Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1692947 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #5805 on: January 23, 2021, 08:11:31 pm »
Can both of you be the assholes, I ask yet yet again. 
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #5806 on: January 23, 2021, 08:12:13 pm »
I am a huge fan of driving. 

I wake up before sunrise and get out of the house just to drive at least once a month, sometimes more.  I rarely have a destination, sometimes don't even know if I'm going north or south, but almost always drive the coast.  The midway point is nearly always me stopping on a beach, hanging out for about 15-20 minutes and heading home.  I usually try to bring something home - a loaf of bread, bottle of wine, something.

The Brand has no interest in coming with me and that is perfectly fine by me.  She prefers her sleep and I think she knows I prefer to drive alone (or at least to control the soundtrack).  She's always welcome of course, and I bought a dash cam to share some of the best parts of the drive with her when I return. 

I also buy cars with this in mind - will it perform well on PCH?  I was on the verge of buying an old 911 when we met, so the Macan was a temporary compromise just in case we had a child.  So I guess that old 911 is little longer off - when she was first born though, I would take her with me, feed her on the beach and she would sleep in the car seat most of the way there and back.

So no - you don't have to feel badly about not going to the same extent that she shouldn't feel crazy about driving a long way just to see the ocean.  She should find some fun, different roads though just to make it interesting.  And a good soundtrack.
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #5807 on: January 23, 2021, 08:52:22 pm »
If driving the PCH to Rehoboth was an option, this wouldn't be a question. I'm all about scenic drives. Or if it were two hours round trip instead of six.

My wife has a fear of driving over bridges and doesn't want to drive the whole six hours on her own. So doing it without me (but with my daughter) is not an option for her.

And the idea of it has been mutually killed.

And I drive a CX-5, which she hates because is smaller and less powerful than the Rav-4 that she chooses to drive.

The end, thanks for your advice y'all.

vansmack

« Reply #5808 on: January 23, 2021, 09:40:56 pm »
Can confirm, Julian was right all along.
27>34

hutch

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?

« Reply #5811 on: January 27, 2021, 02:50:39 pm »
this thread might work The Schadenfreude thread
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 02:57:12 pm by OfficeOfTheFormerHatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #5812 on: January 27, 2021, 04:45:09 pm »

« Reply #5813 on: January 27, 2021, 04:49:03 pm »
And AMC...some grassroots wallstreet takeover stuff!

It's amazing how much the moved the market

they took GME 1500% in less than one month!
all to screw with headgefunds that were shorting the stock
slack

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #5814 on: January 27, 2021, 05:22:48 pm »
The GameStop thing is insane.  Kicking myself for not hopping on board.  And dumping.

WALKonBack

« Reply #5815 on: January 27, 2021, 05:36:10 pm »

I wake up before sunrise and get out of the house just to drive at least once a month, sometimes more.  I rarely have a destination, sometimes don't even know if I'm going north or south, but almost always drive the coast.  The midway point is nearly always me stopping on a beach, hanging out for about 15-20 minutes and heading home.  I usually try to bring something home - a loaf of bread, bottle of wine, something.

The Brand has no interest in coming with me and that is perfectly fine by me.  She prefers her sleep and I think she knows I prefer to drive alone (or at least to control the soundtrack).  She's always welcome of course, and I bought a dash cam to share some of the best parts of the drive with her when I return. 

I also buy cars with this in mind - will it perform well on PCH?  I was on the verge of buying an old 911 when we met, so the Macan was a temporary compromise just in case we had a child.  So I guess that old 911 is little longer off - when she was first born though, I would take her with me, feed her on the beach and she would sleep in the car seat most of the way there and back.

So no - you don't have to feel badly about not going to the same extent that she shouldn't feel crazy about driving a long way just to see the ocean.  She should find some fun, different roads though just to make it interesting.  And a good soundtrack.

I am, just now realizing, that this was a hella post.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #5816 on: January 27, 2021, 05:42:04 pm »
I am, just now realizing, that this was a hella post.

It went so deep, into so many unexpected holes.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5817 on: January 27, 2021, 06:31:12 pm »
Guess I should have checked this thread before posting in JA about GameStop, etc
T.Rex

« Reply #5818 on: January 27, 2021, 06:32:46 pm »
Guess I should have checked this thread before posting in JA about GameStop, etc
nah that is the proper place for all of posterity
slack

« Reply #5819 on: January 29, 2021, 02:24:33 pm »

I wake up before sunrise and get out of the house just to drive at least once a month, sometimes more.  I rarely have a destination, sometimes don't even know if I'm going north or south, but almost always drive the coast. 
umm don't drive south this weekend

just south of Big Sur,  Rat Creek (MM 30)
slack