Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1900782 times)

stevewizzle

Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #2955 on: October 09, 2013, 03:12:28 pm »
That Iglesias trade (especially with what he's signed for) is steal of the year type material.

he's an incredible defender, and projects as a below average hitter.  obviously, the latter has not been the case this year.

given peavy's performance yesterday, and stephen drew's steady performance, the red sox are ecstatic that they could sell him high.

i wouldn't call it a steal quite yet, but i would call it a rare 3-team trade that projects to work out for all 3 teams.

ggw

« Reply #2956 on: October 09, 2013, 03:59:59 pm »
That Iglesias trade (especially with what he's signed for) is steal of the year type material.

I don't know, it's been like 20 years since he's put out any original material.  Now it's all just remasters and greatest hits collections.

vansmack

« Reply #2957 on: October 09, 2013, 04:21:58 pm »
I don't know, it's been like 20 years since he's put out any original material.  Now it's all just remasters and greatest hits collections.

His son is definitely the one to watch going forward...
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2958 on: October 09, 2013, 06:27:51 pm »
Quick question... What Android app do you use to keep up with Facebook?  I'm getting annoyed with the official app choosing what shows up in my timeline, particularly since I keep seeing updates via HTC Sense and not in the app.  And HTC Sense and Facebook don't play well together right now, so clicking on the tile won't open Facebook.
T.Rex

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2959 on: October 09, 2013, 06:57:03 pm »
galaxy now has a flexible phone.  i love it, not because of it, but because the price of the galaxy sfour just fell off the floor.

vansmack

« Reply #2960 on: October 09, 2013, 07:09:39 pm »
galaxy now has a flexible phone.  i love it, not because of it, but because the price of the galaxy sfour just fell off the floor.

Only available in Korea, for now.

But I too think it's a great idea, despite the complaints I'm seeing.  It's not that there's a need for a curved phone, but the simple engineering concept behind it.  I don't like this constant bigger phone fad that's going on - 4.3 inches is a big enough phone screen for me.  But, with a curved screen, you can make the phone fit in my hand better (like a cup of coffee) and have more screen room without sacrificing the over all size of the phone (ie, it can still be as wide as my current 4.3 inch phone).  It's ingenious.

I took a photo this morning and held it vertically, squeezed my fingers in and saw exactly what they were going for. 
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #2961 on: October 09, 2013, 07:42:45 pm »
Quick question... What Android app do you use to keep up with Facebook?  I'm getting annoyed with the official app choosing what shows up in my timeline, particularly since I keep seeing updates via HTC Sense and not in the app.  And HTC Sense and Facebook don't play well together right now, so clicking on the tile won't open Facebook.

I'm on the Facebook Beta track so I use the Official App, but not the public release.  I also use the m.facebook.com version often, when I have problems with the beta app.

I've tried a number of different apps, and some were better, but once FB made the timeline completely unpredictable, no app has been better than any other at fixing the biggest problem - trying to predict FB's new algorithm of what it thinks I want to see. 

27>34

vansmack

« Reply #2962 on: October 09, 2013, 08:00:53 pm »
And here's a "Holy sh!t!" moment for you:

T-Mobile Makes the World Your Network - at No Extra Charge

International data and text roaming in 100 countries at no extra charge with a Simple Choice Plan.

Your move, every other carrier in the world.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 08:04:34 pm by vansmack »
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2963 on: October 09, 2013, 08:04:23 pm »
And here's a "Holy sh!t!" moment for you:

T-Mobile Makes the World Your Network - at No Extra Charge

International data and text roaming in 100 countries at no extra charge with a Simple Choice Plan.

That is a wow indeed if you do a lot of traveling.

I'm also on the Facebook app beta track and noticed in the beta group that i'm not the only one having a problem on the HTC.
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #2964 on: October 09, 2013, 09:03:29 pm »
I'm also on the Facebook app beta track and noticed in the beta group that i'm not the only one having a problem on the HTC.

Has someone left the beta group, installed the public version and tested it?

I don't have an HTC so I can't try that, but I'm guessing you're looking at the wrong culprit.  If it doesn't work with the Public version, then the problem is Blink Feed (HTC proprietary product), not FB.
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2965 on: October 10, 2013, 10:51:02 am »
Well where even the problem was it got resolved in today's update of Facebook.
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #2966 on: October 10, 2013, 11:52:23 am »
Well where even the problem was it got resolved in today's update of Facebook.

You're welcome.  I made a couple calls to friends at FB....
27>34

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2967 on: October 10, 2013, 12:24:12 pm »
Love the htc hardware...hated htc sense....

shemptiness

« Reply #2968 on: October 11, 2013, 04:51:16 pm »
So what's your take on the Final 4?  I noticed that 3 of the 4 teams are in the top 5 in payroll.

stevewizzle

« Reply #2969 on: October 11, 2013, 05:15:14 pm »
So what's your take on the Final 4?  I noticed that 3 of the 4 teams are in the top 5 in payroll.

you can't really single the cardinals out here, they are 10th or 11th in payroll, aren't they?  any team over 100k should be considered competitive.  the difference between three teams is really just one or two bad contracts.

however, you could single out the dodgers, who are over 200k.