Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1367620 times)

vansmack

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #3600 on: August 15, 2011, 01:18:23 pm »

I suppose if you grab someone by the shirt and yank him up from the ground they might get a little pissed at you and retaliate....most would anyway.

That was more entertaining than most of the football played in that match.  Gonna be a long season for the Gooners...

Mankie - talk to me about Mario Götze...
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3601 on: August 15, 2011, 03:19:05 pm »

I suppose if you grab someone by the shirt and yank him up from the ground they might get a little pissed at you and retaliate....most would anyway.

That was more entertaining than most of the football played in that match.  Gonna be a long season for the Gooners...

Mankie - talk to me about Mario Götze...

To be honest I think we've got our man to fill the void left by Scholesy in Jones.....but if Fergie thinks otherwise who am I to argue?

I bet smackie has a chubby with the news of Robbie Keane.....never rated him myself but I know you're a big fan.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #3602 on: August 15, 2011, 08:48:05 pm »
getting yanked up is hardly rare. yellow card offense, nothing worth retaliating with an obvious red worthy action

i agree with you that falling down looked bad, but joey has been on the other side of that enough times, and the blatant stomp didn't get called his way either

agreed it was an awful match though. what the heck does ever one of the thousand managers we've had see in shola? jesus

götze is unreal. dortmund play breathtaking football and he's their crown jewel. kind of surprised they are only asking £20m. twice as good as henderson even with the english up charge
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 08:50:59 pm by godsshoeshine »
o/\o

godsshoeshine

« Reply #3603 on: August 15, 2011, 08:56:45 pm »
thoughts on macheda and diouf? rumor that both have been offered on loan
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3604 on: August 16, 2011, 10:21:42 am »

Won't make the grade at United in my opinion. Average premiership player in Macheda. Diouf I don't know, I've only seen him play once and that was uninspiring.

vansmack

« Reply #3605 on: August 16, 2011, 01:11:18 pm »

Won't make the grade at United in my opinion. Average premiership player in Macheda. Diouf I don't know, I've only seen him play once and that was uninspiring.

They will be loaned out as Welbeck clearly beat them out this pre-season (assuming Hernandez head injury isn't too serious and despite Welbeck's performance on Sunday, which was substantially less inspiring than his community shield performance).  The only chance either have for this season would be the sale of Berbatov, and even them I'm not sure.

I think they're both fine players who just need playing time.  Welbeck played a lot more last season than Macheada and it's showing.  If I were the Toon, Diouf is the one I would get if possible.  He's older and more mature than Macheada and has much more Premier League experience.

And Mankie - the kid's 19.  I think he'll be fine...
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #3606 on: August 16, 2011, 01:12:21 pm »
götze is unreal. dortmund play breathtaking football and he's their crown jewel. kind of surprised they are only asking £20m. twice as good as henderson even with the english up charge

Encouraging words.  I'll follow it more closely now.
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3607 on: August 17, 2011, 01:25:11 pm »
Evidently Wesley is now 'more untouchable' now Eto'o is on the way out. How can you be more untouchable than untouchable? You can either touch something or you can't.

Oh well, this means his probably at OT having a medical as I type.

Seriously, my gut is SAF is bored with Inter/Schneiders games so not interested anymore.

hutch

« Reply #3608 on: August 17, 2011, 03:22:06 pm »
Evidently Wesley is now 'more untouchable' now Eto'o is on the way out. How can you be more untouchable than untouchable? You can either touch something or you can't.

Seriously, my gut is SAF is bored with Inter/Schneiders games so not interested anymore.

more like man u is cheap as they have been for a few years now....

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3609 on: August 17, 2011, 03:36:26 pm »

more like man u is cheap as they have been for a few years now....

Hasn't done us much harm though eh?

vansmack

« Reply #3610 on: August 17, 2011, 10:41:46 pm »
While i know it was inappropriate, i thought the chosen one's ear tug was one of the funniest things i've seen on the pitch in a while.  His facial expresins were priceless!
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3611 on: August 18, 2011, 10:09:14 am »
While i know it was inappropriate, i thought the chosen one's ear tug was one of the funniest things i've seen on the pitch in a while.  His facial expresins were priceless!

What was that all about?

Mourinho has become a circus clown at this point.

vansmack

« Reply #3612 on: August 18, 2011, 01:14:54 pm »
What was that all about?

Horrible, useless tackle to end an otherwise entertaining match, but this is hilarious.  The pinch at :28 and the face at :35.  Completely bizarre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjwYYI9S2N8&feature=player_embedded#!
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3613 on: August 18, 2011, 04:41:20 pm »
What was that all about?

Horrible, useless tackle to end an otherwise entertaining match, but this is hilarious.  The pinch at :28 and the face at :35.  Completely bizarre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjwYYI9S2N8&feature=player_embedded#!

I saw it.....I thought it was a 'hey buddy" friendly kind of gesture. Obviously not though. Very juvenile if you ask me.

Can you imagine Wenger coming up to SAF to do that? Now that shit would be funny.

serpent boy

« Reply #3614 on: August 18, 2011, 04:52:06 pm »
I'm only a casual EPL fan and I've rooted for Norwich since I was a kid growing up in Lakenheath AFB.

What do you all think the Canaries chances are of surviving relegation this year?

Holt's been fairly prolific and the team made plenty of offseason moves to help bolster itself. Lambert's pretty competent as manager. I think they can finish 16th or 17th but they were just in League 1 two years ago!