Author Topic: snowpocalypse 2016  (Read 52673 times)

hutch

Re: snowpocalypse 2016
« Reply #225 on: January 27, 2016, 04:53:02 pm »
Fairfax County just bagged it for the rest of the week.

At weeks end, they will have had 11 days of school in the last seven calendar weeks. And one of them was an early dismissal day.

:-X

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #226 on: January 27, 2016, 05:14:21 pm »
...and Montgomery falls too.

shemptiness

« Reply #227 on: January 27, 2016, 05:29:32 pm »
...and Montgomery falls too.

assume Friday is a given then?

« Reply #228 on: January 27, 2016, 06:46:35 pm »
And Arlington just called it too
slack

walk,on,by

« Reply #229 on: January 27, 2016, 11:08:45 pm »
we are fine out here in the woods.  I was able to go buy some beer, and food, today.  got to work too.  yeah, great . . . because napping 4 to 5 hours a day, gaining 10 pounds, jerking off on command, was so horrible.

hutch

« Reply #230 on: January 27, 2016, 11:31:34 pm »
ha ha walkie...

I went out today with the kids.. I took them to Barnes and Noble.. man they love that place.. makes me happy....I love bookstores particularly with record stores in them.....I bought them some educational materials (my older boy a getting ready for the 4th grade workbook... he's in kindergarten but is obsessed with these workbooks... I just love making him happy.. too bad we have 250 of these workbooks lying around, and for the young boy I bought him a coloring book for girls cause that is what he wanted) and the Iron Maiden LP for myself...YAH! so I was happy.. then I took them to an undisclosable location for lunch...it was packed...jam packed with kids...

People on the streets were driving like total assholes... really put me off the whole thing...you would think the snow everywhere would bring out the best in people but no...I want to say it was Fairfax assholes but I dunno...usually they would be Maryland assholes but I don't think with the snow conditions they came all the way over to fuck with me....could have been some Arlingtonians.. wtf? are these people not brought up on "the Arlington Way"? I went to a thrift store and picked up 15 cds and some more stuff for my kids...a construction construction site matching game (if you're a parent you probably know the book) and a few other items...so I was happy....then I took them to safeway and the lines were way long and all I could find I wanted was a head of broccoli and box of cheerios so I said fuggit and came home.. they were out of milk.. it looked like that crazy looney tunes maniac had been there....then I got home and realized the construction construction matching game was missing 4 out of the 72 cards.. frickin' thrift stores...anyways, it don't matter .. my kids never play those matching games.. oh my older boy wanted a "batter up" baseball frame art thing of some sort.. I thought that was weird but I bought that too.. now someone will have to figure out how to put it up.. I am basically illiterate when it comes to putting shit up on walls...the end. dont' you wish you had that minute back.

betao

« Reply #231 on: January 28, 2016, 09:22:58 am »
is Betao still in transit?

Hah, negative. I didn't come up. I decided Thursday that there was no logistical way to make this happen, and I'm glad I did. Otherwise, I probably would still be in transit.

We got between 12'' - 15'' in Richmond, and the kids are finally back in school today.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #232 on: January 28, 2016, 09:42:10 am »
We got between 12'' - 15'' in Richmond, and the kids are finally back in school today.
Church Hill parking was Thunderdome. There were no rules. All common decency went completely out the window.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #233 on: January 29, 2016, 06:14:33 pm »
lol.

not sure how I missed this and I ♥ Angie Goff.

http://dcist.com/2016/01/video_nbc_anchors_pranked_by_prosti.php

Space Freely

« Reply #234 on: January 31, 2016, 04:09:19 pm »
Everybody enjoying the warm weekend weather?

Apparently it's not warm enough, as Fairfax County Schools will have a two hour delayed start tomorrow.

hutch

« Reply #235 on: January 31, 2016, 04:41:36 pm »
Everybody enjoying the warm weekend weather?

Apparently it's not warm enough, as Fairfax County Schools will have a two hour delayed start tomorrow.

hey at least they are starting! Arlington has a preplanned teachers special day of planning so there is no school

can you spell shit-show?

hutch

« Reply #236 on: February 01, 2016, 12:15:08 am »

I dug out a lot.. I dug out a car. .I dug out half a street.. I dug out the garbage cans. .I dug out a canal to the street drain... cause nobody is coming to help us.. ARE YOU HEARING ME???

Relaxer

« Reply #237 on: February 01, 2016, 10:10:38 am »
Yes, your voice is echoing off my repeatedly plowed street very nicely.
oword

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #238 on: February 01, 2016, 10:28:14 am »

I dug out a lot.. I dug out a car. .I dug out half a street.. I dug out the garbage cans. .I dug out a canal to the street drain... cause nobody is coming to help us.. ARE YOU HEARING ME???
[/qu

You should totally get a snow blower, fellow.

hutch

« Reply #239 on: February 01, 2016, 11:33:37 am »

[/qu

via Imgflip Meme Maker

You should totally get a snow blower, fellow.