Author Topic: GBV Roll Call  (Read 19800 times)

ratioci nation

GBV Roll Call
« on: September 08, 2004, 02:56:00 pm »
Yay, I finally get to do this.  So who will be at the show Saturday?  Anybody going to the Philly show Friday as well?

Random Citizen

Re: GBV Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 02:58:00 pm »
I'll be at the DC show.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 03:06:00 pm »
I'll be there Saturday.  

Looks like it finally sold out.

Bags

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004, 03:07:00 pm »
I'll be there Saturday.  In fact, I'm in the midst of deciding whether or not to go to an afternoon DC United game that day, or just save all my energy for the glorious and inspired combo of Tommy Keene and Pollard!  

Speaking of, if we get there about 9:00, think we'll get pretty good mid-floor placement?  (I don't have the patience to get there early enough to be up front...)

I'm meeting up with friends (woo-hoo, a dozen of us) at the Saloon at 7:30 for dinner and beer, beer, beer.  Stop by if you get a chance!

ratioci nation

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004, 03:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
  I'll be there Saturday.  In fact, I'm in the midst of deciding whether or not to go to an afternoon DC United game that day, or just save all my energy for the glorious and inspired combo of Tommy Keene and Pollard!  

Speaking of, if we get there about 9:00, think we'll get pretty good mid-floor placement?  (I don't have the patience to get there early enough to be up front...)
don't know about mid floor, but getting up front really is not that hard, go up the side, then once everybody starts moving around it is easy enough to jump in, come carrying beer, somebody will let you in

Bags

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004, 03:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by pollard:
 it is easy enough to jump in, come carrying beer, somebody will let you in
I will be carrying beer, to consume of course!  At some point I'm sure I'll go up for a bit.  We had a great time at the Bowery hangin' in the middle and whooping it up.  Went up front for a while, though, and it was a blast.  And I ran into our own pollard!     :D  

Actually, I want to be close up for Tommy Keene...probably won't have oodles of competition except for those folks waiting for GBV up at the barrier...

ggw

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2004, 03:19:00 pm »
Here

BookerT

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2004, 03:23:00 pm »
i'll be there ... i have it on pretty good authority that the band is scheduled to go on at 11:15 and is scheduled to finish at ... 2:15. now maybe the club is giving them that much time and they won't necessarily fill it, but it's a saturday nite on the farewell tour and the rolling rocks will surely be flowing, so i wouldn't put it past bob to go all phish on us. we could be looking at a 50-60 song set, good lord.

ratioci nation

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2004, 03:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by BookerT:
  i'll be there ... i have it on pretty good authority that the band is scheduled to go on at 11:15 and is scheduled to finish at ... 2:15. now maybe the club is giving them that much time and they won't necessarily fill it, but it's a saturday nite on the farewell tour and the rolling rocks will surely be flowing, so i wouldn't put it past bob to go all phish on us. we could be looking at a 50-60 song set, good lord.
going all phish on us would be a 3 hour set of 5 songs   :D

Guiny

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2004, 03:38:00 pm »
I wont be in the front or mid floor, I'll be so far back it'll seem like I'm Arlington on my couch watching Hellraiser 6........Actually that'll probably where I'll be and what I'll be doing.

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2004, 03:45:00 pm »
God damn, Rob_Gee, I have the same plans. Are you sure you're not my wife?

Originally posted by Rob_Gee:
  I wont be in the front or mid floor, I'll be so far back it'll seem like I'm Arlington on my couch watching Hellraiser 6........Actually that'll probably where I'll be and what I'll be doing.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2004, 04:06:00 pm »
i'll be there. . .3 hours?  that's it?  come on, it's their final tour, surely they could play longer than that.  3 hours is par for the course with them.
OU812

Guiny

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2004, 04:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  God damn, Rob_Gee, I have the same plans. Are you sure you're not my wife?
I'm sure there will be some good responses to this one.   :roll:

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2004, 08:13:00 pm »
I'll be at the show! It's my first and last GbV show.

tooms

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2004, 10:13:00 pm »
I'm in with the Bags dirty dozen!