Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1176677 times)

hutch

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #1275 on: March 20, 2013, 07:35:31 pm »

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #1276 on: March 20, 2013, 10:19:24 pm »
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--gay-fan-asks-jacksonville-jaguars-to-end-kiss-cam--joke--210850596.html

REALLY?  This is what you want to fight a battle over?  Some people are just too thin skinned.  Get a fucking life already.

really?  this is what you feel the need to vent about?

Ratbastard searches the news to find articles where anyone who either get in trouble for racial, sexual, handicap, or gender intolerance or someone who complains about any of those and he posts it on here for us to enjoy.   And he add his opinion that of course will be the opposite of what any one else will think on the subject.

If thinking that makes you happy then by all means keep on thinking it, but the story had nothing to do with intolerance in any way shape or form.
This is all about your intolerance of people that are hyper-sensitive to intolerance.  Get over it. 

What?
FUKIT

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1277 on: March 21, 2013, 08:46:41 am »
Top Ten Awesomely Absurd and Absurdly Awesome Clutch Lyrics

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2013/03/the_top_ten_awesomely_absurd_a.php

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1278 on: March 21, 2013, 09:21:14 am »
<sig>

atomicfront

« Reply #1279 on: March 21, 2013, 11:29:59 am »
Do people on here only like Clutch because they are from DC?  I would think this would be a band that most people on here would normally hate. 

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1280 on: March 21, 2013, 02:48:41 pm »
I'll let someone else take this one ;)
T.Rex

nkotb

« Reply #1281 on: March 21, 2013, 02:52:28 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tIzP3Te05E

Do people on here only like Clutch because they are from DC?  I would think this would be a band that most people on here would normally hate. 

Yada

« Reply #1282 on: March 21, 2013, 03:09:32 pm »

I've listened to less than three minutes of Clutch in my life and didn't enjoy it.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1283 on: March 21, 2013, 03:12:40 pm »
I'm not sure I've ever really even heard a Clutch song before, but it doesn't seem like the kind of thing I'd enjoy.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1284 on: March 21, 2013, 03:13:38 pm »
I would think this would be a band that most people on here would normally hate. 

in all seriousness, why would you think that?  do you think most people on the board don't like sludgy blues rock?  

sure, folks blather on about that band with the glockenspiel or some other band as being "social stage art"... but deep down, we all like the rock.  and for some people, clutch brings the rock.  we're lucky in that they're a local band, and get to see them often, so they have a strong local following.
<sig>

Relaxer

« Reply #1285 on: March 21, 2013, 03:25:05 pm »
My issue had been that the little I'd heard from them reminded me of Deftones, Korn and other nu-funk-metal bands that I don't care for. But the new one is straight-ahead RAWK and I like it. I don't much like the singer, I have to admit, but the songs are good, the band sounds good and it's fun.
oword

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #1286 on: March 21, 2013, 03:25:45 pm »
heard about them on this forum. saw their short set at the 30th anniversary show. enjoyed them.  saw them again in a headlining show in NY and they were great.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #1287 on: March 21, 2013, 03:33:36 pm »
I should give them a chance, someday.

James Ford

« Reply #1288 on: March 21, 2013, 03:34:53 pm »
Clutch makes the kind of music my wife would never, ever allowed to be played in her house. Fortunately, they make the kind of music I myself would never listen to in my house (or car).

However, I can say that I caught them for about one song at the 9:30 anniversary show, and found them quite captivating in a live setting. Don't know if I'd want to endure them for 90 minutes though.

K8teebug

« Reply #1289 on: March 21, 2013, 03:35:31 pm »
I should give them a chance, someday.

Me too.  I just have never been able to get into them.