Author Topic: Fillmore SS Shows  (Read 127206 times)

azaghal1981

Re: Fillmore SS Shows
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2011, 05:20:35 pm »
Not really a big fan of TC's music but kudos to them for going about that the way they did.
احمد

hemisphire

« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2011, 05:33:46 pm »
Quite surprised Trey sold out, but that's good news. Didn't sell out the 930 the last time he was there until a day or two before the show and then the place was empty due to the blizzard.

I remember it being quite crowded on the floor.  And no, I wasn't in an altered state.

fatskippy

« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2011, 05:46:04 pm »
Quite surprised Trey sold out, but that's good news. Didn't sell out the 930 the last time he was there until a day or two before the show and then the place was empty due to the blizzard.

I remember it being quite crowded on the floor.  And no, I wasn't in an altered state.

Yeah, I was shocked how crowded that show was despite the blizzard.  I was expecting it to be empty but it didn't look like the snow deterred too many people.

Yada

« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2011, 07:39:25 pm »

Maybe I was too altered to care as packed 930 shows usually annoy the hell out of me.  ::)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2011, 11:30:01 pm »
people who don't want to come into DC and are looking forward to what they see as a "low hassle/no danger" opportunity to see concerts in a small venue...

You mean all the old fogies for Bush, Filter and Chavelle?  :D :D :D

I think you have a point, but this show makes me say maybe not. Maybe LN will go 9 old fogie shows and one bizarre show mixed in.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2011, 08:48:00 am »
A Bush/Chevelle/Filter show is as cutting edge as some folks are going to get.  Let 'em stay in Montgomery County.

wml7

« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2011, 08:49:58 am »
Is the Filmore like the state fair with the shows they are booking?  ;D

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2011, 08:51:29 am »
so this is what this boils down to?  people's perception of what is "good music" and what is not?  and if said person doesn't like said music, then the venue sucks dick?  pathetic.  shut the fuck up and listen to what you like and stop caring what others think.    

wml7

« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2011, 08:58:33 am »
great, just great

Yada

« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2011, 09:14:29 am »
so this is what this boils down to?  people's perception of what is "good music" and what is not?  and if said person doesn't like said music, then the venue sucks dick?  pathetic.  shut the fuck up and listen to what you like and stop caring what others think.    

Good morning, kind sir.

Yada

« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2011, 09:15:14 am »
A Bush/Chevelle/Filter show is as cutting edge as some folks are going to get.  Let 'em stay in Montgomery County.

I bet you live in the rough and tumble Columbia Heights or maybe even H Street Corridor!

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2011, 09:22:37 am »

Good morning, kind sir.

though you think i should leave again . . . you're starting to grow on me.  i never knew you went to that trey show.  i had tickets, was very excited, and had to miss the show due to weather.  where i live, my road had barely been touched and our area was destroyed by the storm.  i bitched forever about them not canceling, but it would seem that i was one of the few who missed.  i still curl a lip into a sneer from missing that show.

this time around, i'm heading to c-ville to see trey.  i do like that venue, i love c-ville, and it takes the same amount of time to get there from here than it does to dc.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2011, 09:25:47 am »
I bet you live in the rough and tumble Columbia Heights or maybe even H Street Corridor!

Nice try.  I live in Montgomery County.

Yada

« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2011, 09:28:48 am »

Good morning, kind sir.

though you think i should leave again . . . you're starting to grow on me.  i never knew you went to that trey show.  i had tickets, was very excited, and had to miss the show due to weather.  where i live, my road had barely been touched and our area was destroyed by the storm.  i bitched forever about them not canceling, but it would seem that i was one of the few who missed.  i still curl a lip into a sneer from missing that show.

this time around, i'm heading to c-ville to see trey.  i do like that venue, i love c-ville, and it takes the same amount of time to get there from here than it does to dc.

After nine years at 17th and U and having the club stumbling distance, I now live in Silver Spring, so I'm hoping the Fillmore gets some decent acts.

Where do you live?

You'd be surprised how many Phish shows I've seen.   :o

hutch

« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2011, 09:37:01 am »
gas prices are killing me