Author Topic: Maybe we should just impeach Trump  (Read 67292 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Maybe we should just impeach Trump
« Reply #495 on: August 12, 2022, 04:24:50 pm »
Source? Same person that said Anee Heche is dead?
@DonLew87
Trump apparently leaked the warrant to Breitbart. The DOJ had sought to redact or shield the names of agents involved. Trump took no caution. The Breitbart article has names of agents, which obviously puts a target on their back. Reprehensible. Trump needs to be stopped. Enough.

Mehdi Hasan@mehdirhasan
Hold on, Breitbart just put out the names of the FBI agents who did the search? Are you kidding me? And presumably Breitbart got leaked this search warrant from Trump, unredacted?
Wow good luck to those agents & their families. Sheesh the right don’t give a damn about ‘the blue’.

so i checked out Breibart, so you don't have to.  they have not posted the documents themselves, only described the contents (including divulging the names of the FBI agents).  they gunno getz demselves SUED.

the federal judge in FL who authorized the warrant has just signed off on its release, pending redactions of PII (like names of agents) and classified info.  won't have to depend on Breibart's politicized interpretation (reminds me of when Barr "summarized" the Mueller report)

one thing the Breibart leak/fart did reveal:

Hugo Lowell
@hugolowell
NEW via Breitbart: Trump under investigation per search warrant for:
18 USC 2071 — Concealment, removal or mutilation
18 USC 793 — Gathering, transmitting or losing defence information
18 USC 1519 — Destruction, alteration or falsification of records in Federal investigations
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

« Reply #497 on: August 12, 2022, 04:42:45 pm »
LOL: Faux Newz aired a photoshoped image of the federal judge who signed the warrant in jeffrey epstein's plane having his feet massage by that ghislaine woman. they gunno getz demselves SUED.
oh come on...you don't think this is an appropriate apology (it's not)

Brian Kilmeade@kilmeade
Last night while subbing for Tucker Carlson, we showed you an image of Judge Bruce Reinhart w/ Ghislaine Maxwell that was sourced on screen to a meme pulled from Twitter & wasn’t real. This depiction never took place & we wanted to make clear that we were showing a meme in jest.
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #498 on: August 12, 2022, 04:52:09 pm »
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #499 on: August 12, 2022, 05:05:53 pm »
 But but but there is still the emails and the laptop…  so grift away..
T.Rex

Starsky

« Reply #500 on: August 13, 2022, 11:15:28 am »
Good summary.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-indictment-over-mishandling-classified-222107255.html

I would love to see Trump in jail for 15 years
Would we see widespread looting and disorder?
Could a future -shudder- Republican president pardon him?

Mobius

« Reply #501 on: August 13, 2022, 11:51:55 am »
Dude has all the leverage so nothing will happen. He’s got all the state secrets and his affiliates have all the other secrets. You try to take him down he will take everyone down with him.  It will take a massive profile in courage to follow through - and the cast of characters here like Garland, Biden, Wray and whoever else have no will to do it. So enjoy the show but it’s more of the same.

Starsky

« Reply #502 on: August 13, 2022, 12:38:28 pm »
🐝 kill

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #503 on: August 14, 2022, 03:28:47 am »
did something last night that i hadn't in a while: listened to Brooks and Capehart.  they pointed out that we are headed for a collision between the judicial and political systems.  it's going to take months and month before trump is charged, and he's going to fight and delay the proceedings as much as he can - possibly so it stretches into GOP primaries and, heaven forbid, the general election.  what then?  how are conservatives going to react if trump is cruising along in the primaries but suddenly gets hauled away?  what if he goes down during the general?  imagine if he's in the lead, the forecasted winner in 2024 - how is the right going to react? 

imagine if trump's DOJ arrested biden in early 2020 on some (perceived) flimsy charges - there would have been riots in the streets.  now imagine that those rioters all have guns... 
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #504 on: August 14, 2022, 10:57:02 am »
David Brooks = worst political pundit in the country. (*)

(*) tie with Thomas Friedman

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #505 on: August 14, 2022, 10:04:08 pm »
I see your Brooks (and Friedman) and raise you a Mark Thiessen.
😐 🎶

Starsky

« Reply #506 on: August 15, 2022, 01:01:59 am »
I see your Brooks (and Friedman) and raise you a Mark Thiessen.

Ok great point.

I am not including self-evident party hacks but should have added that caveat.

Thiessen is a joke.

Brooks and Friedman have been proven wrong so many times but I do think they actually believe what they are saying or writing when they do so…..

Guys like Thiessen I think are aware they are writing drivel and propaganda.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #507 on: August 15, 2022, 01:13:11 pm »
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #508 on: August 15, 2022, 05:05:16 pm »
David Brooks = worst political pundit in the country. (*)

really?  i often don't agree with his right-of-center POVs but they're generally well-reasoned and defensible, IMO.

but beyond dismissing his arguments in toto, any thoughts on what would happen if a front-running candidate trump gets convicted and jailed?  the potential for another J6-type uprising/insurrection seems really, really high.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #509 on: August 15, 2022, 05:09:41 pm »
so not only do MAGAts want to defund the FBI, they also want to label it a terrorist organization:

"Kevin Smith, a Republican running for the U.S. Senate in New Hampshire, was booed on Sunday while answering questions about whether he supports a proposal to dismantle the FBI or label the bureau a terrorist organization." (source)

jesus h.  i can't even.
<sig>