Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1176736 times)

fatskippy

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #3375 on: May 08, 2014, 10:21:09 am »
Is the club's twitter run by a teenage girl? I like to use twitter for useful information, not "omg this band is amazeballs" type shit. It's getting to be excessive.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3376 on: May 08, 2014, 11:43:02 am »
I have often wondered the same thing and thought a Twitter parody account was in order.
T.Rex

Hexenjagd

« Reply #3377 on: May 08, 2014, 11:51:12 am »
These 930 Club tweets in reference to Haim don't do it for you?
@HAIMtheband loves DC. We love you too. #itfeltright #HAIM930

9:30 Club. Haim. Forever. #HAIM930 Here's lookin at you @theneedledrop

We're glad you're here @HAIMtheband #giveittimebabyhaim #HAIM930

I promise we won't run if you call our name. We are a building, after all. So it'd be difficult. #ifyoucallmyname #haim930

Who knew @HAIMtheband made trap beats? #haim930

@HAIMtheband 's bassist for most expressive face in music. #haim930

The best of Honey & I versions just happened. #guitarbreakdowns #haim930

Tenacious D cover just happened. Sex supreme jeans. #real #haim930

Jam sesh too strong. #haim930 pic.twitter.com/nXCoXUmyT1

It's all or nothing with @HAIMband tonight (meaning the crowd can almost not breath) #sardines #worth #haim930 pic.twitter.com/7Fw7FAcSDb

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3378 on: May 08, 2014, 12:23:49 pm »
These 930 Club tweets in reference to Haim don't do it for you?

seriously - this person didn't use "amazeballs" even once!  what's your problem?
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3379 on: May 08, 2014, 12:43:37 pm »
I understand the need for being a cheerleader for shows, etc... Certainly wouldn't expect to bag on bands via it.  But, they certainly do really get carried away for some shows. 

I found it amusing a couple years ago when they were excessively twitting about the MPP Gotye show, which can only guess was still under attended
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3380 on: May 09, 2014, 09:43:48 am »
i was being sarcastic, btw.  those tweets are at best lame, and at worse painful.  however we might not be the target demographic for that stream of teenage hype...
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3381 on: May 09, 2014, 10:21:54 am »
i was being sarcastic, btw.  those tweets are at best lame, and at worse painful.  however we might not be the target demographic for that stream of teenage hype...

Sometimes they make me  forget which demographic I'm in...these tweets make me feel so young again.

atomic

« Reply #3382 on: May 09, 2014, 10:24:22 am »
I unsubscribed from liking them on Facebook after a week.  Too many updates.  I guess they don't realize that you will get more attention to your communications if they are lower in number.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3383 on: May 09, 2014, 01:48:09 pm »
The National did similar Facebook/twitter spammery, especially about shows that weren't selling well. Also would do similar things hyping the announcement of upcoming shows (12 hours to the announcement... 9 hours to the announcement!, etc).

You know what I did? I replied to everyone of them with a comment about Foghat. If they announced they'd be announcing a concert soon, I'd go "Lord please let it be Foghat!" If they said tonites show is going to be awesome, I'd ask if Foghat was playing. If they wanted to know my favorite underselling bands song, I'd tell them it was Foghat's fool for the city. Etc. other people thought it was funny and started doing it too. After a few months, they cut way way back on the number of idiotic posts they made. I guess what I'm advising is spam the spammers, they'll get the message.
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3384 on: May 09, 2014, 02:12:38 pm »
to quote the greatest drag queen ever . . . miss lady bunny . . . i hooked up a camera in my bathroom; you can follow me on shitter.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺

Yada

« Reply #3387 on: May 13, 2014, 05:12:05 pm »
Killer deals to be had ($30 round trip flighs) out of Dulles if you're willing to travel on some shitty dates/times.

http://www.flyfrontier.com/specials

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #3388 on: May 16, 2014, 11:27:31 am »
Last week I accepted a job offer down in Raleigh. I start in two weeks and the family will join me July 1.

hutch

« Reply #3389 on: May 16, 2014, 11:51:39 am »
Last week I accepted a job offer down in Raleigh. I start in two weeks and the family will join me July 1.

well congratulations!...

you can be our raleigh durham mole much like betao and julian are our richmond ones..