Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3242879 times)

James Ford

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #2970 on: July 03, 2013, 12:10:06 pm »
The Saturday of the Fourth of July Weekend when they can on Monday's and Wednesday's? In spite of a two case limit (this week only, I think) per person, I'd be surprised if they had any beer left. Check their twitter and facebook pages.

Heading up to The Alchemist on Saturday... first time.  I'll report back after the weekend.

Yada

« Reply #2971 on: July 03, 2013, 01:01:41 pm »
The Saturday of the Fourth of July Weekend when they can on Monday's and Wednesday's? In spite of a two case limit (this week only, I think) per person, I'd be surprised if they had any beer left. Check their twitter and facebook pages.

Heading up to The Alchemist on Saturday... first time.  I'll report back after the weekend.

I was going to say the same thing. You'll be able to still have tastings and beers on draft there, but won't be able to purchase any cases.

Stillwater

« Reply #2972 on: July 03, 2013, 02:41:01 pm »
Gggaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2973 on: July 03, 2013, 02:48:17 pm »
Gggaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

oh . . . there you are.

atomicfront

« Reply #2974 on: July 03, 2013, 05:40:00 pm »
Going to Flying Dog tomorrow for the brewery tour.  You have to like this rule:

3. Don't bring your baby.

?All of our tours and events at the brewery are for those 21 and older.
?This includes small children and babies, so get a babysitter: Call your mother-in-law, cash in a favor, or bribe with the totally amazing beer you'll be bringing home.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2975 on: July 03, 2013, 06:47:46 pm »
i like people who bring their children to things . . . because i realize they are miserable and i feel good about that.  how, very.

James Ford

« Reply #2976 on: July 03, 2013, 08:19:02 pm »
As mediocre as their beer is, it doesn't seem like they should be trying to shed business like that. I'm not buying any more Flying Dog!

?This includes small children and babies, so get a babysitter: Call your mother-in-law, cash in a favor, or bribe with the totally amazing beer you'll be bringing home.

James Ford

« Reply #2977 on: July 06, 2013, 01:49:09 pm »
From the Alchemist Facebook page:

Attention fans: We have decided to keep a case purchase limit of 2/person in place for the summer. We hate to limit folks who travel to Vermont to stock up on Heady and share with friends, but even with our new increased capacity, we continue to sell out weekly. We hope to lift this limit sometime in the future, but for now it will help us and our loyal retailers stay stocked for as long as possible. Thanks for understanding and cheers!

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #2978 on: July 06, 2013, 06:04:43 pm »
Going up to Troegs for a tour tomorrow.  Child-free tour hopefully!

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2979 on: July 06, 2013, 07:33:44 pm »

Attention fans: We have decided to keep a case purchase limit of 2/person in place for the summer. We hate to limit folks who travel to Vermont to stock up on Heady and share with friends, but even with our new increased capacity, we continue to sell out weekly. We hope to lift this limit sometime in the future, but for now it will help us and our loyal retailers stay stocked for as long as possible. Thanks for understanding and cheers!

driving to vermont . . . to get beer?

thats like going to amsterdam . . . to smoke pot.

atomicfront

« Reply #2980 on: July 08, 2013, 09:38:57 am »

driving to vermont . . . to get beer?

thats like going to amsterdam . . . to smoke pot.

At least in Amsterdam they have the Van Gogh Museum. 

atomicfront

« Reply #2981 on: July 08, 2013, 09:45:59 am »
As mediocre as their beer is, it doesn't seem like they should be trying to shed business like that. I'm not buying any more Flying Dog!

I am sure they will miss the one draft you buy a year.   There Woody Creek Wit is superior.  Their In-Heat Wheat is pretty good.  I also enjoy their Oyster Stout.  They had a Black Wit on tap at the brewery that was mediocre at best. I pinnaple Session that I did not care for.  The Snake Dog in the Firkin was tasty.  They are definitely a high volume Brewer. 

The best part of the tour was the stories of Hunter S Thomposon who lived on the brewery's founders ranch.  They let you taste the brew at each stage.  Nice tasting area. Probably worth a visit if you like touring breweries.

I went to the Heavy Seas ale house and had some of their Red Sky at Night on Firkin.  Absolutely amazing.  Firkin beer is so much better.  I guess that is why I like my own brews better than store bought.  Pasteurization, Forced Carbonization, and Filtering ruins the taste of beer. All beer should be firkin.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 09:48:42 am by atomicfront »

atomicfront

« Reply #2982 on: July 08, 2013, 10:37:54 am »
I wonder what will happen to that Brewery in Vermont when the IPA fad ends.   

Yada

« Reply #2983 on: July 08, 2013, 10:40:10 am »

The brewer's life will still be better than yours.

atomicfront

« Reply #2984 on: July 08, 2013, 10:41:11 am »

The brewer's life will still be better than yours.

Really?  I doubt it.  He lives in Vermont.