Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1176664 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #2355 on: November 19, 2013, 01:26:07 pm »
haha no, just responded to the "It's official" headline.

4th sounds about right.
(_|_)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2356 on: November 19, 2013, 01:26:30 pm »
(_|_)

killsaly

« Reply #2357 on: November 19, 2013, 01:52:34 pm »
 ;D
(edited)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 01:56:54 pm by killsaly »

vansmack

« Reply #2358 on: November 19, 2013, 01:57:59 pm »
does DC even have a gay urban beach?  ::)

P between 22nd and 23rd was called "The Beach" when I was still living there.

EDIT:  Just saw Chaz'z quote:

P Street Beach

As far as your Dolores Park call, I just took two couples from Colorado there this weekend and they were amazed at the world's greatest social experiment that is Dolores Park.  Anything goes, self-policed bacchanalian party.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 02:02:08 pm by vansmack »
27>34

Yada

« Reply #2359 on: November 19, 2013, 02:00:08 pm »
does DC even have a gay urban beach?  ::)

P between 22nd and 23rd was called "The Beach" when I was still living there.

No, that was Power Bottom Avenue.

« Reply #2360 on: November 19, 2013, 02:26:22 pm »
oh hell no. SF still hands down....does DC even have a gay urban beach?  ::)

http://sanfrancisco.gaycities.com/beaches/50048-dolores-park

It's official
New York Times calls D.C. ?the gayest place in America.?

...I do miss spending an afternoon on the hill at Dolores Park.  Does anyone have a freaking job in that city.  On a Tuesday at 3PM the park will be packed with people. 
slack

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #2361 on: November 19, 2013, 03:50:03 pm »
RE 150 year anniversary of Gettysburg Address: Such a long tradition of using the word "freedom" where it doesn't belong....I mean it sounds great but its just a load of baloney fed to little schoolchildren isn't it? How else other than "freedom" could we explain the hundreds of thousands of our dead?... the southern states wanted their freedom (of course we disagree with their position on slavery but, again, another inconvenient myth: that the Civil War was about freeing the slaves) and Lincoln said no and went into a brutal war to force them to stay in the union against their will.. I mean tell it to the South that the Civil War was about "government of the people, by the people, for the people..."!  The idea that the States could not leave the Union once they joined it, to me, seems absolutely nonsensical..and then Lincoln couches that as "freedom"?  I can imagine telling the representatives to the Constitutional Convention, northern or southern, that once their states ratified the constitution they would not be able to ever leave no matter what!.. they would have laughed all the way back home! Hats off though to Old Abe for being so determined and keeping the Union together at such a high cost... we can celebrate but to think it was about freedom or slaves is just a bit much...

I feel you, man.  I felt the EXACT same way reading all those Lou Reed obits.

Brian

vansmack

« Reply #2362 on: November 19, 2013, 04:30:30 pm »
On a Tuesday at 3PM the park will be packed with people. 

Having lived on both coasts, I much prefer the work to live philosophy of the west coast over the live to work philosophy of the east coast.
27>34

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #2363 on: November 19, 2013, 05:13:06 pm »

Having lived on both coasts, I much prefer the work to live philosophy of the west coast over the live to work philosophy of the east coast.

Say "Hi!" to Jerry for me, hippy.  This country is as great as it is because of it's "east coast work ethic."  If America worked like they do on the west coast, we'd be France.  Even God hates that sort of laziness.  We don't have landslides or wildfires or bands like Green Day and No Doubt or earthquakes on the east coast, now do we?

Brian

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2364 on: November 19, 2013, 05:16:16 pm »
what brought you out of hiding?  what do you look like?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2365 on: November 19, 2013, 05:24:12 pm »
and what are you wearing?
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2366 on: November 19, 2013, 05:26:27 pm »
tell us . . . slowly.  hold on, let me make sure my other hand is ready.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2367 on: November 19, 2013, 05:28:34 pm »

god damn yes.  dc and this whole area sucks in this way.  this is why i'm getting the hell out.

i'm not even going to comment on that drivel brian posted
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 05:30:36 pm by chaz »

atomic

« Reply #2368 on: November 19, 2013, 06:08:44 pm »

Say "Hi!" to Jerry for me, hippy.  This country is as great as it is because of it's "east coast work ethic."  If America worked like they do on the west coast, we'd be France.  Even God hates that sort of laziness.  We don't have landslides or wildfires or bands like Green Day and No Doubt or earthquakes on the east coast, now do we?

Brian

What is wrong with France they get 30 days of vacation miinimum a year and what do they have a 35 hour work week?  They have a lot less violence and lot less people living below the poverty line. 

My cousin in Germany told me he gets 8 weeks vacation.   And Germany is certainly better run than this country.  I mean it isn't even close. 

And this country is pretty messed up.  Certainly you can see that.  The income inequality, the poverty, the long work schedules.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2369 on: November 19, 2013, 06:20:12 pm »
I'm all for a good work ethic.  I really am.  I'd say at all the jobs I've had in my professional career I've been among the hardest workers.

But people in this city have their heads shoved so far up their lawyering/non-profiting/marketing/branding/politicing/lobbying asses they can't see the forest through the trees.

I'm always struck when I visit other areas how people NEVER ask me what I do for a living.  That's all people think about here.  When people around here talk about all the long hours they work it's like they are bragging.  All I can think is "you poor stupid bastard".

Besides all that, the completely ridiculous cost of housing and the miserable traffic, it's a lovely area. 

But I'm checking out soon.