Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3242832 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #5370 on: April 09, 2015, 02:05:17 pm »
yes . . . there is a noticeable alteration of flavor, but it is still good. not flat, and I only bought 2 four packs.  its not like someone is still trying to sell harvest ale.

you are, my favourite poster, who currently posts, and always will be.

stevewizzle

« Reply #5371 on: April 09, 2015, 02:05:25 pm »
acquiring a bottle of yellow rose IPA next week.  anyone tried it? the texas IPA fanboys have basically made this thing out to be the headytopper of texas.

never tried it, but it's single-hopped with mosaic AKA must be good ;D

it's a solid IPA and great use of mosaic.  wouldn't go out of my way for it again.

i'd rate it 0.4 headytopper equivalents.

ggw

« Reply #5372 on: April 09, 2015, 02:09:32 pm »
you are, my favourite poster, who currently posts, and always will be.

You, know that's james, ford, yes?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #5373 on: April 09, 2015, 02:13:46 pm »
of course, I do.  I liked james as james ford . . . but I love james, as space freely.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #5374 on: April 09, 2015, 02:16:15 pm »
I like my James Ford like I like my coffee: silent.
LVMH

« Reply #5375 on: April 09, 2015, 02:22:21 pm »
yes, but apparently Space Freely has learned to hold back
and that's a good thing
must be all the meditation he learned from Sam Harris
slack

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #5376 on: April 09, 2015, 02:25:07 pm »
you should try astral projection meditation.  let me tell you . . . frightening and fascinating all at the same time.  you can find beginner lessons on how to do it on spotify.  trust me.  you have to try it.  you will feel as if your heart, has been touched, by Christ. 

ggw

« Reply #5377 on: April 09, 2015, 02:54:44 pm »
TM. 

If it's good enough for David Lynch, Gisele Bundchen, Josh Homme, Buckminster Fuller, and a boatload of billionaire hedge fund managers, then it's good enough for me.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #5379 on: April 09, 2015, 03:06:18 pm »
http://workouttrends.com/transcendental-vs-mindfulness-meditation

I still suggest a.p. meditation.  it really puts you in touch with the world of the supernatural in a way that will either turn you into a higher state of energy, or it will fry your brain and you will wander the earth insane from what you have witnessed.  there is a power out there in space that will approach you during the process.  you will then, become one with the things we make movies about.

i am gay and i like cats

stevewizzle

Yada

« Reply #5382 on: April 09, 2015, 03:22:01 pm »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5383 on: April 09, 2015, 05:21:43 pm »
in case folks are looking for some recommendations:

FW Pivo Pils: the IPA drinker's pilsner.  it's from CA so of course it's hoppy.  i could see myself easily crushing a 6-pack of this on a hot summer afternoon.

FW Pale 31: should be regarded as the gold standard of american pale ales.

Heavy Seas Double Cannon: i'm a fan of Loose Cannon so i had high hopes for this, unfortunately they were not met.  this might not have been the freshest bottle (best before was Aug 20, assuming 6 month that means it was bottled in late Feb).  i'll consider giving it another chance if i come across a fresher bottle, but even at a month and a half old i would expect more hop character in a DIPA.

FW has recently expanded its distribution to the DC area so expect to see more Pivo, Pale 31 and the like on shelves.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/04/blind-tasting-116-of-the-best-american-ipas-we-hav.html?p=3

can't hate too much on that list. 
<sig>

stevewizzle

« Reply #5384 on: April 09, 2015, 06:07:25 pm »
that list does a couple of things really well:
-highlights the fact that good-to-great IPAs are abundant
-ranks a wonderful and popular IPA very low, showing that the system of ranking IPAs is inherently flawed
-has an unbiased approach to geographical beer regions
-has 116 IPAs ranked... an absurd amount.

i showed up to the alpha king challenge in 2011 at GABF and drank about 50 or so of the 100 IPAs in the challenge.  after about 10, they all start to taste the same, so i'm impressed with their rules.

i went and bought some breakside flagship IPA at lunch because of the list.  also, i have a bresnner package coming with jai alai within the next week so i'm excited to finally try that.