Author Topic: FREEFEST 2011  (Read 150939 times)

dortiz

Re: FREEFEST 2011
« Reply #180 on: July 11, 2011, 10:36:17 am »
Seth, any VIP packages?

atomicfront

« Reply #181 on: July 11, 2011, 10:37:50 am »
The detractors, naysayers and negative comments just kill me. IT'S FREE!!! If you're not interested, then don't go and don't complain. Do any of you bashers have any idea what it takes to put on a concert of this magnitude, with the caliber of artist that the festival attracts... and make it free? Here's a hint, no one else does it. It's an impossible task to please everyone and for those not interested in attending it sure would be nice to live by the old saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." Of course that's just wishful thinking.

Well I guess i have a right to complain.  Because to see a decent music festival I have to travel hundred of miles.  This festival used to be pretty decent.  Even last year you had pavement on a reunion tour that was selling out every where and lcd soundsystem on the farewell tour.  Plus a bunch of acts that actually had appeale to me.

This year a DJ is listed second on the line-up.  And how many times have I had to see TV on the Radio at festivals before (including this one).  And they have one decent song.  Black keys are awful and the opposite of cutting edge.   Ghostland I have seen at lollapalooza twice.  First time in front of 20 people.  They were fun with that few people but really not a band I would want to see again.  Patti Smith is terrible live and have skipped her before at a festival to see someone else.

And it is not really free.  I spend about 100 dollars every year.  Can you bring your own food in?  How about beer?  This isn't wolf trap.  I am free to complain about the only area festival going downhill.  

Sure Okkervil River and Alberta Cross I would like to see but it isn't really worth it for me to drive an hour to the festival and pay 9 bucks for a beer.  I will be seeing the National and Wye Oak earlier that week.  I love both of them.  Maybe if they had charged money they could have gotten bands like the National and Fleet Foxes on the line-up and made it festival worthy.  

So yeah complaining about something that has been allowed to go downhill is my right.   If this were the first year of the festival it would be differant.  

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #182 on: July 11, 2011, 11:04:40 am »
I actually like the lineup a whole lot more than last year's - I'd go for the Black Keys alone.

Too bad about the facebook requirement - not that an account is difficult to get, but it eliminates those of us who work for a living, will be at work on Friday, and whose employer blocks access to social media sites like facebook.  Guess I'm s.o.l.

It's called vectro proxy. Look into it. Or don't and fuck off.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #183 on: July 11, 2011, 11:06:24 am »
The detractors, naysayers and negative comments just kill me. IT'S FREE!!! If you're not interested, then don't go and don't complain. Do any of you bashers have any idea what it takes to put on a concert of this magnitude, with the caliber of artist that the festival attracts... and make it free? Here's a hint, no one else does it. It's an impossible task to please everyone and for those not interested in attending it sure would be nice to live by the old saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." Of course that's just wishful thinking.

Just tell them to shut the fuck up and to go fuck themselves. Especially tard who would rather see adult contemporary Wilco.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #184 on: July 11, 2011, 11:14:19 am »
listen...

people have every right to express themselves here

and so do I:

if you don't like it STAY THE FUCK HOME

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #185 on: July 11, 2011, 11:17:13 am »
listen...

people have every right to express themselves here

and so do I:

if you don't like it STAY THE FUCK HOME

my favourite seth quote of all time.  i bet he says "show me the money" real well, too.

James Ford

« Reply #186 on: July 11, 2011, 11:18:20 am »
My comment was not a complaint. Bravo to Seth and his crew for once again bringin a nice free event to the area.

I'm 44. I saw Wilco on their very first tour at the old 9:30 Club. Back when your mother was depriving you of breastmilk and feeding you formula. Of course I'd rather see Wilco.

Just tell them to shut the fuck up and to go fuck themselves. Especially tard who would rather see adult contemporary Wilco.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #187 on: July 11, 2011, 11:22:10 am »
Maybe if they had charged money they could have gotten bands like the National and Fleet Foxes on the line-up and made it festival worthy.  

you won't go see that lineup for free, but you'd spend money on the national?

your musical opinion is hereby declared null and void.
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #188 on: July 11, 2011, 11:26:38 am »

Well I guess i have a right to complain.  Because to see a decent music festival I have to travel hundred of miles.  This festival used to be pretty decent.  Even last year you had pavement on a reunion tour that was selling out every where and lcd soundsystem on the farewell tour.  Plus a bunch of acts that actually had appeale to me.

This year a DJ is listed second on the line-up.  And how many times have I had to see TV on the Radio at festivals before (including this one).  And they have one decent song.  Black keys are awful and the opposite of cutting edge.   Ghostland I have seen at lollapalooza twice.  First time in front of 20 people.  They were fun with that few people but really not a band I would want to see again.  Patti Smith is terrible live and have skipped her before at a festival to see someone else.

And it is not really free.  I spend about 100 dollars every year.  Can you bring your own food in?  How about beer?  This isn't wolf trap.  I am free to complain about the only area festival going downhill.  

Sure Okkervil River and Alberta Cross I would like to see but it isn't really worth it for me to drive an hour to the festival and pay 9 bucks for a beer.  I will be seeing the National and Wye Oak earlier that week.  I love both of them.  Maybe if they had charged money they could have gotten bands like the National and Fleet Foxes on the line-up and made it festival worthy.  

So yeah complaining about something that has been allowed to go downhill is my right.   If this were the first year of the festival it would be differant.  

Boring.

For some of us who can't afford to throw money around to go to Lollapalooza then shit on a free festival, this free festival is awesome and very much appreciated.

TIMES IS TUFF
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #189 on: July 11, 2011, 11:28:06 am »
oh.. i see.. we can only say that the lineup is great!

the fact that its free is irrelevant ..lots of live music- most actually- is free..the kennedy center has a free concert every night.

hutch

« Reply #190 on: July 11, 2011, 11:35:36 am »
I'm still glad the event is happening....just not impressed by lineup but maybe its an opportunity to discover some new bands..

Patti Smith is always worth checking out too...

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #191 on: July 11, 2011, 11:41:01 am »
oh.. i see.. we can only say that the lineup is great!

the fact that its free is irrelevant ..lots of live music- most actually- is free..the kennedy center has a free concert every night.

I don't think thie lin-up is great, I think it's great for a free festival, fuck yeah. I look at it as a free Calvin Harris/Black Keys/TVOTR show... and the awesome shit they have that you can do all day there. That's why I love it. It's a free concert with a bunch of other great, fun stuff to do.
‼‼?‼‼

killsaly

« Reply #192 on: July 11, 2011, 11:43:15 am »
Im in! thanks Seth, this should be really fun. i have only missed one fest since this started. free and local = bad ass. 

fatskippy

« Reply #193 on: July 11, 2011, 11:43:45 am »
Nice lineup, I'm in, thanks

K8teebug

« Reply #194 on: July 11, 2011, 11:48:31 am »
At least the 9 dollar beers are 24 ounces.