Author Topic: The Mall Roll Call  (Read 16267 times)

manimtired

Re: The Mall Roll Call
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2009, 03:17:27 pm »
how old are you kosmo and what do you do for a living?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2009, 03:21:51 pm »
none of your beeswax LOL
T.Rex

manimtired

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2009, 03:31:12 pm »
what will you do if "talib" says some racist shit tonight? 

brennser

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2009, 04:44:51 pm »
Brennser,
I would think regardless of the rules, getting a stroller through compacted crowds could prove very difficult.

The Washington Post has a pretty good guide for tomorrow, including maps, entry points, and rules.  Linky.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/inauguration-central/

thanks Dr Doom - man this board has really gone to shit lately with the antics of a few morons

we did it and everything went fine - in fact we ended up with as good or better a vantage point than friends who had tickets but gave up trying to clear the security gates - drove down a deserted CT ave and parked in Dupont, strolled down to the mall - wonderful experience, so glad we did it

wml7

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2009, 04:47:09 pm »
What a fiasco that was.  Took forever to just to leave the place.  They had fences up and people broke those down to get out then the cops tried to stop people who were getting out.  All the people were fired up.  Got it on vid so I'll post when I get a chance.  Good ole DC for you.

manimtired

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2009, 04:48:30 pm »
Brennser,
I would think regardless of the rules, getting a stroller through compacted crowds could prove very difficult.

The Washington Post has a pretty good guide for tomorrow, including maps, entry points, and rules.  Linky.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/inauguration-central/

thanks Dr Doom - man this board has really gone to shit lately with the antics of a few morons

we did it and everything went fine - in fact we ended up with as good or better a vantage point than friends who had tickets but gave up trying to clear the security gates - drove down a deserted CT ave and parked in Dupont, strolled down to the mall - wonderful experience, so glad we did it

shut up

walkonby

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2009, 04:53:01 pm »
i wonder how long it will take to clean up the town?  i'm coming in for the weekend. 

and just who are these morons?  ???

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2009, 08:37:23 pm »
I think they went way over the top with fences and crowd control.  If they had just let people come and go from the mall at will, everything would have been fine.

But all in all it was a great day -- I wouldn't have missed it for anything.

I wrote some more about it and have added more photos here:  http://dcalex.blogspot.com
_\|/_

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2009, 10:53:05 pm »

No problems getting down to The Mall at all.   We ended up about halfway between the Capitol and The Washington Monument.   Right in the center.  Getting out was a clusterf--k of major proportions.  What a mess. 

We know at least a few ticketed people who never made it in.  They were at the security gates for hours and eventually gave up so they could go watch it on tv.  They weren't terribly pleased.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2009, 11:28:13 pm »
Ticketing was a bad idea.  I think it's been a practice for the last few inaugurals, but we pay taxes for those streets and for the mall.    That shouldn't be for sale.

_\|/_

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2009, 08:48:48 am »
Weren't the tickets free?

Ticketing was a bad idea.  I think it's been a practice for the last few inaugurals, but we pay taxes for those streets and for the mall.    That shouldn't be for sale.

manimtired

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2009, 08:57:17 am »
the "ball" looked more like the BET awards...jay z, p-diddy...thats the equivelant of bush getting motley crue for his ball.  classy.

sonickteam2

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2009, 09:01:13 am »
I liked the White bow tie.

time will tell whether he's a good president, but he's already outclassed and outstyled the last 4 or 5 by a country mile!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 09:02:59 am by num yummy »

sonickteam2

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2009, 09:58:27 am »
the "ball" looked more like the BET awards...jay z, p-diddy...thats the equivelant of bush getting motley crue for his ball.  classy.

from CNN.com

A crowd welcomed the Bushes in Midland, waving red, white and blue W signs.

Country music performers Rodney Atkins, the Gatlin Brothers and Lee Greenwood performed until the former first family arrived.

walkonby

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2009, 10:07:00 am »

from CNN.com

A crowd welcomed the Bushes in Midland, waving red, white and blue W signs.

Country music performers Rodney Atkins, the Gatlin Brothers and Lee Greenwood performed until the former first family arrived.

three of the most washed up, days in the sun were so long ago it may not be remembered by most today, acts in the world of country music.  how fitting for the man.