Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1367603 times)

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #3990 on: June 06, 2014, 04:36:23 pm »
yes the core bud lite drinking white men don't watch a lot of soccer here

but 10-15 million people will probably watch World Cup games in the US

that's not nothing

slack

atomic

« Reply #3991 on: June 06, 2014, 04:48:03 pm »

that's not nothing

Its not enough of them for FIFA to change their schedule due to avoid NFL playoffs. 

hutch

« Reply #3992 on: June 06, 2014, 04:58:05 pm »

that's not nothing

Its not enough of them for FIFA to change their schedule due to avoid NFL playoffs. 

huh? speak English man or I will have to conclude you are one of those illegal immigrants you think goes to DC United games.

hutch

« Reply #3993 on: June 06, 2014, 05:00:19 pm »
I mean what do you want me to say Atomic? You're full of shit as usual.

You said nobody cares about the World Cup. Well that's bullshit and you know it but if that's the way you feel stay away from this thread. I think you're trolling is what you're doing.

I care and know plenty of people who do. This idea that its only foreigners or illegal immigrants is highly offensive.

atomic

« Reply #3994 on: June 06, 2014, 05:09:56 pm »

You said nobody cares about the World Cup. Well that's bullshit and you know it but if that's the way you feel stay away from this thread. I think you're trolling is what you're doing.

I care and know plenty of people who do. This idea that its only foreigners or illegal immigrants is highly offensive.

I said Americans in general don't care.  I know two people who care a lot.  One is from South Africa the other is from South Korea.  I will be watching and hopefully the Germans can pull it out.

hutch

« Reply #3995 on: June 06, 2014, 05:16:00 pm »

I said Americans in general don't care.  I know two people who care a lot.  One is from South Africa the other is from South Korea.  I will be watching and hopefully the Germans can pull it out.

so do the 53 million hispanic Americans not count? That is a lot of people and they care...

the argument that "Americans" don't care is idiocy... we don't live in a Leave it to Beaver world

is soccer or the World Cup as popular as the NFL, NBA, MLB??? Of course not but so what?

If Americans in general don't care I don't see why ESPN is permanently talkinga bout soccer...its not like the old days man...goals are now included in the top 10 plays regularly, the ticker/crawl at the bottom has a lot of soccer info... there are premier league games regularly on NBC for crying out loud..

times are changing...

atomic

« Reply #3996 on: June 06, 2014, 06:32:46 pm »

so do the 53 million hispanic Americans not count? That is a lot of people and they care...

the argument that "Americans" don't care is idiocy... we don't live in a Leave it to Beaver world

is soccer or the World Cup as popular as the NFL, NBA, MLB??? Of course not but so what?

If Americans in general don't care I don't see why ESPN is permanently talkinga bout soccer...its not like the old days man...goals are now included in the top 10 plays regularly, the ticker/crawl at the bottom has a lot of soccer info... there are premier league games regularly on NBC for crying out loud..

times are changing...

I don't know any hispanics so I can't tell.if they like soccer.  53.million?  No way.

Anyways they have been saying soccer will soon be popular for 40.years.

hutch

« Reply #3997 on: June 06, 2014, 07:09:13 pm »

times are changing...

I don't know any hispanics so I can't tell.if they like soccer.  53.million?  No way.

Dude I don't care if you like or don't like soccer...but get your facts straight

according to the 2010 US census there were more than 50 million hispanics.. thats LEGALLY...as you also no doubt know, in your infinite wisdom, hispanics are often undercounted...

but do the math......between 2010 and today how much you think its grown?...

thats before you factor illegal immigrants who will be legal fairly soon....

factor in, moving forward, higher reproductive rates among hispanics, continued immigration, and i think you know whats coming..

« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 07:10:59 pm by hutch »

vansmack

« Reply #3998 on: June 07, 2014, 01:08:46 pm »
Hutch, don't feed the trolls.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #3999 on: June 07, 2014, 02:39:15 pm »
no ribery at world cup...major bummer...also no falcao...

atomic

« Reply #4000 on: June 07, 2014, 07:52:49 pm »

times are changing...

Dude I don't care if you like or don't like soccer...but get your facts straight

according to the 2010 US census there were more than 50 million hispanics.. thats LEGALLY...as you also no doubt know, in your infinite wisdom, hispanics are often undercounted...

but do the math......between 2010 and today how much you think its grown?...

thats before you factor illegal immigrants who will be legal fairly soon....

factor in, moving forward, higher reproductive rates among hispanics, continued immigration, and i think you know whats coming..

This country votes to become part of Mexico?

Who are you rooting for in this World Cup?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 07:54:29 pm by atomic »

atomic

« Reply #4001 on: June 09, 2014, 11:29:17 pm »
I watched the End of the DC United Columbus game on TV today and it looked like they were lucky if 2000 people were there.  It ended in a zero zero tie.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4002 on: June 09, 2014, 11:30:41 pm »
I watched the End of the DC United Columbus game on TV today and it looked like they were lucky if 2000 people were there.  It ended in a zero zero tie.
well, soccer is for fucking losers.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #4004 on: June 10, 2014, 11:44:20 am »
it's happening

Inoffensive chants?  Don't like the term Nazi?

Those guys have a long way to go...

If the World Cup isn't for reinforcing racial stereotypes every four years, what good is it?
27>34