Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3242853 times)

Yada

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #5055 on: November 19, 2014, 03:52:08 pm »
$0.50 per ounce.

you forgot to log into the James Ford account.

Yada

stevewizzle

« Reply #5057 on: November 20, 2014, 09:38:58 pm »
has space dust reached the east coast in six-packs or bombers?

that beer rules.

brennser

« Reply #5058 on: November 20, 2014, 10:43:14 pm »
has space dust reached the east coast in six-packs or bombers?

that beer rules.

yes its excellent! bombers

« Reply #5059 on: November 20, 2014, 11:20:30 pm »
has space dust reached the east coast
and here I thought this was Philae related
POTW
slack

Yada

« Reply #5060 on: November 24, 2014, 12:03:53 pm »
I was drinking these guys most of the weekend, quite delicious and crushable.

Yada

« Reply #5061 on: November 25, 2014, 11:55:36 am »
Thanksgiving at City Tap House.

"Not Your Average" Thanksgiving

We have decided to celebrate Thanksgiving with flair. We got our hands on some rare beers and had Chef recreate some of his holiday favorties - all with a unique twist! Some of the staff's favorites of the day include the Chantenay Carrot Soup, Hudson Valley Foie Gras Toasty, Spring Field Farm Turkey, and Cervena Venison.  For dessert, indulge in our Classic Pumpkin Pie, Apple Cake, or Dark Chocolate Pot de Crème.  Guests are invited to pair any of these Thanksgiving menu items with seasonal draft beers that will be poured exclusively on Thursday, November 27th.  Highlights include Imperial Doughnut Break by Evil Twin Brewing; Kentucky Breakfast Stout by Founders Brewing Company; Barrel-Aged Project Brew (2014) by Brouwerij Hof Ten Dormaal; Pappy Van Winkle Barrel-Aged Porter by Abita; The Beast Grand Cru and 5 Monks by Avery Brewing Company.  For reservations, call 202.733.5333.  Festivities begin at noon.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #5062 on: November 27, 2014, 11:51:25 pm »
Family? Fuck you family . . . I'm going to drink some fucking beer with my fucking thanksgiving.

Yada

« Reply #5063 on: December 05, 2014, 11:27:06 am »
I miss the beer thread.

stevewizzle

« Reply #5064 on: December 05, 2014, 12:01:34 pm »
why?

it turned into a pretentious circle jerk of IPA connoisseurs and BA ratings over the past two years. "but did you think it was better than the infamous heady topper?".  who cares, it's beer.

every now and then there's a good post sprinkled in, but for the most part it's meaningless banter.

Yada

« Reply #5065 on: December 05, 2014, 12:14:32 pm »
why?

it turned into a pretentious circle jerk of IPA connoisseurs and BA ratings over the past two years. "but did you think it was better than the infamous heady topper?".  who cares, it's beer.

every now and then there's a good post sprinkled in, but for the most part it's meaningless banter.

You mad steve?

Blame it on James Ford.

stevewizzle

« Reply #5066 on: December 05, 2014, 12:23:36 pm »
Mad isn't the right word. Just bored with it all

Yada

« Reply #5067 on: December 05, 2014, 12:26:17 pm »

On that note, picked up some Blackout Stoudt the other night and it was fucking delicious.

stevewizzle

« Reply #5068 on: December 05, 2014, 12:45:12 pm »

On that note, picked up some Blackout Stoudt the other night and it was fucking delicious.

i miss great lakes brews, and midwest stouts in general.

stevewizzle

« Reply #5069 on: December 05, 2014, 12:51:46 pm »
Blame it on James Ford.

i wouldn't blame JF.  he's a hobbyist when it comes to beer and i respect his passion. i don't really dig his penny-pinching, ounce counting, IPA rating, german bashing ways, but so it goes. i've had many beers with him in person and always enjoy our conversation.

overall, the craft beer scene has become so monotonous, it's suffocating.  all beer bars look the same (or a slight variation).  all beer festivals are stupid.  the little guys keep selling out to AB-IB.  "proper etiquette" is pushed around like this is wine, or something. reserve societies are becoming a thing even before a brewery opens. the word "artisan" is thrown around like these people aren't just dumping pallets of grain and mixing it with some tap water and hops. in general, people care too much about (IMO) all the wrong things.