Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1367617 times)

hutch

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #4080 on: June 23, 2014, 08:46:36 pm »
the mexico croatia second half was great!!!!!!!

mexico-netherlands
brazil-chile

are going to be great round of 16 games...

I hope Netherlands destroys Mexico. 

well I am torn..

I want the netherlands to win a Cup...they are the most deserving of the teams that has yet to win

on the other hand Mexico plays in the same conference as the US and is latin american and western hemisphere..

on the other hand I cant' stand mexico...everything about them..

on the other hand Atomic is rooting for the dutch so....

its really a tough call.....

I will probably root for the underdog (Mexico)

actually i have to look at the brackets to see before i make a final choice ....would the winner of this pllay the winner of Brazil vs Chile..if that were so I'd probably have to want the dutch as a Netherlands Brazil quarterfinal would be hot...

atomic

« Reply #4081 on: June 23, 2014, 08:48:00 pm »
more feeding the troll who pretends to hate soccer but seems to watch every game...oh and he is an american who cheers for Germany
Lore

My mother and sister were born in Germany.  Over 90 percent of my relatives live in Germany.  A lot of American players aren't even American.. For example Iceland.  I have a friend who is cheering for Korea.  And you can cheer for Mexico and I won't complain

hutch

« Reply #4082 on: June 23, 2014, 09:10:53 pm »
may the best team win.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:18:13 pm by hutch »

betao

« Reply #4083 on: June 23, 2014, 11:33:38 pm »
Holland has been playing great this tournament, they're definitely working for it. It's hard for me to root for Mexico, one of USA's biggest rivals  ;D

betao

« Reply #4084 on: June 23, 2014, 11:34:39 pm »
yes they will. Brazil v Chile will be heated.

Croatia played with pure anger today when down by 3. It got them a goal but it also got them a red card.

Brazil/referee/FIFA v Chile, if you ask me

Good point. If I was a ref I'd be terrified to work one of the Brazil games.

stevewizzle

« Reply #4085 on: June 23, 2014, 11:37:59 pm »
A lot of American players aren't even American..

yeah i don't think you know what you're talking about.

http://www.vox.com/2014/6/18/5818920/there-are-actually-no-immigrants-on-the-us-soccer-team-and-thats-weird

slappy

« Reply #4086 on: June 24, 2014, 12:14:00 am »

A lot of American players aren't even American.. For example Iceland.
Aron Johannsson was born in Mobile, Alabama and went school in Florida.
Learned that watching the last game. Maybe if you didn't spend so much time projecting bias on your own countries fans and paid attention, you could put up an intelligent conversation.
Of course, trolling and pulling 'facts' outta your ass is certainly a lot easier.

vansmack

« Reply #4087 on: June 24, 2014, 06:15:04 pm »
The success of CONCACAF and CONMEBOL have been more than impressive.
27>34

atomic

« Reply #4088 on: June 24, 2014, 06:32:37 pm »

A lot of American players aren't even American.. For example Iceland.
Aron Johannsson was born in Mobile, Alabama and went school in Florida. potheads
Learned that watching the last game. Maybe if you didn't spend so much time projecting bias on your own countries fans and paid attention, you could put up an intelligent conversation.
Of course, trolling and pulling 'facts' outta your ass is certainly a lot easier.

He was born to Icelandic parents and moved to Iceland when he was three.  He is about as American as I am portugesse

hutch

« Reply #4089 on: June 24, 2014, 06:34:22 pm »
so bummed about Luis Suarez...I could see him getting banned for the rest of Cup..what a huge loss for Uruguay....

I'm not sure biting someone is so much worse than a well timed knee to the face but I realize I am in the minority.... :)

atomic

« Reply #4090 on: June 24, 2014, 06:35:17 pm »

http://www.vox.com/2014/6/18/5818920/there-are-actually-no-immigrants-on-the-us-soccer-team-and-thats-weird

That link shows that only 4 players on the team are American.

atomic

« Reply #4091 on: June 24, 2014, 06:37:22 pm »
so bummed about Luis Suarez...I could see him getting banned for the rest of Cup..what a huge loss for Uruguay....

I'm not sure biting someone is so much worse than a well timed knee to the facwe but I realize I am in the minority.... :)

Seems like the reason South American teams are winning is that they have refs in their pocket.  I guess no one wants to be decapitated.

stevewizzle

« Reply #4092 on: June 24, 2014, 06:38:40 pm »

That link shows that only 4 players on the team are American.

you do not know how to read, it all makes so much sense now!

lagas

« Reply #4093 on: June 24, 2014, 07:11:20 pm »

I'm not sure biting someone is so much worse than a well timed knee to the face but I realize I am in the minority.... :)

I could see a lengthy international ban but with FIFA you never know...when I saw it happen I could not believe my eyes..."he did it again!!"

It would be interesting what a mental health professional say about this, he clearly has issues, a sort of arrested development?, anger issues? a mix of both? it sure was not accidental  ;D
zorra

vansmack

« Reply #4094 on: June 24, 2014, 07:55:13 pm »
It would be interesting what a mental health professional say about this, he clearly has issues, a sort of arrested development?, anger issues? a mix of both? it sure was not accidental  ;D

You mean like this guy?
27>34