Author Topic: FREEFEST 2011  (Read 150949 times)

TFlyAmy

• Home
Re: FREEFEST 2011
« Reply #315 on: July 14, 2011, 10:43:24 am »
Oh no! I r afeard.

I DEMAND SATISFACTION

Tfly amy i challenge you to a duel with pistols at sundown!!!!!!!!

;D

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #316 on: July 14, 2011, 10:45:07 am »
Wow those captchas are very difficult to read for folks with vision issues.  It took me about 10-15 tries to get one right.  Got shut out.

They aren't case sensitive and you don't need to add in the punctuation.  Also sometimes you dont even need the second word or at least all of it.  I got one where the second word was upside down, typed in only the first one and it worked.

[edit] I also think you can get it to say the words in audio, but I'm not positive.  You can also keep refreshing to find one you can see for sure. [/edit]

yeah i understand that however my vision is already very fuzzy and the blur makes it so a lot of times I cannot tell what letters are there.  It can be especially bad with lower case a/e/o and t/f/l.
FUKIT

lagas

« Reply #317 on: July 14, 2011, 10:46:27 am »
for the record, I didn't need to join FB to get tickets, so that's good...
zorra

shemptiness

« Reply #318 on: July 14, 2011, 10:46:54 am »
Still don't know why I had a cookies issue using IE.  I claim ageism!  No old folks allowed!  Aside from Branson and Seth of course.

hutch

« Reply #319 on: July 14, 2011, 10:47:48 am »
(In the woodshed  for rest of day working on ticket kung fu exercises... "Master-san says do not depend on one browser grasshopper")

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #320 on: July 14, 2011, 10:48:40 am »
False. I got my tickets on Firefox. First try. It all comes down to luck and timing.

the problem was with using moxilla

you suck ticketfly.

you send an email with the helpful info but omit that fact?

its always something with you guys

i was too late unfortunately even on the 10$ donation

Dude it was just a presale, they will go on sale tomorrow.  Plus they noted that it was first come first served, its not like you were guaranteed a ticket.

dude, it will be way harder tomorrow...

i did not ask to be guaranteed a ticket just a chance..using firefox you had no chance regardless. thats not right.

nothx

lagas

« Reply #321 on: July 14, 2011, 10:49:18 am »
False. I got my tickets on Firefox. First try. It all comes down to luck and timing.

you suck ticketfly.

Dude it was just a presale, they will go on sale tomorrow.  Plus they noted that it was first come first served, its not like you were guaranteed a ticket.

i did not ask to be guaranteed a ticket just a chance..using firefox you had no chance regardless. thats not right.

this
zorra

Got Haggis?

« Reply #322 on: July 14, 2011, 10:49:56 am »
i used Chrome, no issues

DotTheEyes

« Reply #323 on: July 14, 2011, 10:52:04 am »
Why are people still bombarding the Facebook page with the codes?  Are they just morons?

hutch

« Reply #324 on: July 14, 2011, 10:54:28 am »

you suck ticketfly.

well I tried with firefox from second one for about 20 minutes.. my problem was not trying explorer but i never use that thing..

i even closed out of firefox and tried again but no cigar

the i tried explorer and it was working just fine

most people using firefox were not having any luck and it wasn't that it was telling me "no tickets" ms pretentious..it just wasn't working

anyways, my bad... i'll try again tomorrow and if that doesn't work i'll think about buying  a ticket

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #325 on: July 14, 2011, 10:55:29 am »

maybe, maybe not.  some demand was fulfilled today, and it's not like the presale was any secret.  as long as more people got tickets today than the number of new folks trying tomorrow, you could be better off.

Observation:

FreeFest brings out an annoying tendency in people.  Any time someone wants to be a little crabby or whatever that they didn't get tickets or the site froze up, etc., someone pops in all, "Come on, man, it's -free-.  You can't get angry over something that's -free-.  First come, first served, man."

Fuckers.  ;)

the fact that they're free doesn't change anything.  remember the phish fiasco?  people bitched to high heaven about that, and it wasn't free.  people will complain regardless of price.  no, the main issue is one of perceived "fairness".  if folks get shut out, they want to know that everyone was shut out for the same reason - demand > supply and not random backend coding quirks that arbitrarily affect one browser and not another.

the one annoying thing that people say which does hold some water is "there was no guaranteeing you were going to get a ticket anyways".  again, demand > supply.  many are going to leave unhappy (free ticket or not).

I DEMAND SATISFACTION

ok, fine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5bYDhZBFLA
<sig>

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #326 on: July 14, 2011, 11:05:21 am »
Tomorrow is gonna be a bear. Hope I get lucky. If not then it's on to Plan B. Whatever that is.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #327 on: July 14, 2011, 11:14:00 am »
Tomorrow is gonna be a bear. Hope I get lucky.

Coincidentally, the next Blowoff is the same night as Freefest, so you can't go wrong!  ;D
😐 🎶

grax

« Reply #328 on: July 14, 2011, 11:17:17 am »
Anyone remember how quick the general sale sold out last year? It was quick but I don't recall how quick.

Last year, the system displayed a message at 10:15 or 10:20 that the tickets were all gone.  I tried again about 10 minutes later and got the same message.  I read the following week that a lot of tickets were given away after 11:00, once certain technical issues had been resolved.

So last year, starting at 10, it went on for something in excess of one hour.  A lot of people gave up after being told that the tickets were all gone. 

The moral of the story is to never trust anything ticketfly tells you.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #329 on: July 14, 2011, 11:32:52 am »
Got my tickets easy as pie. RACK ME.