Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1367609 times)

hutch

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #3555 on: July 27, 2011, 03:50:43 pm »
city just signed Aguero...

good player.. remains to be seen how he does in Premier League

on Argentina national team he's been better than Tevez..

I understand they are looking to get rid of Tevez...

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3556 on: July 27, 2011, 04:24:27 pm »
I don't think any other team wants to deal with Tevez....regardless of his obvious talents.

One minute he's kissing the badge then the next demanding to be traded....

hutch

« Reply #3557 on: July 27, 2011, 04:26:10 pm »
I don't think any other team wants to deal with Tevez....regardless of his obvious talents.

One minute he's kissing the badge then the next demanding to be traded....

yeah..tevez is a drag these days.. i agree..

apparently a deal to return him to corinthians was close but i guess it did not work out..

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3558 on: July 28, 2011, 12:56:28 pm »
YIKES!!!!

MLS still has a ways to go then....

:D

vansmack

« Reply #3559 on: July 28, 2011, 12:57:52 pm »

These days?!  THESE DAYS!!!??
27>34

hutch

« Reply #3560 on: July 28, 2011, 01:42:36 pm »

These days?!  THESE DAYS!!!??

well for me all that matters is the national team (ARGENTINA) and for the WC 2010 and COpa America both times he pressured and lobbied until he got called, then lobbied some more and srated,.. the team then had to change its approach and it did not help.. I'm not going to blame Tevez but I just wish the coaches would go with their gut instinct...

vansmack

« Reply #3561 on: July 28, 2011, 02:17:42 pm »
I just wish the coaches would go with their gut instinct...

Like Sir Alex did....
27>34

hutch

« Reply #3562 on: July 28, 2011, 02:22:22 pm »
I just wish the coaches would go with their gut instinct...

Like Sir Alex did....

I do know Argentina can't start Messi and Tevez at the same time.... With Man U it was more of changing one player for another.. The problem with Man U as far as I know was that Tevez wanted more money not that Ferguson (Sir? really?) didn't want him.

Are we really going to go there again? Tevez played well for Man U and played very well for City. He is a very good player for a premier league team but on the Argentine side there isn't any space for him.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3563 on: July 28, 2011, 03:17:32 pm »
Hutch - I don't think anybody is questioning Tevez's skill, just his behaviour off the field.

SAF simply got sick of his bullshit. Every player is replaceable. (except maybe Scholes) Tevez is not the first or last who will get the Fergie-FUCK OFF! Stam, RVN, Beckham and Ronaldo to a lesser extent got the same treatment. All better than Tevez imo.For Tevez to go and play for the noisey neighbours (City) is proof of his lack of character. You just don't do that in English football. (I can't speak for other leagues) Even when Rooney was having his little tantrum, City offered him ungodly amounts of money but it was never going to happen.

Before anyone brings up Owen....Liverpool didn't want him back, it had been years since he played for them, the player needed a job and the only offer came from United.

vansmack

« Reply #3564 on: July 28, 2011, 05:37:31 pm »
Please, Juergen?!  Pretty please?  All you have to do is teach Americans the concept of "possession" and you will see dramatic improvements at the international level.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #3565 on: July 28, 2011, 05:44:23 pm »
Please, Juergen?!  Pretty please?  All you have to do is teach Americans the concept of "possession" and you will see dramatic improvements at the international level.

I don't get the Juergen hype... he hardly has any coaching experience.. and i always understood that Loew was the one that decided things...

vansmack

« Reply #3566 on: July 28, 2011, 06:33:19 pm »
I don't get the Juergen hype... he hardly has any coaching experience.. and i always understood that Loew was the one that decided things...

Agreed. Juergen was the teacher, Loew was the tactician.

However, US Soccer needs to be taught before they can focus on tactics.  (Plus I don't think Loew would leave the German squad for the US Squad... ;-) )

Knowing US Soccer though, it's Sigi Schmid's turn to keep us in mediocracy instead of wholesale changes in our approach to the game.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #3567 on: July 28, 2011, 08:20:39 pm »
right klinsman sucks because he picks good assistants. makes sense
o/\o

hutch

« Reply #3568 on: July 28, 2011, 09:37:45 pm »
right klinsman sucks because he picks good assistants. makes sense

ha ha..

I didn't say he sucks but how much experience does he have? How many years of coaching does he have? 4?

Moreover, if his knowledge of "tactics" is so poor that he relies on an assistant for that- well- I'd like the manager to know both tactics and teaching

when you don't know tactics you do things like Maradona where he played against Germany with a midfield of 3 or arguably 2.. Germany 4- argentina 0

tactics are important.. when Mexico is destroying the US and its because Bornstein is useless and slow..well it would have helped to have someone coaching the team who understood that

moreover, in today's int soccer i would argue that a good coach- with the right tactics or strategy- can get the right result even with lesser players

I do not think Klinsmann coaching Bayern Munich- Germany's best team- and the German national team , in GERMANY, to the semis is that great a track record..

Yes, he's a former great player.. that is true but the US can do better.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #3569 on: July 28, 2011, 09:44:19 pm »
i agree bradley and maradona are worse than klinsman at picking assistants
o/\o