Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1176731 times)

hutch

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #1695 on: July 18, 2013, 11:06:22 am »
Has anyone done general admission standing for a show at the Hamilton?  Sight angles, sound OK?  How far from the stage is this "GA bar area"?  Can you see from a bar stool, if there are any?

ok this is all IMHO and based on one show a long while ago:

I think the sound is fabulous everywhere...its not that far..sight lines are great if you're in the front of the bar area.. otherwise you might have people in your way... there is a good amount of border real estate (ie, with view) and two GA bar areas.. the lower one I think is better... I don't really think you'd see much from a bar stool of which there are some

I would pretty much only catch a show from the GA bar area myself as I hate sitting and ordering a meal when i am at a concert.. what i find is that at some shows one can eventually just move to the very front in front of the stage and dance there and nobody cares..maybe not right at the beginning.. so i guess i think the play is to hang out at the GA bar area and then if people are dancing move to the very front..

hope this helps somewhat

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1696 on: July 18, 2013, 11:18:34 am »
Hoping my plan of running 18 miles that morning doesn't interfere with the standing room GA plan I just hatched....

James Ford

« Reply #1697 on: July 18, 2013, 11:26:00 am »
Unless you like being in the back at a show and are as tall as atomicfront, the GA bar area is probably the worst ticket in the house at the Hamilton.

The food is marginally better at the Hamilton than at the Birchmere. But there aren't any food purchase requirements for sitting at the tables at either of those venues.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1698 on: July 18, 2013, 11:44:37 am »
I agree GA is just OK for the Hamilton.  At least at the show I was at the last row of tables in front of Ga seemed to chatty people at them. 
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #1699 on: July 18, 2013, 12:01:56 pm »
Unless you like being in the back at a show and are as tall as atomicfront, the GA bar area is probably the worst ticket in the house at the Hamilton.

The food is marginally better at the Hamilton than at the Birchmere. But there aren't any food purchase requirements for sitting at the tables at either of those venues.

seriously?

I had a super delicious burger where they put cheese in the middle..

James Ford

« Reply #1700 on: July 18, 2013, 12:05:15 pm »
saying the food is marginally better than the Birchmere is not exactly an endorsement. we had a pizza, which was ok. my finicky daughter ate it.

seriously?

hutch

« Reply #1701 on: July 18, 2013, 12:10:29 pm »
saying the food is marginally better than the Birchmere is not exactly an endorsement. we had a pizza, which was ok. my finicky daughter ate it.

seriously?

i don't get it... i thought you were putting down the food at the hamilton

the hamburger i had was incredible... i thought the food was supposed to be good at the hamilton what with the old ebbit owning it and all..

i agree the GA areas are worse than the others.... but they're better if you like to have access to the bar etc.. and it tends to cost a bit less.. i like standing at shows

just my 2 cents

James Ford

« Reply #1702 on: July 18, 2013, 12:14:39 pm »
The food menu in the upstairs area looked pretty good online...i haven't eaten there.

The food menu downstairs in the performance area is more limited. Especially for vegetarians. Like I said, we had pizza, which was ok, but didn't measure up to some of the other pizza places around town.

hutch

« Reply #1703 on: July 18, 2013, 12:16:02 pm »
The food menu in the upstairs area looked pretty good online...i haven't eaten there.

The food menu downstairs in the performance area is more limited. Especially for vegetarians. Like I said, we had pizza, which was ok, but didn't measure up to some of the other pizza places around town.
gotta go

atomicfront

« Reply #1704 on: July 18, 2013, 02:42:14 pm »
I don't get why people are upset about this Zimmerman thing at all.  After finally getting a chance to read about the case there is no way any unbiased jury would convict him.  Other kid has been suspended from school three times was currently suspended.  School found jewelry and screw driver in his bag. Was walking suspiciously around the neighborhood.  Zimmerman called the police and was in contact with police when incident went down.  Zimmerman was beaten and had called for help 9 times during the incident. 

I think people are racist who wan't Zimmerman arrested.  His Hispanic hertitage I guess they put in with all the illegal aliens that they hate so much. 

Yada

« Reply #1705 on: July 18, 2013, 02:44:05 pm »

I'd eat elsewhere... when a restaurant serves sushi and pizza on the same menu, something ain't right.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1706 on: July 18, 2013, 02:46:28 pm »
I don't get why people are upset about this Zimmerman thing at all.  After finally getting a chance to read about the case there is no way any unbiased jury would convict him.  Other kid has been suspended from school three times was currently suspended.  School found jewelry and screw driver in his bag. Was walking suspiciously around the neighborhood.  Zimmerman called the police and was in contact with police when incident went down.  Zimmerman was beaten and had called for help 9 times during the incident. 

I think people are racist who wan't Zimmerman arrested.  His Hispanic hertitage I guess they put in with all the illegal aliens that they hate so much. 

Nope. Not trolling. Not at all.
😐 🎶

Yada

« Reply #1707 on: July 18, 2013, 02:49:59 pm »

I think you need the script friend.

atomicfront

« Reply #1708 on: July 18, 2013, 02:54:14 pm »

Ridiculous statement.  Unless I was on the kids parents facebook posting this it is not trolling.

atomicfront

« Reply #1709 on: July 18, 2013, 02:55:15 pm »

I'd eat elsewhere... when a restaurant serves sushi and pizza on the same menu, something ain't right.

Looking at he menu and the schedule I would say the Restaurant looks like a better bet.  I will take the pan-seared swordfish.