Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2708033 times)

wml7

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #3195 on: July 12, 2011, 12:58:52 pm »
who's all going to soundgarden tonight?  I'll be on the floor, looking forward to it  ;D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3196 on: July 12, 2011, 01:09:22 pm »
yup, i'll be at patriot center tonight: sec 116, sixth row.  i got a ticket last night for below face - woohoo!  i didn't want to do GA because i'm not sure when i'm going to make it to the venue.  i'd really like to catch MV but work might not allow for that.  been listening to badmotorfinger and superunknown recently, haven't done that in years.  the albums have lost a little shine but still hold up to multiple listenings.  should be a good show tonight, looking forward to it too.

lookin' CA, feelin MN..
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 01:11:20 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3197 on: July 12, 2011, 07:22:49 pm »

Bill Callahan hopefully.
(_|_)

hutch

« Reply #3198 on: July 13, 2011, 12:08:23 am »
I could watch Matt Cameron all night.. what a drummer..nice to see him with Soundgarden... I might be wrong but I think it brings out a different side..

the Mars Volta confirmed what I already knew: not for me.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 12:21:45 am by hutch »

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #3199 on: July 13, 2011, 12:27:06 am »
Soundgarden was amazing. Played far longer (2.5 hours I think?) than I expected them to. It all started to blend into one giant song by the end, but what a song. Great show. Hope all the new songs/we'll be back banter is for real, because that band sounded fantastic.

Unsanity

« Reply #3200 on: July 13, 2011, 03:11:10 am »
I hate being broke sounds like Soundgarden were killer. The Mars Volta keep on shambling these days I guess :-/ Anyone else care shed some light on their performance?

I might go to that Time Columns instore sat afternoon then hit Torche / Big Biz

If I had a soul I would be at Company Flow in NYC.

azaghal1981

« Reply #3201 on: July 13, 2011, 05:56:02 am »
No Superchunk after all for me tomorrow.

Fat Worm of motherfucking Error tonight!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=183955364996192
احمد

lily1

« Reply #3202 on: July 13, 2011, 08:42:16 am »
interpol tonight
u2 in philly tommorow night

wml7

« Reply #3203 on: July 13, 2011, 11:59:11 am »
Soundgarden with Mars Volta was an awesome show.  I had a ticket fiasco that kind of put a damper on the night but the show made up for it.  I had an extra floor ticket I was going to sell for face and someone from Craigslist contacted me for it.  I wanted to get to the show around 6.  There was also early entrance because this was a fan club ticket.  I mentioned that to the guy and he was like yeah yeah I'll be there by 5pm just waiting.  I get there around 5:40 and no sign of the guy.  I called him up and he said he is running late be there in 30 to 40 mins.  I'm like hmmm, ok.  6:30 I call and he said is finally pulling into the parking lot.  Wait some more and 20 mins later still no sign.  I call cell and it goes straight to voice mail.  I get a call around 7:10 and the guy is already in the venue and said, "oh I changed my mind but I have a friend who would take the ticket if you wait around".  I was livid at this point and just said screw it and found some random guy and sold the ticket for 40 bucks.  Unprofessional fuckers.  Other then that Soundgarden was awesome.  They played almost everything and sounded great.  Mars Volta was good too but I can only take so much of them after a few songs  ;D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3204 on: July 13, 2011, 01:03:16 pm »
soundgarden was awesome.  the show was everything a good rock concert should be.  i too could watch matt cameron drum all night.  only complaint is that the snare was mixed a little low (tho it was even lower for MV).

there were about 8 women sitting by me who spent the entire show yelling "chris, we love you, take your shirt off!!!", "rip it off cornell!!!" "lose the t-shirt!", etc.  their only goal seemed to be getting cornell topless.  they eventually recruited a bunch of other people to join in the pro-shirtless chants.  i don't think cornell ever heard them but it made for a fun & funny atmosphere.  reverse sexism, woohoo!

text sent to the director: "last time i saw this many people in SG t-shirts: 1995".  thirty seconds after i sent that, cornell says "shout-out to all the folks wearing the old shirts from our first time 'round... can't believe those things are still holding together!" ;D

The Mars Volta keep on shambling these days I guess :-/ Anyone else care shed some light on their performance?

sure: it was certifiably boring, when not downright bad.  omar provided some decent guitar wankery from time to time, but as a band they never came up with anything that i enjoyed.  a case of the whole not adding up to the sum of its parts.  cedric's wailing was annoying.  the mix wasn't very good, very mushy and unbalanced - low snare, too much vox, etc.
<sig>

eros

« Reply #3205 on: July 13, 2011, 01:25:24 pm »
u2 in philly tommorow night

This.  Taking my kid to his first real show.
ʎɐʍou

bearman🐻

« Reply #3206 on: July 13, 2011, 01:42:19 pm »
I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way about the Mars Volta. I just never understood that band.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3207 on: July 13, 2011, 01:59:28 pm »
I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way about the Mars Volta. I just never understood that band.

the only thing one needs to understand about MV is that they are a studio band.  they don't belong on a stage. 
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3208 on: July 13, 2011, 03:25:18 pm »
<sig>

Unsanity

« Reply #3209 on: July 13, 2011, 03:38:14 pm »
So sad to hear of TMV. The 9:30 Club show in 2003 (Their only DC appearance EVER) was incredible. I thought they were the best band in the world.