Author Topic: Lolla stream & commentary thread  (Read 9411 times)

atomicfront

Re: Lolla stream & commentary thread
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2013, 03:59:05 pm »
actually, over the past few years most of the larger festivals have streamed. Bonnaroo was the only one that did this year so far (and the was nil to none). Sad there was no Coachella or Sasquatch and I don't think Newport did either...I figured it was lack of money.

Newport streamed.  Here is the streams if you want to see them:

http://www.npr.org/series/newport-folk-festival/

vansmack

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2013, 07:01:45 pm »
I hate myself for enjoying this Imagine Dragon's set.  OK, not really - I don't hate myself at all.

Full Band Drum solo!
27>34

eltee

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2013, 12:31:50 am »
Thanks, funny, I just located the NPR Newport videos...

I'm in love with Band of Horses now...

Imagine Dragons wasn't that bad kinda liked better than the Killers except I think ID needs a little bit more grit...QOTSA feed sucked for me unfortunately, I gave up. Killers are all right but it's weird, I like lead singers to play guitars...Anyway, Band of Horses!!! (and I don't think it's billing priority...who knows how they select, I think Friday's line up was pretty good. Sat....I didn't log into watch until late so I missed the National...and Postal Service which I'm bummed about.)

atomicfront

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 09:44:58 am »
Thanks, funny, I just located the NPR Newport videos...

I'm in love with Band of Horses now...

Imagine Dragons wasn't that bad kinda liked better than the Killers except I think ID needs a little bit more grit...QOTSA feed sucked for me unfortunately, I gave up. Killers are all right but it's weird, I like lead singers to play guitars...Anyway, Band of Horses!!! (and I don't think it's billing priority...who knows how they select, I think Friday's line up was pretty good. Sat....I didn't log into watch until late so I missed the National...and Postal Service which I'm bummed about.)

Band of Horses hasn't put out anything good since the lead singer guy replaced all the members. He must be a real azzhole.  But a couple of years ago when they opened for MMJ at MPP I really didn't understand why they weren't headliners and MMJ were the openers.

vansmack

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2013, 01:04:46 pm »
I've been a long time BoH fan and have always enjoyed them live.  Their stream was incredibly clear for me too, which was awesome.

I watched most of Saturday too and thought Postal Service were the best.  I almost wish I had made the trip just for that.
27>34

eltee

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 09:31:31 pm »
I definitely see what you all have been saying re: BoH. And, oh right - that's the band you all were talking about where the band was replaced. Lead singer did seem a bit tough. I just really dug their sound and show. I'll be on board if they come through town!
Dang, wish I had seen PS. Totally forgot to log on to watch.
The Killers, I couldn't put my finger on it until the end of their set...While decent performers and sound, I think musically they are better than their lyrics which are basic and just repeated. (and I'm a less lyrics based person then I was in the 90s. It's generally more about sound for me these days. I'm not sure I'd listen to Killers all the time going forward. BoH - yes! So glad I finally heard/saw what some of you have been saying!) I didn't watch any of Sunday, although I wanted to see Phoenix. Instead, I watched The Killing...which was a little ho hum after a great season.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 09:33:45 pm by eltee »

vansmack

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2013, 05:32:45 pm »
Outside Lands is streaming two feeds today:

http://www.ustream.tv/outsidelands
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2014, 02:55:55 pm »
so they're streaming a bunch of shows from Grant Park this weekend, again:

http://www.lollapalooza.com/2014/2014-lolla-livestream-schedule/

personally, isn't much that i'm too interested in.  wouldn't mind catching temper trap, cut copy, trombone shorty and a few others... but not many others. 
<sig>

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2014, 01:40:53 pm »
I don't know, this is a pretty impressive line up
I hate festivals though, but I hate listening to live streams of live music even more
slack