Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2685600 times)

bearman🐻

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #11040 on: May 07, 2024, 09:21:59 am »
Sunny Day Real Estate
Neil Young

No 1 Suki Waterhouse fan!!

« Reply #11041 on: May 07, 2024, 10:07:58 am »
Sunny Day Real Estate
Neil Young

Awesome! Look forward to hearing how Neil DC show I attend sucked compared to anything else.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #11042 on: May 07, 2024, 10:13:26 am »
Sunny Day Real Estate
Neil Young

Awesome! Look forward to hearing how Neil DC show I attend sucked compared to anything else.
Oh, no, Bearman and I will be at that one -- it'll be awesome.
LVMH

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #11043 on: May 07, 2024, 11:22:13 am »
Neil as well

« Reply #11044 on: May 07, 2024, 11:57:25 am »
Be sure to visit the monument to me erected after my stay in that city….
We tore that down with the other monuments a few years back. Sorry, got carried away.
well played, points awarded
slack

bearman🐻

« Reply #11045 on: May 09, 2024, 03:43:03 pm »
Sunny Day Real Estate
Neil Young

This made me laugh...to be fair, if I say something was better in another city, I'm just stating a preference/opinion. One of the only times I can absolutely say one show in a city sucked vs. another was the final Replacements tour when DC (Echostage) was underwhelming to a truly epic scale, and Philly the next night was a joyous and raucous celebration of the band. There might be others, but that's the most obvious one.

« Reply #11046 on: May 09, 2024, 04:56:44 pm »
One of the only times I can absolutely say one show in a city sucked vs. another was the final Replacements tour when DC (Echostage) was underwhelming to a truly epic scale, and Philly the next night was a joyous and raucous celebration of the band.
grr...I enjoyed my one and only mats show, not like I'll get a chance again
slack

No 1 Suki Waterhouse fan!!

« Reply #11047 on: May 09, 2024, 05:26:01 pm »
My point is if you’re lucky enough to see multiple nights it’s kind of poor form to poopoo the local show. No offense bearman I know you don’t have a mean bone in your body.  But Kind of makes one feel bad.  That’s the kind of thing for a particular artists forum where many people follow a band around to multiple shows.

And I didn’t need to see multiple Mats shows to know DC sucked.

bearman🐻

« Reply #11048 on: Today at 09:56:55 am »
My point is if you’re lucky enough to see multiple nights it’s kind of poor form to poopoo the local show. No offense bearman I know you don’t have a mean bone in your body.  But Kind of makes one feel bad.  That’s the kind of thing for a particular artists forum where many people follow a band around to multiple shows.

And I didn’t need to see multiple Mats shows to know DC sucked.

I understand. I also have missed out on SO many shows because of work over the years...I felt left out when I'd hear people glow about stuff that I didn't get to see, often that I was looking forward to and then couldn't go because I was stuck and had no choice. So many times I'd be scouring tour dates to see if I could make another gig, and often that was the only shot I had at seeing them, and then I'd be bummed out. Sometimes I think I try to make up for it if I can make it work out, because life is short and I realize I'm fortunate to try to get to see multiple shows on tours if I'm able. But that never stopped me from enjoying what people would post if I missed out because it also sort of helps reinforce that I suspect when something will be great. More often than not, DC gets the better shows. We are lucky. Bands seem to love playing here, the audiences are great, and the venues for the most part are superior. These days, Anthem is super hit or miss for me. I'm trying to embrace it for what it is, but all too often it just feels too big for the bands that I enjoy seeing there. I  appreciate that my posts can be like rubbing salt on a wound, so I'll shut up and stick to the local stuff.