Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1176688 times)

atomicfront

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #1290 on: March 21, 2013, 04:02:02 pm »
Clutch makes the kind of music my wife would never, ever allowed to be played in her house. Fortunately, they make the kind of music I myself would never listen to in my house (or car).

However, I can say that I caught them for about one song at the 9:30 anniversary show, and found them quite captivating in a live setting. Don't know if I'd want to endure them for 90 minutes though.

funny that you wife controls what music your allowed to listen to in the house.

hutch

« Reply #1291 on: March 21, 2013, 04:38:27 pm »
Clutch makes the kind of music my wife would never, ever allowed to be played in her house. Fortunately, they make the kind of music I myself would never listen to in my house (or car).

However, I can say that I caught them for about one song at the 9:30 anniversary show, and found them quite captivating in a live setting. Don't know if I'd want to endure them for 90 minutes though.

sounds like she also controls him at shows... he was only allowed to catch one song!

Relaxer

« Reply #1292 on: March 21, 2013, 04:42:08 pm »
A man who is dickless in his own house often takes out his rage and aggression in other forums such as  Internet message boards. I am speaking generically.
oword

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1293 on: March 21, 2013, 06:06:25 pm »
clutch is scary.  the way swans, are scary.

James Ford

« Reply #1294 on: March 21, 2013, 08:03:06 pm »
Why is that funny? It's called respecting you partners wishes and sensibilities. maybe if you learned how to do it, you'd still be on your first marriage.  ;)

When I'm the one who picks 90% of the music that is played and 95% of the Netflix choices (because I'm the one who does the research for both), I think she deserves veto rights, don't you?

« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 08:46:37 pm by James Ford »

James Ford

« Reply #1295 on: March 21, 2013, 08:04:13 pm »
She wasn't at the show. I was down the the Back Bar for most of their set.

sounds like she also controls him at shows... he was only allowed to catch one song!

atomicfront

« Reply #1296 on: March 22, 2013, 12:31:05 am »
Why is that funny? It's called respecting you partners wishes and sensibilities. maybe if you learned how to do it, you'd still be on your first marriage.  ;)

When I'm the one who picks 90% of the music that is played and 95% of the Netflix choices (because I'm the one who does the research for both), I think she deserves veto rights, don't you?

well sadly I didn't learn how to respect my partners wishes.. now i am forced to be with a women 15 years younger,6 inches taller ,much more attractive and smarter. 

Anyway I let my wife play whatever she wants.  So she should let me play whatever music I want. I mean if I have to listen to Richard Thompson and the Dawes I should be able to listen to Sweet, T-Rex, and Erasure if I want. 

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #1297 on: March 22, 2013, 12:51:41 am »

Anyway I let my wife play whatever she wants.  So she should let me play whatever music I want. I mean if I have to listen to Richard Thompson and the Dawes I should be able to listen to Sweet, T-Rex, and Erasure if I want. 

Wait, I'm confused. I thought these were has beens.  ;D

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1298 on: March 22, 2013, 06:38:47 am »
and Marc Bolan is certainly pasted his prime, dude hasn't released anything new in 35+ years... Although he and Tupac have something in common.
T.Rex

azaghal1981

« Reply #1299 on: March 22, 2013, 08:06:12 am »
Lollerskates

P.S. Guns kill people.
احمد

atomicfront

« Reply #1300 on: March 22, 2013, 09:46:23 am »

Wait, I'm confused. I thought these were has beens.  ;D

I am not paying 150 bucks to see them in concert I am listening to their best stuff on the turntable.  I listen to the Smiths albums from time to time as well.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1301 on: March 22, 2013, 09:49:14 am »
you listen to erasure?

atomicfront

« Reply #1302 on: March 22, 2013, 10:01:57 am »
you listen to erasure?

"Listen"?  More like "Dance and Sing along"

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1303 on: March 22, 2013, 10:12:39 am »
as a man lover . . . i assumed i was supposed to like them.  but i think they are horrible.  horrible like cher, horrible like elton john, horrible like most other "gay acts" including barry manilow, who was "outed" sort of on stern last week.

hutch

« Reply #1304 on: March 22, 2013, 10:24:51 am »
I was living in Argentina about 1988 and Erasure had 7 out of the top 10 songs on the radio.. the country went bananas over them...for a few months its all you heard... then they showed up and everyone was like "WHOA NELLY! Men in spandex tights WTF?"