Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1367600 times)

godsshoeshine

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #1815 on: February 02, 2009, 05:58:25 pm »
haha, now you sound like a toon fan

the bad part is they leaked a bunch of promising leads to the press, so the fans are thinking that veloso, luis garcia or denilson on loan are going to come over and then end up with nowt. selling n'somnia i see, but selling given without spending it is shocking
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #1816 on: February 02, 2009, 06:10:13 pm »
everton really tried to park the bus against you guys. did van der sar even see a shot?

That's pretty much what everyone has done to United this season (save Arsenal) since Sunderland almost earned a draw back in Dec.  It's really made for some boring football.

Van der Saar will be credited for three saves, but in reality was only "tested" once, and even then it wasn't anything to see in a highlight reel.

So Quaresma to Chelsea and Arshevin to Arsenal...I just shrug mt shoulders at those two moves.  I guess that means fabregas is heading to Madrid this off season.     
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1817 on: February 02, 2009, 06:12:10 pm »
n'somnia

I laughed when I read that, but it was tacky on his part.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1818 on: February 02, 2009, 06:22:58 pm »
totally tacky. joke in ear is irish what can you do

zogs needed to go though. every window its 'oh arsenal would be great, lyon come and get me' so he goes to wigan
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #1819 on: February 03, 2009, 01:19:25 pm »
The Cardiff Arsenal match has been canceled.  No word on if Setanta will broadcast Burnley vs West Brom instead.  If anybody hears definitively, let me know.
27>34

slappy

« Reply #1820 on: February 03, 2009, 02:36:22 pm »
Strangest last few days for football news....

I guess I can start wearing my Keane kit again.

Do you actually wear a whole kit around or were you trying to be down with the nomenclature by throwing 'kit' down instead of jersey?

vansmack

« Reply #1821 on: February 03, 2009, 02:38:51 pm »
Do you actually wear a whole kit around or were you trying to be down with the nomenclature by throwing 'kit' down instead of jersey?

Are you saying that I shouldn't match my outfits simply because I'm on the field?
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1822 on: February 03, 2009, 02:45:57 pm »
a spurs shirt would look good with a white belt, at least as good as a spurs shirt could look
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1823 on: February 03, 2009, 04:22:27 pm »
a spurs shirt would look good with a white belt, at least as good as a spurs shirt could look

It'll be the first time they've looked good for a couple of seasons.

*Overheard in St. James Park*

"Lets face it, we suck, we're shyte man. In fact, the only thing we've got going for us is our goalie. If it wasn't for him we'd be rooted firmly on the bottom of the table destined for championship football next season"
"HEY!!! Let's sell him to another stuggling team"
"Wayaaaaay man, You're a genius"

Keane is one of the most overrated players in the premiership, probably second only to Gerrard. They are both slightly better than average players on a squad of barely average players so look much better than they actually are. Hence Gerrards disapointing performances for England. It's no coincidence that no other top flight team was on the phone when it was obvious he wasn't happy at Anfield. Redknap is a good manager though so will probably do something with him.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1824 on: February 03, 2009, 04:33:45 pm »
Let's sell him to another stuggling team
this is a good point, actually. its one thing if they needed the money but to sell to another struggler is just stupid. especially when shitty's whole problem is all of the sketchy folks they have there seem to tank it if things arent going their way. hey, lets give them a guy that doesnt quit. at the end of the day you cant stop a guy from leaving if he wants to leave, but the toon got nothing out of this as far as the rest of the year goes
o/\o

slappy

« Reply #1825 on: February 04, 2009, 12:30:19 am »

Are you saying that I shouldn't match my outfits simply because I'm on the field?
Depends on what you're doing on the field.
A matching outfit is fine for a picnic at a field.
A uniform is better for playing on a field.
A kit is good for playing on a pitch.

You know how to order a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?

vansmack

« Reply #1826 on: February 04, 2009, 02:13:16 pm »
The Arsenal vs. Cardiff FA Cup match will be broadcast on Setanta at 6:00pm ET (immediately following Everton vs Liverpool).
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1827 on: February 04, 2009, 02:18:56 pm »
Clearly you didn't realize that wearing the full kit at all times is acceptable now...

27>34

slappy

« Reply #1828 on: February 05, 2009, 01:24:04 am »
Clearly you didn't realize that wearing the full kit at all times is acceptable now...

Woah ... You can't bring Kobe into the mix. He's on the cutting-edge of modern living.
It'll be a few years before our society finds it acceptable to bang teen chicks in hotels without spousal approval.
I'd leave it to him to pave these roads. Be more conventional like Shaq, pay your bitches not to talk and don't wear a full kit.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1829 on: February 05, 2009, 10:57:22 am »
you seem awfully interested in what smackies wearing these days. not that theres anything wrong with that
o/\o