Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1176727 times)

hutch

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #4095 on: October 24, 2014, 08:18:44 pm »
Like I'm sure a 73 year old woman who lives alone in a trailer park with her precious metals under her bed next to a trailer full of methheads would own a gun because she desires to feel powerful and macho.

the argument that "if you ban guns, only criminals will have them" is asinine.  if you follow that logic, there is no point in making anything illegal.  why make murder illegal?  only criminals will murder!  why making speeding illegal?  only speeders will speed!

newsflash: the reason why you make something illegal is to stop most from doing it, and to have a framework to punish those who don't.  just because it won't be 100% effective isn't a reason to not do it.

and to those idiots who claim "but we'll be less safe without our guns" - WAY more people are killed by gun accidents every year than are saved from home invasions (a complete bogeyman) or other instances where a gun was "needed for defense".

gun nuts need to admit something: they like guns because it makes them feel powerful.  which is fine, in abstract; but the toll guns extract on society makes this bit of machoism irresponsible and selfish.

exceptions don't disprove the rule!!!!!!!

James Ford

« Reply #4096 on: October 24, 2014, 08:37:26 pm »
Anybody else have a kid at home that takes dumps so huge that they clog the toilet?

Ah, the joys of parenthood.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #4097 on: October 24, 2014, 11:12:52 pm »
REALLY?  He got kicked out for THAT?  Wow what is this country coming to?  Oh wait a minute, never mind.

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/11756829/ted-bishop-removed-pga-america-president
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #4098 on: October 24, 2014, 11:29:48 pm »
I was pointing out that 'banning' something does not make that thing go away.  If you are not intelligent enough to recognize that fact then there really is no point having this discussion any further.  Enjoy your rose colored glasses.   Next!

actually, RB, there is no point in discussing intelligently with you.  if something isn't 100% effective there no point in doing it?  murders still happen, so we should just make it legal since it's going to happen anyways?  brilliant.

if we ban RB from the forum, we certainly wouldn't get rid of ALL the stupid posts, but it certainly would help.

But you surely would get rid of 99% of the well thought out and reasoned ones.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #4099 on: October 24, 2014, 11:31:01 pm »
gun nuts need to admit something: they like guns because it makes them feel powerful.  which is fine, in abstract; but the toll guns extract on society makes this bit of machoism irresponsible and selfish.

What exactly is a gun nut and what makes you think that you know why they like guns?
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #4100 on: October 24, 2014, 11:35:05 pm »
WAY more people are killed by gun accidents every year than are saved from home invasions (a complete bogeyman) or other instances where a gun was "needed for defense".sm irresponsible and selfish.

There is no way to quantify the number of lives saved by anything.  For instance we have no idea how many criminals may have chosen their victims because they knew that the particular person was unarmed.  I am not saying that this specific number is large/medium/small, I am merely saying it is unmeasurable and as such your comment has no basis in fact. 
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #4101 on: October 24, 2014, 11:36:36 pm »
Hey, no need to insult my intelligence.

My apologies, it was not intended as an insult.  I was attempting to point out that it appeared that you had entirely missed my point which I thought was plain and clear.  I try not to get ad hominem but alas as a human sometimes I screw that up.
FUKIT

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4102 on: October 25, 2014, 12:24:57 am »
REALLY?  He got kicked out for THAT?  Wow what is this country coming to? 

well we can agree on that.  it was in poor taste and an apology was in order... but impeached???

this all comes down to marketing.  the PGA's growth is going to come from women so a president that says something stupid about girls is a liability.
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #4103 on: October 25, 2014, 07:49:06 am »
To me, handguns are like abortions. Only under rare circumstances would i choose to have one, but I'd never deny others the right to have one.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #4104 on: October 25, 2014, 06:20:46 pm »
To me, handguns are like abortions. Only under rare circumstances would i choose to have one, but I'd never deny others the right to have one.

As I have said before, I do not own any firearms and have no desire to own any.  This however might surprise everyone here, my stance on abortion is that it is a medical procedure and as such we as a society have bestowed the decision on having said medical procedure to the doctor and patient.  I do no think abortion should be used merely as a means of birth control, at the same time unless I have something to do with the zygote, fetus, child in question I absolutely have zero voice in the medical decision.
FUKIT

James Ford

« Reply #4105 on: October 25, 2014, 11:11:22 pm »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #4106 on: October 27, 2014, 04:32:59 pm »
I got banned from a pro wrestling site.

My life has reached a dark place.
‼‼?‼‼

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4107 on: October 27, 2014, 05:21:53 pm »

SN: has anyone ever seen DFA1979 and killsaly in the same place at the same time?
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4108 on: October 27, 2014, 05:23:04 pm »
s,sn . . . how many licks does it take to get to the center of your tootsie pop?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 05:42:00 pm by walkonby »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #4109 on: October 28, 2014, 11:02:15 am »

SN: has anyone ever seen DFA1979 and killsaly in the same place at the same time?
What do you mean

<.<
>.>
‼‼?‼‼