Author Topic: META: Can we have a serious discussion about shutting down ShowListDC's thread?  (Read 4008 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
This thing is such a drain on our community, its time someone said it. What a wildly, wildly redundant amount of posts are spent recapping what our beloved Just Announced does so well, and with no meaningful discussions back and forth with each other. And its basically, at this point, one person shilling their website that lists announcements for concerts no one would even consider seeing. This person could be posting in higher-value threads and having discussions -- and making memories -- instead of racking up astronomical post counts on nothing.

I ask you all sincerely, when was the last HoF-caliber moment in ShowListDC's thread? The last fight? The last day-long bull session? Never. Why are we still floating this thing?
LVMH

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
Happy to stop posting there; all you had to do was ask.

atomic

I was thinking that if you opened up Just Announced it would automatically forward you to ShowListDC's site. 

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
This thing is such a drain on our community, its time someone said it. What a wildly, wildly redundant amount of posts are spent recapping what our beloved Just Announced does so well, and with no meaningful discussions back and forth with each other. And its basically, at this point, one person shilling their website that lists announcements for concerts no one would even consider seeing. This person could be posting in higher-value threads and having discussions -- and making memories -- instead of racking up astronomical post counts on nothing.

I ask you all sincerely, when was the last HoF-caliber moment in ShowListDC's thread? The last fight? The last day-long bull session? Never. Why are we still floating this thing?

This is an epic waste of pixels.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
showlist, don't take this seriously.  jules is stirring the pot and riffing on a theme.  it's a decent bit IMO but shouldn't be take seriously.
<sig>

Hexenjagd

Jeez.  Just start one Julian thread.  WTH?

Just on the front two pages you have these "META" threads that you started:
Shut down showlist
shut down Just Announced
Hall of Fame
Catch Phrase
Sexual Tension
Coffee Table Book

That is a bit much.  And you want to say Showlist should shut down her thread? You are the one who needs to shut down some of your own threads.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Just report his threads for spamming. Posting in them just keeps them floated. Yeah, it's annoying, but just report it. All these threads are fucking lame.
‼‼?‼‼

atomic

Jeez.  Just start one Julian thread.  WTH?

Just on the front two pages you have these "META" threads that you started:
Shut down showlist
shut down Just Announced
Hall of Fame
Catch Phrase
Sexual Tension
Coffee Table Book

That is a bit much.  And you want to say Showlist should shut down her thread? You are the one who needs to shut down some of your own threads.

Well in Julian's defense people do reply to his threads.  I actually like more threads.  I am not really interested in seeing bands right now as my wife is pregnant and can't drink and is grumpy so shows don't sound like much fun at the moment.  

We have "Just Announced",  'Just Announced Commentary", "ShowlistDC', "This week roll call" , "What did you just buy tickets to".  Those could all be rolled up into one as they are the same thing.  While "Hall of Fame' and "Shut down Just Announced" are not similar in the least.  Really the separation of Just Announced and Just Announced commentary serves no purpose.  

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Just report his threads for spamming. Posting in them just keeps them floated. Yeah, it's annoying, but just report it. All these threads are fucking lame.
The overwhelming number of them are multiple pages made up of pre-dominantly posts by other people. Is the entire board spamming?

Don't like it? Don't read it. You may not like Rhianna, but it's inane to argue "no one likes Rhianna."
LVMH

hutch

Julian you keep it up bucko and we'll be having a serious discussion about shutting you down again.

atomic

Julian you keep it up bucko and we'll be having a serious discussion about shutting you down again.

Can we shut-down James Ford instead.  I think Julian is doing this for the humor effect while James Ford ruins every thread because we don't choose to live our lives exactly like him.

Ardamus

• Ardamus
showlist, don't take this seriously.  jules is stirring the pot and riffing on a theme.  it's a decent bit IMO but shouldn't be take seriously.

agreed. i'm waiting for him to complain about Christine promoting her dj set lists in a few, too.