Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1176663 times)

James Ford

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #2400 on: November 22, 2013, 06:02:59 pm »
Pretty sure our chain hotel purchased on Hotwire room was located in Urine, the last time I was in SF, maybe 8 (?) years ago.

While there, someone got into the hotel and broke into a guest room and stabbed a guest. Here's the police report:

http://sf-police.org/index.aspx?page=2024

Some great maps of San Francisco.  I lived in Lesbians for a while
maps of SF

« Reply #2401 on: November 22, 2013, 06:12:03 pm »
Pretty sure our chain hotel purchased on Hotwire room was located in Urine, the last time I was in SF, maybe 8 (?) years ago.

Some great maps of San Francisco.  I lived in Lesbians for a while
maps of SF
you'd be surprised how much they cleaned up Urine in the last 8 years
slack

Yada

« Reply #2402 on: November 22, 2013, 06:19:27 pm »
I just stayed in the outskirts of the loin' this past summer, walky would've been shaken in his chaps.

killsaly

« Reply #2403 on: November 22, 2013, 06:35:39 pm »
If anyone else is participating in the Elder Scrolls Online Beta this weekend, I will be playing using the same name I use on here, let's quest!

vansmack

« Reply #2404 on: November 22, 2013, 06:39:36 pm »
maps of SF

Nice.

I've moved clear across Shut-ins (2003-2009), to White Dreadlocks (2009-2013), and am now in Yelp (2013), with few hipsters (but they're coming), more yuppies than that map shows, a ton of Asians (medicine), only dogs pooping on the sidewalk, somewhere around the $2-2500k per bedroom, 10-24% of income on rent, Twitter through the roof on a strong LTE signal, no fog, 1.56-1.42 heat vulnerability though a seismic nightmare, 10-17% voted to ban same-sex marriage (though I lived in less than 10% at the time), no grafitti or violent crime and no parking problem (save for ball game nights), lots of walk-run-bike, probably because there's no Mario BART.
27>34

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2405 on: November 22, 2013, 09:43:08 pm »
If anyone else is participating in the Elder Scrolls Online Beta this weekend, I will be playing using the same name I use on here, let's quest!

awesome

killsaly

« Reply #2406 on: November 22, 2013, 11:29:04 pm »
Well, other than the fact that the realm keeps crashing and I have yet to play the game...

atomic

« Reply #2408 on: November 22, 2013, 11:49:40 pm »
I just stayed in the outskirts of the loin' this past summer, walky would've been shaken in his chaps.

I went to a convention once in San Francisco and my trip was scheduled at the last minute.  My hotel was in the Tenderloin.  After getting there I tried to change hotels but every other hotel was booked.  I booked another  3 days for myself at a cheaper hotel before I left which was so much nicer.  But the Tenderloin hotel was as you walked towards it every block smelled more urine than the block before.  It was kind of amazing that I found the one place to stay in SF that sucked..  My coworkers who had reserved earlier were in a swank hotel. 

atomic

« Reply #2409 on: November 22, 2013, 11:57:06 pm »
maps of SF

Nice.

I've moved clear across Shut-ins (2003-2009), to White Dreadlocks (2009-2013), and am now in Yelp (2013), with few hipsters (but they're coming), more yuppies than that map shows, a ton of Asians (medicine), only dogs pooping on the sidewalk, somewhere around the $2-2500k per bedroom, 10-24% of income on rent, Twitter through the roof on a strong LTE signal, no fog, 1.56-1.42 heat vulnerability though a seismic nightmare, 10-17% voted to ban same-sex marriage (though I lived in less than 10% at the time), no grafitti or violent crime and no parking problem (save for ball game nights), lots of walk-run-bike, probably because there's no Mario BART.

It is amazing that so many pay 50 percent of their salary towards rent.  I think that is a good sign you need to move.  If you pay that much you aren't getting paid enough to live in that area.  So eiher move to a place where you make more or go to a place that is cheaper.   Also by putting in such a stupid position they are causing rents and house prices to be higher for everyone else.  Really if you are paying more than 25 percent of your salary to your housing you are overpaying.

I pay 4.8 percent of my salary to mortgage.   It is funny two blocks away the same houses are twice as much. Stupid school districts.  I guess if I had kids I would just send them to private school or pretend my kids live somehwhere else.  It is really awful how poor people have to send their kids to shitty schools.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2410 on: November 25, 2013, 11:33:25 am »
miley cyrus . . . me,ow

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #2411 on: November 27, 2013, 11:24:32 am »

« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 11:27:19 am by beetsnotbeats »
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2412 on: December 04, 2013, 01:11:13 pm »
coming to theaters in 2014: "X-Men: Days of Future Past" (trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCMOxznXodA)

worse movie title ever?
<sig>

shemptiness

« Reply #2413 on: December 04, 2013, 01:47:01 pm »
coming to theaters in 2014: "X-Men: Days of Future Past" (trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCMOxznXodA)

worse movie title ever?

'Disagree' say the Moody Blues.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #2414 on: December 04, 2013, 02:38:11 pm »

worse movie title ever?

"And if you think peace is a common goal..."

That's actually the title of the storyline it's based on.  And it's generally considered one of the best storylines ever in a popular comic book.

"Kid A" or "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" are dumb names too if you ignore the context.

Brian