Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1176689 times)

killsaly

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #2160 on: October 02, 2013, 08:20:55 pm »
https://www.facebook.com/chuckpalahniuk/posts/10151737107719926

Chuck was doing a street teaming thing for his upcoming book tour, involving stickers, and he shared one of my pictures.  I have a few more that didnt get posted, and I hope to do that soon.

James Ford

« Reply #2161 on: October 03, 2013, 08:32:49 pm »
Is anybody a little bit outraged that Capitol police shot and killed an unarmed woman with her little kid in her car?

hutch

« Reply #2162 on: October 03, 2013, 08:41:10 pm »
Is anybody a little bit outraged that Capitol police shot and killed an unarmed woman with her little kid in her car?

I don't know the circumstances but I AM..

I sent a tweet to that effect about an hour or two

Having said that.. I dont' know what exactly happened..

James Ford

« Reply #2163 on: October 03, 2013, 08:59:14 pm »
And the Congress loudly cheered them for it...

Though I'm not sure they paid them for it. (?)

I don't know the circumstances but I AM..

I sent a tweet to that effect about an hour or two

Having said that.. I dont' know what exactly happened..

Yada

« Reply #2164 on: October 03, 2013, 09:40:37 pm »

Not at all. Don't drive your car into barriers and attempt to run over police officers. Seems simple enough.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2165 on: October 03, 2013, 10:09:13 pm »
i had a nice fire in my back yard.  the night sky full of stars and life outside of my own open for me to view, study, think on with smiles and blinking eyes to all of it.  so many planes in the high sky, so many lights not making sense, west ward bound.  helicopter training path going by, close to ground with spotlights.  awesome.  a damn possum came right up to me and just sat there.  sat there staring.  he knew that it was a moment of animal human connection, me not caring, just sharing living brainwaves.  i can hear nothing out here.  your cities mean nothing to me.

Yada

« Reply #2166 on: October 03, 2013, 10:27:14 pm »
i had a nice fire in my back yard.  the night sky full of stars and life outside of my own open for me to view, study, think on with smiles and blinking eyes to all of it.  so many planes in the high sky, so many lights not making sense, west ward bound.  helicopter training path going by, close to ground with spotlights.  awesome.  a damn possum came right up to me and just sat there.  sat there staring.  he knew that it was a moment of animal human connection, me not caring, just sharing living brainwaves.  i can hear nothing out here.  your cities mean nothing to me.

B-

James Ford

« Reply #2167 on: October 04, 2013, 08:17:16 am »
Police wouldn't behave that badly in other more civilized countries. Like Germany.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/global/2012/05/german-police-used-only-85-bullets-against-people-2011/52162/

Not at all. Don't drive your car into barriers and attempt to run over police officers. Seems simple enough.

Yada

« Reply #2168 on: October 04, 2013, 08:39:13 am »
Police wouldn't behave that badly in other more civilized countries. Like Germany.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/global/2012/05/german-police-used-only-85-bullets-against-people-2011/52162/

How do you feel it should've been handled? Also, when is the last time a German citizen tried to ram their car into a barricade of the President's home?

hutch

« Reply #2169 on: October 04, 2013, 09:08:58 am »

How do you feel it should've been handled? Also, when is the last time a German citizen tried to ram their car into a barricade of the President's home?

You're right man.. they had to shoot to kill...also from the way they describe what happened, which is really credible cause they are pigs i mean cops, it was the only option... she was bumping against stuff...

just be sure if you're walking and a cop yells out to you that you turn around..otherwise they might have justifiable reason to kill you.

hutch

« Reply #2170 on: October 04, 2013, 09:10:18 am »
I love the way people defend a police state....

I remember when we could drive down Penn. Ave.. I remember when we could walk down the capitol steps..

but hey of course its better for the pols not to have to come into contact with the unwashed masses...

Yada

« Reply #2171 on: October 04, 2013, 09:23:31 am »

You're right man.. they had to shoot to kill...also from the way they describe what happened, which is really credible cause they are pigs i mean cops, it was the only option... she was bumping against stuff...

just be sure if you're walking and a cop yells out to you that you turn around..otherwise they might have justifiable reason to kill you.

"just be sure if you're walking and a cop yells out to you that you turn around..otherwise they might have justifiable reason to kill you."

Very similar situation to ramming your car into a barricade at the white house. Too bad she didn't have a bomb in her car  and blow up a whole city block. That would've been great!

hutch

« Reply #2172 on: October 04, 2013, 09:25:16 am »

"just be sure if you're walking and a cop yells out to you that you turn around..otherwise they might have justifiable reason to kill you."

Very similar situation to ramming your car into a barricade at the white house. Too bad she didn't have a bomb in her car  and blow up a whole city block. That would've been great!

You know whats too bad man.. a little kid without a mommie is too bad and that ain't no fiction unlike your imaginary scenario cause you know what? she didn't have a bomb... but she did have a kid.

Yada

« Reply #2173 on: October 04, 2013, 09:26:53 am »

You know whats too bad man.. a little kid without a mommie is too bad and that ain't no fiction unlike your imaginary scenario cause you know what? she didn't have a bomb... but she did have a kid.

And obviously not mentally stable enough to be raising a child, sounds like a very stable mom.

hutch

« Reply #2174 on: October 04, 2013, 09:35:46 am »

And obviously not mentally stable enough to be raising a child, sounds like a very stable mom.

oh good so you're saying the cops did the girl a favor? i guess if people aren't mentally stable they should be shot..

I can't speak to her mental stability... I know that sometimes people have issues in life and they get help and then they are fine..

Of course if they are shot dead , well, there's no helping them there....