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #501 on: May 14, 2013, 11:34:17 am »
All those big hits are nice to watch and they look great on the stat sheet...but so many of them are not necessary...his efforts on a lot of those hits would be better spent getting back on D.  A lot of them are just fluff and frustration.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #502 on: May 14, 2013, 11:57:13 am »
All those big hits are nice to watch and they look great on the stat sheet...but so many of them are not necessary...his efforts on a lot of those hits would be better spent getting back on D.  A lot of them are just fluff and frustration.
I'd rather him show that than the rest of the team doing nothing. I'd LOVE to know how many open shots our players just passed on.

The Rangers were notorious for diving in front of everything. In games 1 and 2 it totally worked, we would fake and they would dive and we would shoot. Hell, Ribs to Green was off of that exact play. Except the Rangers adjusted and stopped diving every time our sticks went up and we continued to pass and screw around and instead of just putting rubber on the net they would panic, shoot, and have the puck cleared out. They didn't adjust, the Rags did.

Oatest did a good job of keeping these guys heads in the game when they were down later in the season, I don't know what the fuck happened in the last 2 games.
‼‼?‼‼

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #503 on: May 14, 2013, 03:58:35 pm »
Watched the second period tonight.  The Caps totally suck.  The trade of Forsberg will come back to haunt them.  This team is the worst and next year when they aren't playing in the Southleast they will be anhilated.  Good job GMGM

When did the Caps ever have Forsberg?

Fuck this team. Mentally fragile, physically soft. GMGM will never get fired because Ted's a fucking douchebag. Fuck you, Ted.

The only thing that can save the Craps at this point is firing GMGM and letting the new GM trade Ovie, Backstrom and Green. Much like how the B's traded Thornton years ago, the Caps will never move forward until their albatross, for better or worse, is with a new club. And look how the Thornton trade worked for both SJ and Boston.

shemptiness

« Reply #504 on: May 14, 2013, 04:07:58 pm »
Filip Forsberg.  Traded for Erat.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #505 on: May 14, 2013, 10:09:59 pm »
Filip Forsberg.  Traded for Erat.

I stand corrected.

slappy

« Reply #506 on: July 19, 2013, 04:31:43 pm »
Metropolitan Division???
I can't believe I'd rather be in the Southeast.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=428001

atomicfront

« Reply #507 on: July 19, 2013, 04:39:54 pm »
Metropolitan Division???

Really?   Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Flyers, New Jersey Devils, New York Rangers, New York Islanders, Carolina Hurricanes and Columbus Blue Jackets.  Is a lot better than Carolina, Atlanta, Florida, Tampa.  Less traveling and better oponents some of whom might actually be rivals.  None of the Southeast teams made a decent rival.   

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #508 on: July 19, 2013, 04:54:21 pm »
Craps will be lucky to make the playoffs next year. Fuck you, Ted.

slappy

« Reply #509 on: July 20, 2013, 11:21:40 am »
Metropolitan Division???

Really?   Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Flyers, New Jersey Devils, New York Rangers, New York Islanders, Carolina Hurricanes and Columbus Blue Jackets.  Is a lot better than Carolina, Atlanta, Florida, Tampa.  Less traveling and better oponents some of whom might actually be rivals.  None of the Southeast teams made a decent rival.   

Just the name not teams. If it's so necessary for them to keep the geography thing. Just call it the American division since there's no Canadian teams in it.