Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1900810 times)

atomicfront

Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #2790 on: June 20, 2013, 12:55:51 pm »
Josh Hamilton's last 9 AB's:

1) K looking

Had two days off...

2) GIDP (Trout had singled)
3) GIDP (Trout had singled)
4) GIDP (Trout had walked)
5) K swinging
6) K swinging

Was moved to 7th in the lineup:

7) Ground out to the catcher
8) K swinging
9) K swinging

The Hamilton and Puljos signings were just terrible.  Glad that guy isn't our GM.  We dodged a bullit on that one.

vansmack

« Reply #2791 on: June 20, 2013, 01:01:54 pm »
The Hamilton and Puljos signings were just terrible.  Glad that guy isn't our GM. 

Too early to judge the Hamilton signing, but it's not looking good.

And the Pujols 10-year deal is looking awful given his injuries.

But I will reiterate - I don't think the GM is to blame.  This is all about the owner's ego and competing for airtime in the LA Market...
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #2792 on: June 21, 2013, 02:06:26 pm »
Do yourself a solid and head on into the options for Instagram v4.0. There you're find a checkbox to keep the all-new InstaVines from automatically playing. Your ears will thank you. The ears of your friends will thank you. And it should speed up the app a little as well.

And smackie, also, thanks you.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #2793 on: June 21, 2013, 05:28:18 pm »
27>34

Yada

« Reply #2794 on: June 26, 2013, 12:07:45 pm »
Smackie.

Top five restaurants and or bars in San Fran.

I want to bathe in Pliny the Elder.

Go!

vansmack

« Reply #2795 on: June 26, 2013, 12:12:27 pm »

Let me just start with this question:

And you go here:

http://www.toronado.com/

If you want to buy a few sixers, go here, and scroll down to SF.  You could also visit the brewery, which is about an hours drive north of the city.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 12:21:10 pm by vansmack »
27>34

Yada

« Reply #2796 on: June 26, 2013, 12:26:57 pm »

Let me just start with this question:

And you go here:

http://www.toronado.com/

If you want to buy a few sixers, go here, and scroll down to SF.  You could also visit the brewery, which is about an hours drive north of the city.

Thank you sir. We're only out there a handful of days, but hoping to shoot up to the brewery for an afternoon.

vansmack

« Reply #2797 on: June 26, 2013, 12:36:26 pm »
Thank you sir. We're only out there a handful of days, but hoping to shoot up to the brewery for an afternoon.

No problem.  As you know, I'm not a beer guy, so I don't pick my restaurants based on beer list, but the wine list. 

So tell me what you'd like to eat and I'll see what I can recommend.  Also, what area of the city you're staying in is helpful as well.

I live about 3 blocks from Toronado, and If I'm around I'm happy to meet you and order a High Life just to watch their heads explode.  Then I'll get something fancy...
27>34

Yada

« Reply #2798 on: June 26, 2013, 02:19:59 pm »

No problem.  As you know, I'm not a beer guy, so I don't pick my restaurants based on beer list, but the wine list. 

So tell me what you'd like to eat and I'll see what I can recommend.  Also, what area of the city you're staying in is helpful as well.

I live about 3 blocks from Toronado, and If I'm around I'm happy to meet you and order a High Life just to watch their heads explode.  Then I'll get something fancy...

I can't say I knew you weren't a beer guy and actually, if a restaurant doesn't have a good beer list, that's not a big deal to me. I'm perfectly happy with having an average beer with dinner or if I'm eating many oysters, a cold High Life would be just fine.

In regards to preference of food, I'll eat anything. I'd imagine we'll have one night that we'll get a little extravagant, but otherwise casual establishments are just fine. We're staying here... http://www.monaco-sf.com/

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #2799 on: June 26, 2013, 09:44:19 pm »
So I'm seriously considering ditching cable again.  Any ideas on the most efficient way to access live in-market MLB games?  Just MLB.tv + a proxy?  VPN? Some bootleg web stream?  I'd prefer something at the router level so that I can watch across all devices.  Does MLB.tv let you pause / time shift?
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #2800 on: June 27, 2013, 01:51:10 am »
So I'm seriously considering ditching cable again.  Any ideas on the most efficient way to access live in-market MLB games?  Just MLB.tv + a proxy?  VPN? Some bootleg web stream?  I'd prefer something at the router level so that I can watch across all devices. 

If NBC Sports does a great job with moving the Prem on line, I will be doing the same in August.

Sadly, I have no experience with in Market games as I never feel the need to watch the Giants or A's, and on the few occasions they play Anaheim, I'm in attendance or watching at a bar.

Do remember, playoff games are not on MLB.TV....

Does MLB.tv let you pause / time shift?

It depends on your choice of delivery vehicle.  Xbox and Roku do a great job of letting you start at any inning you'd like, and FF or rewind, though the game is not always on the screen (so you can't watch it at 2x speed, for example, at least on Roku).  The tablet and PC browser versions are not as slick at starting from the beginning or certain innings in my experience.
27>34

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #2801 on: June 27, 2013, 10:51:28 am »
From the MLB.TV website, it looks like an international VPN would allow you to watch pretty much anything.

MLB.TV Postseason Live Blackout: Due to Major League Baseball exclusivities, during the MLB Postseason, all live games will be blacked out in the United States (including the territories of Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands) and Canada. If you are an MLB.TV Subscriber outside of the United States and Canada, each of these games will be available live and as an archived game as soon as possible after the conclusion of the applicable game. If you are an MLB.TV subscriber within the United States or Canada, each of these games will be available as an archived game approximately 90 minutes after the conclusion of the applicable game.

Postseason.TV: Subscribers to Postseason.TV, available only during the MLB Postseason, will be able to view live alternative video feeds (excluding the broadcast feed) from MLB Postseason games without blackout restrictions.

Live Audio of those games subject to the blackout restrictions reflected above is available as part of any MLB.TV subscription, as part of MLB.com Gameday Audio.

OUTSIDE THE U.S. AND CANADA

No blackout restrictions apply.

All blackout restrictions described herein are determined by Major League Baseball, in its sole discretion, and are subject to change.

So I'm seriously considering ditching cable again.  Any ideas on the most efficient way to access live in-market MLB games?  Just MLB.tv + a proxy?  VPN? Some bootleg web stream?  I'd prefer something at the router level so that I can watch across all devices. 

If NBC Sports does a great job with moving the Prem on line, I will be doing the same in August.

Sadly, I have no experience with in Market games as I never feel the need to watch the Giants or A's, and on the few occasions they play Anaheim, I'm in attendance or watching at a bar.

Do remember, playoff games are not on MLB.TV....

Does MLB.tv let you pause / time shift?

It depends on your choice of delivery vehicle.  Xbox and Roku do a great job of letting you start at any inning you'd like, and FF or rewind, though the game is not always on the screen (so you can't watch it at 2x speed, for example, at least on Roku).  The tablet and PC browser versions are not as slick at starting from the beginning or certain innings in my experience.
(o|o)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #2802 on: June 27, 2013, 11:00:42 am »
I'm also concerned about Fox Sports 1 for Georgetown away games, but it looks like they'll have a decent streaming service that I can use someone's login info to access:

http://features.rr.com/article/01XX6my8AzaFy?q=ESPN

4b. ESPN executives will be closely watching the August launch of Fox Sports Go, a mobile app for iPhone, iPad, Android devices and the web which will stream sports content from Fox Sports, Fox Sports 1 and the company's 22 regional sports networks. This is Fox's product answer to ESPN's immensely popular WatchESPN, which allows for mobile viewing of all of ESPN's live sports on an authenticated basis. Fox said its live games and events will be available to subscribers of participating cable, satellite, and telco providers at no additional cost. Fox is also redesigning Fox Sports.com and will re-launch all of its mobile apps in April.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/news/20130310/media-circus-fox-sports-1/#ixzz2XQeYTstj
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #2803 on: June 27, 2013, 11:29:51 am »
I'm also concerned about Fox Sports 1 for Georgetown away games, but it looks like they'll have a decent streaming service that I can use someone's login info to access:

You might also want to find out what the most inexpensive cable package is and just switch to that.  That should get you ESPN and your local Sports Network for ~$30 a month, plus all of the Cable "on demand" stuff, which might be worth the cost just so you don't have to go through all of this.  Then don't rent any equipment or pay for HD, and use ESPN3 and Fox1 online, plus Comcast on Demand, which might be in HD.

From the MLB.TV website, it looks like an international VPN would allow you to watch pretty much anything.

The only danger there is that when you leave the VPN on, others won't have access to US only viewing rights, but it's a good idea.
27>34

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #2804 on: June 27, 2013, 11:33:50 am »

You might also want to find out what the most inexpensive cable package is and just switch to that.  That should get you ESPN and your local Sports Network for ~$30 a month, plus all of the Cable "on demand" stuff, which might be worth the cost just so you don't have to go through all of this.  Then don't rent any equipment or pay for HD, and use ESPN3 and Fox1 online, plus Comcast on Demand, which might be in HD.

this is very interesting, maybe the way to go.  I'd still like an HBOGO login, which I can get from my parentals.  So if I'm doing that, I may just use their login for all the services.

The only danger there is that when you leave the VPN on, others won't have access to US only viewing rights, but it's a good idea.

I'm hardly a networking expert, is it easy to turn the VPN off/on when wanted at the router level?  maybe have two different routers (VPN/non)?  is that crazy?
(o|o)