Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1176662 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #3270 on: February 21, 2014, 10:38:09 am »
Darrell McNeill
17 hours ago · Edited
Dear Fishbone Facebook Liars:

Regarding the $1.4 million judgment against Angelo Moore and Fishbone for the unfortunate accident involving a woman who got caught on the wrong end of a stage dive, I simply say this:

This is serious business. Please cut the bullshit.

Seriously. Cut. The. Bullshit.

You really don't know what the hell you're talking about. And your "born-again" devotion to the band doesn't track with your piss-poor support over the last decade, if you were ever truly fans at all.

For one, STOP TROLLING THE VICTIM. All you?re doing is making a sensitive situation even worse for the band. She can make an additional and legitimate claim of aggravated harassment. Your misdirected hostilities towards her avails nothing to anyone but lawyers.

Yes, I get it that Fishbone shows inherently mean stage-diving. I've been to enough Fishbone shows in my life to know you play at your own risk. On a certain level, no, the entire onus can?t be placed on the band. BUT THAT IS NOT?as many have suggested?CAUSE TO BE CAVALIER ABOUT SAFETY. That's like saying if you go to a Meek Mill concert and if somebody pulls a gun, you should expect to get shot. Or if you go to a One Direction concert, you should expect to get trampled by a stampede of teenage girls. Or if you go to a Rick Ross show, you should expect to be date raped. Or if you go to a Macabra show, you should expect to be stomped on in the mosh pit. EVERYBODY HAS A RIGHT TO BE SAFE WHEREVER THEY GO, regardless. Bottom line, the law is what the law is...

Second?and, really, most important?WHERE WERE ALL YOU STAUNCH FISHBONE ADVOCATES DURING THE LEAN YEARS WHEN THE BAND WAS BARELY SCRAPING BY? I and colleagues of mine have booked or promoted Fishbone (or some iteration of the band) over the last decade and a half and, outside of free festivals or low cost club dates, HUGE numbers of you were M.I.A. Where were you when they had to scrape together barnstorm tours on their own dime? Where were you when they were dropped by major labels and forced to cobble together money or crowd source for EPs and albums just to have SOME type of current product out? Where were you when they had to take support or opening slots with lesser bands just to get out on the road? Where were you during the time detailed in ?Everyday Sunshine: The Story of Fishbone,? where the band was barely eking out an existence?

Did you even see the documentary? Did you get that these guys were dead broke and their catalogs are being held hostage by the major labels they recorded for? Were you paying attention or were you busy liking the band?s posts on Facebook, saying ?you?re going? to an event and later lapsing into reasons not to show up?

Social media is the ultimate tool for liars, cowards, sloths and jackasses. The currency of social media is to reshape our narratives and have them circle the globe a billion times before the truth catches up.

But, invariably, the truth DOES catch up. Money talks and bullshit walks.

If you REALLY are serious about helping the band?and for that matter, other Black rock bands fighting the good fight (Living Colour, bad brains, 24-7 Spyz, Tamar-kali, Meshell Ndegeocello and others), put your MONEY where your MOUTH is (or your keyboard). Pressure area promoters to the BOOK THE BAND WHERE YOU ARE! AND TURN OUT IN SIGNIFICANT NUMBERS! Buy the bands? records, ESPECIALLY THE INDEPENDENT RELEASES! Use your social media tools for good AND PROMOTE THE BAND?S PRODUCT AND SHOWS (instead of just passively ?liking? stuff). Fishbone is only going to overcome this GREATLY significant challenge with REAL WORLD DOLLARS, not posturing, threats and Facebook Monopoly Money!

And if you can?t get to that, I?m sorry. You?re nothing but a bunch of little lyin? ass bitches?

James Ford

« Reply #3271 on: February 21, 2014, 10:55:48 am »
Wow, DC and VA couldn't even make the 2.5 minute mark. How pathetic is that?

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/heres-a-map-that-shows-which-states-have-the-longest-a-1526564070

atomic

« Reply #3272 on: February 24, 2014, 06:27:33 pm »
Everything is awesome.  Everything is cool when you are part of a team.

Yada

« Reply #3273 on: February 27, 2014, 05:13:52 pm »
For the past six months I've been ordering things off of Amazon for free and not being billed.

I had a credit card that was hacked, which I then cancelled but it was kept in my Amazon profile for my billing and I never changed it. Anyway, I placed a small order and realized I was never charged and have ordered a few other misc. items over the course of a few months and still haven't been charged. No order has exceeded $100.

Do I go crazy and continue to order? Will it get noticed at some point or have I hit some random loophole that I'm not being billed?

Thoughts?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3274 on: February 27, 2014, 05:30:07 pm »
hail, to the thief.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3275 on: February 27, 2014, 05:58:42 pm »
What's the difference between Yada and the rest of us?  He's got cameras.

atomic

« Reply #3276 on: February 27, 2014, 06:03:50 pm »
For the past six months I've been ordering things off of Amazon for free and not being billed.

I had a credit card that was hacked, which I then cancelled but it was kept in my Amazon profile for my billing and I never changed it. Anyway, I placed a small order and realized I was never charged and have ordered a few other misc. items over the course of a few months and still haven't been charged. No order has exceeded $100.

Do I go crazy and continue to order? Will it get noticed at some point or have I hit some random loophole that I'm not being billed?

Thoughts?

Sure commit fraud.  I am sure they don't have access to this forum from prison so it is a win for all.

Yada

« Reply #3277 on: February 27, 2014, 06:04:50 pm »

Thoughts?

Sure commit fraud.  I am sure they don't have access to this forum from prison so it is a win for all.

loltomic

hutch

« Reply #3278 on: February 27, 2014, 06:24:11 pm »
as long as they are items you are willing to pay for i don't' seee the problem in ordering them..just be prepared for the bill to come due at once when they catch on...

Yada

« Reply #3279 on: February 27, 2014, 06:29:27 pm »
as long as they are items you are willing to pay for i don't' seee the problem in ordering them..just be prepared for the bill to come due at once when they catch on...

yeah, none of it has been superfluous at this point... would love to drop a few hundred bucks on random items, but I expect at some point they may catch it.. but who knows?

Sorry you're missing Malk tomorrow!

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3280 on: February 27, 2014, 06:52:24 pm »
Lewis Black is fucking funny as shit.
FUKIT

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3281 on: March 03, 2014, 12:53:11 pm »
and another thing . . . that new godzilla movie, looks awesome as hell, for a godzilla movie.  and i suspect, that the dude from breaking bad, will bring in the bucks.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3282 on: March 03, 2014, 12:56:48 pm »

Thoughts?
I don't understand why this would be a particularly appealing situation? Why don't you just buy what you want and charge it to your family's company as a business expense like normal people?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 01:02:57 pm by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #3284 on: March 03, 2014, 01:50:21 pm »
Lewis Black is fucking funny as shit.

And Louis Ck is the least funny person in the world.